RUMOUR: WWE Offering Big Money Deals to Indie Stars?

classiq.

WWE weren't wrong for Stardust. That was just part of Cody's evolution. People will see that one day.

If Cody truly hated that character, then he wouldn't still be utilizing parts of the persona today. In many ways, the current version of Cody is actually the Stardust gimmick without the attire itself. He says and does a bunch of overly flashy things, smiles way too much, does a bunch of over-the-top shit. It's all part of that evolution.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As ever it depends on how they're used and where WWE sees them going in terms of the pecking order. Just look at how Gallows and Anderson were used when they were arguably the best tag team available. The Bucks would be massive, if WWE wants them to be and if the timing is right.

WWE strikes me sometimes as a child with a toy, it will be the greatest thing ever initially, but then something else comes along, and the cool new toy becomes an afterthought with all the other shiny new toys before it (Again see how the Club was on the rise, but then the Hardy Boys came back and simply had to win the titles at Mania). Also the crippling restrictions on individual creativity would potentially be a big thing for the Bucks and Cody. WWE would likely run the "too sweet" into the ground for a start.

As ever it depends on how they're used and where WWE sees them going in terms of the pecking order. Just look at how Gallows and Anderson were used when they were arguably the best tag team available. The Bucks would be massive, if WWE wants them to be and if the timing is right.

WWE strikes me sometimes as a child with a toy, it will be the greatest thing ever initially, but then something else comes along, and the cool new toy becomes an afterthought with all the other shiny new toys before it (Again see how the Club was on the rise, but then the Hardy Boys came back and simply had to win the titles at Mania). Also the crippling restrictions on individual creativity would potentially be a big thing for the Bucks and Cody. WWE would likely run the "too sweet" into the ground for a start.

I agree.. Wwe wants the new toys but comes off like the the kid who only wanted the new toy so others couldnt have it....

Guns & Gallows were never a great team.

Anderson and Gallows were just cool in BC. They were cool because they seemed like a couple of goodbrothers. And they still have that in WWE. I still mark when they get a little backstage segment where they say some funny shit and move on. I've always been annoyed by the lack of a push they got in WWE, but they aren't being held back in any real way either. They're just...there. Being goodbrothers. And that's okay.

I sincerely hope they turn down the deal. WWE has so many stars already, which they don't really know how to utilise, while Omega and company have so much to achieve outside of WWE. I'd hate to see any of them being curbed creatively.

I hope they decline and then WWE stop being hoes and just do a partnership with NJPW and make the entire wrestling world happy because they have more than enough money to stop trying to kill every other company. I have spoken.

I hope they decline and then WWE stop being hoes and just do a partnership with NJPW and make the entire wrestling world happy because they have more than enough money to stop trying to kill every other company. I have spoken.

Working with NJPW is really no better than it would be if NJPW didn't exist at all. The competition is good. I like the idea of WWE working with NOAH...and then WWE and NJPW both needing to continue a strong work ethic to compete with each other. A partnership with NJPW would be just as lame as WWE actually poaching all those guys.

I think a flow of talent relations is a good thing to have...but not an outright partnership between WWE and NJPW. I want WWE to be able to say "can we borrow Cody for a night?" and NJPW to be like "yeah...give us AJ for this date"...I'm cool with something like that. But not a contractual partnership that binds them.

Their title haul in NJPW suggests otherwise.

Working with NJPW is really no better than it would be if NJPW didn't exist at all. The competition is good. I like the idea of WWE working with NOAH...and then WWE and NJPW both needing to continue a strong work ethic to compete with each other. A partnership with NJPW would be just as lame as WWE actually poaching all those guys.

I think a flow of talent relations is a good thing to have...but not an outright partnership between WWE and NJPW. I want WWE to be able to say "can we borrow Cody for a night?" and NJPW to be like "yeah...give us AJ for this date"...I'm cool with something like that. But not a contractual partnership that binds them.

Thats what I was saying. What do you think I meant by partnership?

Anderson and Gallows were just cool in BC. They were cool because they seemed like a couple of goodbrothers. And they still have that in WWE. I still mark when they get a little backstage segment where they say some funny shit and move on. I've always been annoyed by the lack of a push they got in WWE, but they aren't being held back in any real way either. They're just...there. Being goodbrothers. And that's okay.

I don't think it was intentional, but the Hardys coming back was seriously crap timing for them, because they had to win those titles, and couldn't lose them quickly either - and clearly their defences weren't planned to be against G&A. In fact if you think about it, the timing of their arrival was crap, because it was pretty obvious WWE had no intentions of having New Day drop the titles to anyone due to them wanting to erase Demolition from the record books. Ironically Gallows and Anderson really should have come in like the Hardys. Because the whole buzz around them was that they were going to be a big threat to the titles. Once they'd lost to New Day two or three times, their credibility was damaged.

Now I'm fine with the fact they're clearly happy with life in WWE - I just think personally its a waste.

Partnership would mean something more concrete in my book...a talent exchange is based on handshakes and good will...you do it by the specific talent and on a one-off basis...have your lawyers write a thing up...I don't consider that a partnership. WWE has a partnership with Progress. WWE is working on a partnership with NOAH. These things have a more concrete foundation to them...not just "let us borrow this guy". More like a training grounds...like, WWE probably says "we're going to pay you this amount to be our "partner" so that when the time comes, we can take some of your guys that we like". I'm assuming that's what WWE does with these "partnerships".

