RUMOUR: WWE Offering Big Money Deals to Indie Stars?

classiq.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Some companies"

Such as?

Frontier Wrestling Alliance

PileDriver in illegal in all of Tennesee/New Orelans. Mexico is listed as not allowing Piledrivers (but maybe that's changed), the move is banned in MMA.

That's what I found for places youre not allowed to do the move outside of WWE

Wiki also states that it's "banned in other states and companies all over the world" but doesn't state which ones.

That is the company I trained with and have not existed since 2012. Stop talking out your ass Muur. If you're still insistent on using them as your bogus example I will point you toward their spiritual successor; RevPro. And RevPro do allow piledrivers to which I can attest to, because I've seen one at every one of their shows I have been too recently.

The entirety of your post count consists of you making claims and then scouring the internet for the odd report to back it up. Dude, just stop, it makes you come off as petty and not articulate. It's clear you don't have much knowledge on what you're talking about so stop.

Well I was just showing it was/is banned in places other than WWE

I guess Uncle Vinnie couldn't get that cancelled after all. I'm sure this will make them get even more agressive in signing these guys, though.

Yeah, he'll definitely have them in his crosshairs after them invading WWE's own ground. And a petty and vindictive Vince usually goes overboard in these things, so money will be no object to sign as much talent away as he can.

Except that besides SCSA it's just not the case.

Go grab 100 people off the street, show them these moves, or a move like a leg drop... I guarantee they tell you SCSA, HBK, TAKER, and Hogan. Thats what this whole argument is, and anyone arguing otherwise is just trying to be an elitist.

And as far as piledrivers being banned, I know they are very strict about them in Kansas, Nebraska and Colorado, and some of the Oklahoma companies dont allow them. though not banned you will get a stern talking to from most promoters about those things these days, especially if they more douchey athletic comission people are there.

Its the same with inter-gender wrestling, chair shots to the head, and blood. Many promotions just dont allow that stuff anymore. Its not 1998.

For the last time... The World is bigger than the US. Go to wrestling hotbeds like Mexico and Japan and the history of Pro wrestling may surprise you.

You are missing the point. Thanks for playing, anyway.

We KNOW that other people have used these moves, but worldwide they are synonymous with the people that we have listed, same as a figure 4 with flair, its just how it is.

I know there are places all over the US and worldwide that let people do whatever, but to say that its not ALSO common for promotions to ban many of these things is just inaccurate.

Reported for spam.

It's a really weird thing but this year's G1 might be the most important ever. The ramifications of it might give us a hint as to what the entire wrestling landscape next year will look like, not just in New Japan. And who knows, Kenny's moto is 'Change The World', maybe he'll be able to change the business even more if he does go to WWE.

Reported for spam.

It's a really weird thing but this year's G1 might be the most important ever. The ramifications of it might give us a hint as to what the entire wrestling landscape next year will look like, not just in New Japan. And who knows, Kenny's moto is 'Change The World', maybe he'll be able to change the business even more if he does go to WWE.

And we all know that's not happening - because things in WWE only change if the company allows them to. I think that's the main reason that Omega and the Bucks aren't already there. The exposure is probably double what they would get elsewhere, the merchandising opportunities and crossover avenues etc would turn most people's heads.

There are two main disadvantages with WWE. One is the travel and the work schedule - the other is the creative aspect being significantly less flexible.

This thread has went straight to hell. I dont understand it. I just dont. Back on topic again however, I really really wish there was a way WWE and NJPW could have crossover ppvs and matches. Would be awesome for both sides tbh.

Same reason Sony hasn't done crossplay with Xbox One. Ego.

Tired of topic derailing. All discussion isn't good discussion if it's annoying as hell to go into topics. Please get back on topic.

(also take a shot everytime I type topic)

Kinda related.

Evolve Champion Matt Riddle is rumored to be WWE bound. The Super King of Bros had been scheduled to work multiple dates in Dublin, Ireland for Over The Top Wrestling during SummerSlam weekend, but pulled out due to a scheduling conflict.

https://twitter.com/OTT_wrestling/status/1019938556867948544

On the latest episode of Wrestling Observer Live, Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez said they dont know for sure whats in store for Riddle, but hes probably headed to WWE. Alvarez addressed a fan asking about Matt Riddle and expressed a similar sentiment.

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1021116981569703936

Both New Japan Pro Wrestling and WWE have been interested in Riddle, but New Japan would only use him for limited dates in the United States, which wouldnt be enough to sign him.

Riddle has been the Evolve Champion since Evolve 102 back on April 5th when he defeated Zack Sabre Jr., who had been champion for over a year. His next Evolve title defense takes place on Saturday, August 4th when he defends against Shane Strickland in a Hardcore Rules match from the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia, PA.

Having canceled scheduled appearances during SummerSlam weekend, it would not be entirely unexpected to see Matt sitting ringside during NXT Takeover: Brooklyn at the Barclays Center. Should he sign with WWE and join NXT, Riddle would be amongst an absolutely stacked roster that includes Adam Cole, Aleister Black, Ricochet, EC3, Johnny Gargano, Tommaso Ciampa, Velveteen Dream and Keith Lee.

https://www.sescoops.com/matt-riddle-rumored-to-be-wwe-bound/

Just saw and met Riddle this weekend at a local ECCW show here in Vancouver. He says that he is in talks with WWE. Nothing more than that though of course.

Archived