CAW's Cars.

MikeM

Couldn't find a thread about cars - so here's one.

(OK I'm just a little excited because I got a new one, okay? :rock: )

And here she is, 2014 Ford Focus Titanium (Navigator) 1L.

JnQz6f2.jpg

From this angle it looks like a hatchback. You should post a side pic.

It is a hatchback. I believe in the UK only the hatch and estate (Station Wagon) versions of the Focus are available. Might post more pics later. There were loads on the advert that I bought it from on Autotrader, but for some reason that car doesn't seem to be on there. Bet some b*stard bought it. :shifty:

Love that Dodge, some cars look really good in red.

It is a hatchback. I believe in the UK only the hatch and estate (Station Wagon) versions of the Focus are available. Might post more pics later. There were loads on the advert that I bought it from on Autotrader, but for some reason that car doesn't seem to be on there. Bet some b*stard bought it. :shifty:

Hatchbacks seem to be a lot more popular in the UK and other parts or Europe compared to USA.

Hatchbacks seem to be a lot more popular in the UK and other parts or Europe compared to USA.

Yeah, if I'm correct, I don't think a US car owner pays road tax and insurance on the vehicle itself, do they? So things like engine size and desirability for thieves doesn't really come into the equation. The "hot hatch" originated in the 1980's as a means for young drivers to have a car with a bit of power, but to not get absolutely done on the insurance. The hatchback offers the maneuverability of a sports car, but with the practicality of a bigger one.

The way insurance works over here is that you buy your car, and then have to get an insurance policy to cover it. The premium is calculated by the likelihood of a claim being made, so young men for example would be paying more - than a young woman as it is believed that young women are safer drivers (because us lads do things like handbrake turns and drag races to impress young women) also the more powerful a vehicle is increases the risk that a younger driver wouldn't be able to control it safely. A hatchback is generally seen as a lower risk to insure, and therefore cheaper.

Policies can still range dramatically, I got quotes for this car ranging from £255 annually to £700 - for EXACTLY the same cover. And I'm 38, with a respectable job, a family and I've been driving for 20 years. Hardly a boy racer.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived