WWE Evolution Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn, who is Pete Dunne defending against?

Against trent seven in Drag.......

It women PPV so its the NXT UK women's belt

and BTW Pete belt called WWE UK belt.

Damn, who is Pete Dunne defending against?

And what your problem to annoying pepole I did nothing to you and every comment i wrote,

you just made joke about me.

And if you try to insult me so its not even working to you.

You try to achieve something by doing it?

WWE’s Triple H recently did an interview with ESPN to talk about the company’s announcement of their first ever all-female pay-per-view (PPV), Evolution. The PPV will go down on October 28th in Long Island, New York.

Some have speculated that the decision to do the Evolution PPV was in response to what happened at the Greatest Royal Rumble this past April. No women were on the card due to the culture difference in Saudi Arabia.

WWE got some heat for this after all of their effort that has been put into the Women’s Revolution over the years. Triple H was asked if the events in Saudi Arabia had anything to do with the decision to put on the Evolution PPV. Here’s what he had to say:

“Let’s take the Saudi Arabia show off the table, and let’s just say it never happened — would anybody question that they deserve this opportunity? To me, it’s a ridiculous statement, the timing of it… You cannot affect change in a region that, culturally, is trying to change, you cannot help them affect that change without being there.”

You can check out Triple H’s interview with ESPN by clicking this link here.

https://www.sescoops.com/triple-h-on-if-greatest-royal-rumble-influenced-wwe-evolution/

Not seen much negativity other than Muur baselessly predicting it to be the lowest rated PPV ever, and Muur doesnt ever have a decent thought process behind things.

I think people are more open to this than you think.

I'll enjoy this show if it's balls-to-the-wall (heh...balls pun)...with legends and surprise returns, and women from the MYC, and even some women from other promotions. But, if it's just the current batch of female WWE talents, then I don't expect much from it (nothing against them...but, keeping a whole show engaging from start to finish, with nothing but the current talents is going to be a struggle)...(it's a struggle for WWE to do that with the combined male and female rosters).

Also, they should really contact Cyndi Lauper for this.

And they should also have the balls to announce that Chyna is entering the HoF, and unveil a bronze statue for her.

I don't get where this "it's going to be the least viewed PPV" idea has come from. Are there seriously people out there who believe this PPV is going to do worse than the likes of December to Dismember '06 and Battleground '13? C'mon get real, women's wrestling isn't what it used to be, it's improved so much. People who still have that "it's a women's match so it's automatically gonna stink the place out" attitude in 2018 really need to open their eyes.

It's more like it's a match with women who aren't good wrestlers.

That's fair enough. What I have a problem with is that there are some people who are instantly coming out with crap like "this is going to be the least viewed PPV" or "I can tell this PPV is going to suck" simply because it's a female only show. Sure, there are women on the WWE roster who can't wrestle but there's also men on the roster who can't wrestle either. On the flip side, there's women on the roster who can put on top quality matches just like there are men who can do the same. We don't even know who's going to be in what matches yet, it's way too early to be making predictions like the ones I've mentioned previously at this stage.

It likely will be the least watched PPV. Because people know whether they are interested in women's wrestling or not. If they aren't at all, they will skip it. It doesn't matter if there have been complete shit PPVs in the past...people still would have tuned into those if they thought they could have had potential to be good. But you can't ignore the number of people who are going to skip anything female related "just because"...and people need to set their expectations accordingly.

Archived