POSSIBLE SPOILERS: Major Details Revealed About Rey Mysterio’s WWE Return

classiq.

Rey Mysterios return lit a fire under WWE officials because they realized his dynamic with the WWE Universe remains strong. As a result, the two sides have been discussing a long-term deal to bring Mysterio back to the company for more than a couple one-off appearances or matches at major events like the Greatest Royal Rumble back in April.

The WWE Universe is particularly excited about his involvement in WWE 2K19 since a handful of former WWE Superstars have returned to the company through promoting the video game. Apparently, Mysterio is the latest to join that club because DirtySheets has reported that Rey and WWE officials have agreed and signed a new two-year deal.

Almost two weeks ago, the company was in San Diego for an edition of Raw and the two parties negotiated in person and were able to finalize his new contract. Mysterios new contract is said to begin at the start of August, so its only a matter of time before he gets back on WWE programming to begin a major rivalry for Summerslam later next month.

As of this writing, Rey Mysterio is penciled in for a huge return to SmackDown Live. On paper, there are a handful of great things for him to do at Summerslam. A lot of people would be ecstatic to see Mysterio vs. Styles for the WWE Championship in Brooklyn, but thats just one of the options for him at the biggest party of the summer. Theres also no reason to rush since Mysterio is signed with the company for at least the next two years.

Who should Rey Mysterio feud with first once he returns to WWE television?

https://wrestlingrumors.net/rey-mysterio-wwe-return/

Mysterio vs Almas is a star-making feud. Reminds me of Mysterio vs Del Rio, except I feel like Almas is less likely to become insufferable.

And now I do not want it to happen. Thanks EJ.

Defo want to see Rey Vs AJ but his returning feud should be against Almas.

Well if you want AJ vs Rey then Rey would surely have to beat Almas to be considered a threat if he did start vs Almas then move to AJ

Well if you want AJ vs Rey then Rey would surely have to beat Almas to be considered a threat if he did start vs Almas then move to AJ

Yeah, like AJ Styles beat Chris Jericho at Wrestlemania before feuding with Roman for the WWE title.

Yeah, Muur, for sure! It's not like Rey Mysterio isn't a living legend and isn't a former WWE/World Champion or anything, right? So I guess he has to prove himself against a guy like Almas.

I mean, if Rey comes in and jobs out - he shouldn't go right for the WWE title. If he beats Almas fair enough but if he loses, then i'd put him US title level

AJ was a one off

If some other former WWE champ came in, lost to a newcomer - he wouldn't then be thrown right into a WWE title feud

I'd only want Rey in CW if the title becomes a major part of SD. Rey vs AJ should definitely happen regardless though.

I mean, if Rey comes in and jobs out - he shouldn't go right for the WWE title. If he beats Almas fair enough but if he loses, then i'd put him US title level

AJ was a one off

If some other former WWE champ came in, lost to a newcomer - he wouldn't then be thrown right into a WWE title feud

Yea Jinder Mahal was a world beater before he went for the title.

AJ was a one off

Yea Jinder Mahal was a world beater before he went for the title.

Jinder wasn't new

Archived