Yeah, WWE has had a partnership with New Japan before.

Their title haul in NJPW suggests otherwise.

Jinder Mahal was WWE champ for like 6 months.

Partnership would mean something more concrete in my book...a talent exchange is based on handshakes and good will...you do it by the specific talent and on a one-off basis...have your lawyers write a thing up...I don't consider that a partnership. WWE has a partnership with Progress. WWE is working on a partnership with NOAH. These things have a more concrete foundation to them...not just "let us borrow this guy". More like a training grounds...

Do you also believe NXT UK is good for PROGRESS?

Do you also believe NXT UK is good for PROGRESS?

Read what I just said. I believe WWE probably has a set amount that they pay Progress annually...which allows them to poach talent without actually poaching it. That's my assumption. Maybe I'm wrong. But, sure...if Progress is getting money like that, then it probably is better than the money flow that they previously had...yes. And that flow of cash from WWE will (in theory) allow them to hire new talents to replace the ones that WWE takes and uses. Long term? Maybe it will bite them...but it's a good thing while it lasts. In the short term, Progress is probably looking at a steadier cash flow than ever before.

Again...I claim to know none of this as fact. That's just how I assume a partnership would work in the wrestling world. That's what makes sense to me.

Amusingly enough, if WWE is only trying to sign them to eliminate competition, I think thats one of the big reasons that they'll refuse to sign. Especially with Omega, there's probably no way he'd sign if he doesn't feel like he'll be used right and for the right reasons with a plan already in place.

The Young Bucks are self-made Stars, that that make serious merch money. Unless it's Lesnar-money, they definitely won't take it.

Funny enough, I see the Bucks taking a deal before Cody or Kenny.

And I see Kenny taking a deal before Cody.

I think Cody is the least likely to return to WWE. He has a chip on his shoulder. He wants to make his father proud, and accomplish as much as possible. Both Kenny and the Bucks have already accomplished most of what they could ever hope to accomplish outside of the WWE. The idea of winning the WWE championships is probably beginning to call them. If you truly strive to be the best in history, then you still need those belts on your trophy shelf...whether you're going to regret being forced into the WWE mold or not.

The Young Bucks are self-made Stars, that that make serious merch money. Unless it's Lesnar-money, they definitely won't take it.

Funny enough, I see the Bucks taking a deal before Cody or Kenny.

And I see Kenny taking a deal before Cody.

I think Cody is the least likely to return to WWE.

I think the chances of any of them making the jump are slim to nill but I agree. With Kenny I could see him using the justification that he wants to make WWE better, but with Cody I just don't see it happening at all with the previous experience.

Man I dont know what the hell yall are talking about. Whatever you call allowing both companies to be separate entities while regularly exchanging talent and doing joint events...thats what I want.

Man I dont know what the hell yall are talking about. Whatever you call allowing both companies to be separate entities while regularly exchanging talent and doing joint events...thats what I want.

I don't really get the attitude, man. You can call it whatever you want. I just said what I consider a partnership to be. Damn...

If they were doing something regularly, then that's exactly what I described as a partnership...I never said anything otherwise. I just said that one-off deals weren't that. Like...when WWE got Liger for NXT. In no way, shape, or form do I consider that a partnership. It was a single occurrence. If that was a true partnership between NJPW and WWE, then it would be ongoing...and we wouldn't even have this discussion. It was just a business deal. I'm all in favor of WWE and NJPW inking random deals like that from time to time...I just don't think they will ever agree to an ongoing partnership, where you have a contract that says "both parties agree to exchange talent for the period of time stated herein, blah, blah, blah".

Like...what WWE have with the UK guys, they would never be at risk of Pete Dunne just not showing up to a WWE event. They know exactly what they paid for. It isn't a day to day thing...it's a guaranteed commitment. That's a partnership.

I don't really get the attitude, man. You can call it whatever you want. I just said what I consider a partnership to be. Damn...

If they were doing something regularly, then that's exactly what I described as a partnership...I never said anything otherwise. I just said that one-off deals weren't that. Like...when WWE got Liger for NXT. In no way, shape, or form do I consider that a partnership. It was a single occurrence. If that was a true partnership between NJPW and WWE, then it would be ongoing...and we wouldn't even have this discussion. It was just a business deal. I'm all in favor of WWE and NJPW inking random deals like that from time to time...I just don't think they will ever agree to an ongoing partnership, where you have a contract that says "both parties agree to exchange talent for the period of time stated herein, blah, blah, blah".

Like...what WWE have with the UK guys, they would never be at risk of Pete Dunne just not showing up to a WWE event. They know exactly what they paid for. It isn't a day to day thing...it's a guaranteed commitment. That's a partnership.

Nah I didnt mean for it to come off as attitude. I also didnt mean for the word partnership to start a discussion about the specifics of the word.

Nah I didnt mean for it to come off as attitude. I also didnt mean for the word partnership to start a discussion about the specifics of the word.

There was no attitude, that was clear, don't worry.

Ya wwe wants cody back because they realized hes actually good on the mic and cutting promos and wrestles damn good... that they were wrong for the Stardust shit but question is Cody over how wwe treated him

I'm quite sure WWE realized how good Cody was at the time. His stock and popularity has obviously risen from then up until now.

Archived