After a three-year suspension, Hulk Hogan has been reinstated into the WWE Hall of Fame.

Mango kid

I loved Hogan, I grew up a Hulkamaniac as a kid in the '80s, I was nWo 4-Life as a teen in the '90s. The Rock was my favorite Attitude era guy, but I was booing him against Hogan when he came back to the WWE. I even started watching TNA because Hogan went there. He was my guy. But I'm so done with him.

He does belong in the hall of fame. Austin's a wife beater. Snuka killed a chick. Road Warrior Aniimal and Michael Hayes are just as racist as Hogan. A lot of these guys are scumbags. That doesn't take away their accomplishments as wrestlers. So I don't have a problem with Hogan being put back into the HOF. But he should never be on WWE TV again.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really think Hogan means well and he's just very naive and very ignorant. I think he actually gets very emotionally upset at his inability to convince people that he means no harm. And that doesn't make it right...but it still makes him tolerable in my book...because he's a trainwreck, and it's obvious that he's too out of touch to know it, or how to change it.

I never understood the point of bringing up other wrestlers as if I care even a little bit about Michael Hayes. Not even trying to sound like a dick but it is pointless to me. I would hope no one holds any of these people above criticism, any of them can get it no problem.

Also, I should say...there's no reason for pro wrestling to even ostracize people. If someone is an asshole in real life, then let them be remembered as an asshole. Just don't push the agenda of Hogan being an "American Hero".

Pro wrestling has every right (more so than any other sport) to just say "here was a good guy who turned into a piece of a shit". They don't need to bar that person from the product or strike their name from history...just let people react how they want, and Hogan can be a part of WWE for as long as he wants. I get people not wanting him to earn a high dollar paycheck from WWE...but if he goes out and gets half eaten hotdogs thrown at him every night, then who cares?

I never understood the point of bringing up other wrestlers as if I care even a little bit about Michael Hayes. Not even trying to sound like a dick but it is pointless to me. I would hope no one holds any of these people above criticism, any of them can get it no problem.

I brought them up because I think 90% of the people in the Hall of Fame are what I would call bad people. So if we starting disqualifying people from the hall of fame because they're not good people, the HOF would be pretty empty. If we're going to remove Hogan, then we need to remove the majority of them, too. I'm not calling for that. Even if they weren't good people, the Hall of Fame is for their wrestling accomplishments, and not their personal life.

That being said, I do think they all deserve criticism. Racism, domestic abuse, murder... these are not "mistakes" that I'm willing to forgive and move past. In my opinion, these things are legit evil.

I brought them up because I think 90% of the people in the Hall of Fame are what I would call bad people. So if we starting disqualifying people from the hall of fame because they're not good people, the HOF would be pretty empty. If we're going to remove Hogan, then we need to remove the majority of them, too. I'm not calling for that. Even if they weren't good people, the Hall of Fame is for their wrestling accomplishments, and not their personal life.

That being said, I do think they all deserve criticism. Racism, domestic abuse, murder... these are not "mistakes" that I'm willing to forgive and move past. In my opinion, these things are legit evil.

Oh okay you just mean the HOF. Yeah thats fine to me, dont really take the HOF seriously. My gripe was them potentially letting him be a part of the show in general. Keep your ring and keep off my TV.

What an idiot.

The actual quote is not as bad as the tweet and headline make it seem. I get what he was trying to say too. He isnt saying everyone needs to just forget but maybe just give him a chance to prove himself again.

It's pretty bad because Hogan doesn't look apologetic at all and talks about how brotherhood means forgiveness, even though Hogan probably stabbed his friends in the back. He can't even figure out why some people haven't forgiven him despite his apology.

And he was given a chance to prove himself with the apology, and he *censored*ed that up. His "apology" was basically advice to watch what they say as they might not know when they're being recorded when he should have apologized for using racist slurs.

If you took all the "n-words" out of what Hogan said and replaced them all with "African Americans," it would still be a wildly racist rant. It wasn't just that he said the n-word.

I do think it's stupid they took Hogan out of the Hall of Fame when they have just the worst type of people honored in there. Wife beaters (Austin), convicted rapists (Tyson), and literally the worst human of our lifetime (Trump). What Hogan said was terrible and disgusting, but at the end of the day, it was just words. He didn't physically hurt anyone.

But I still don't ever need to see him on WWE again. I hope they do include him in the video games. But beyond that, he never needs to be in front of a WWE crowd, giving some phony apology he doesn't really mean.

Then I guess Chris Benoit has a pretty good chance of being in the hall of fame someday.

If you took all the "n-words" out of what Hogan said and replaced them all with "African Americans," it would still be a wildly racist rant. It wasn't just that he said the n-word.

I do think it's stupid they took Hogan out of the Hall of Fame when they have just the worst type of people honored in there. Wife beaters (Austin), convicted rapists (Tyson), and literally the worst human of our lifetime (Trump). What Hogan said was terrible and disgusting, but at the end of the day, it was just words. He didn't physically hurt anyone.

But I still don't ever need to see him on WWE again. I hope they do include him in the video games. But beyond that, he never needs to be in front of a WWE crowd, giving some phony apology he doesn't really mean.

Then I guess Chris Benoit has a pretty good chance of being in the hall of fame someday.

Benoit is a different case.

Those *Censored*s might be brothers but they don't get the brotherhood like you and me brother

Oh, brother. :P

What Hogan needed to do was lay low, and show with his actions that he'd learned from what he did. Part of that would have been to accept that a mere apology wouldn't perhaps be enough for some people. People who were very deeply offended. Now he's basically said the issue is with those who didn't accept it.

However the "brotherhood" he talks about is in itself an issue, this wresting brotherhood was run on the code of "what happens on tour, stays on tour" and included ritual covering up of;

1: Drug and excessive alcohol use

2: Promiscuity and cheating on partners / spouses.

3: Bullying and "hazing" of new recruits - including kangaroo courts.

4: Institutionalized racism and discrimination.

So yes, "the old school mentality" might play a part - that still doesn't make it right. The attitudes to it were much different back then, not only in wrestling but in society - however that doesn't really mean it wasn't deeply wrong in the first place. Hogan himself had his leg broken deliberately by a wrestling trainer - because it was "the way it was". Was that any less heinous than if it had been done yesterday?

The only real difference with it now, is that people don't allow it to go unpunished - where as in the past it was just seen as "how it was". As I said, that doesn't make it any less wrong.

Sounds to me like this brotherhood mostly involved so many letting things go because of his name value and creative control behind the scenes.

Sounds to me like this brotherhood mostly involved so many letting things go because of his name value and creative control behind the scenes.

In Hogan's case yeah, but wrestlers were notorious for closing ranks and backing each other up. It was pretty much a closed society.

Archived