RUMOUR: WWE Offering Big Money Deals to Indie Stars?

classiq.

Maybe I'm cynical but it seems obvious to me that the only reason they're trying to sign them is to stop the competition. A few people were saying a couple pages back that WWE will definitely book them well and make space on the roster for them because they're so big right now, which I don't see at all. I think it's more likely that once signed, they'd do anything they want with them because there's a contract in place. Give Cody the Stardust gimmick again and immediately put him in random lower midcard feuds until he's completely lost in the shuffle. What's he gonna do, break his contract? Then it'll get frozen and he might even get taken to court. And even if he does eventually get released, the hype from All In etc would have died down by then. This is just a hypothetical scenario, but I wouldn't see these wrestlers being signed by WWE as a positive.

This plays too much into the Evil Vince narrative. You seem to be forgetting how much that man loves money. He makes more money if those guys are booked well. You see how much merch they move independently? Imagine exposing them and their merch to a wider WWE audience. That leads to truckloads of money which is what Vince wants at the end of the day.

True, but I feel that there's still a lot of examples where Vince arguably threw away money with poor decisions revolving around wrestlers - Nakamura, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan to name a few. I try to keep personal bias out of that view, I genuinely think that those three were squandered in terms of money (especially Bryan). I think the biggest example of this is the Invasion angle, which I'd argue is the closest thing to this (if All In is considered as competition). Maybe this is a case of Vince finally noticing the potential of these wrestlers, or maybe it's just to quell the threat. Vince loves money but he also loves feeding his ego and punishing his competition (e.g. WCW in the Invasion angle). Maybe it is playing into the Evil Vince narrative too much, but I still can't help but feel these guys are better off out of WWE. Even if WWE do try to book them well, I'm still happier with the thought of them still doing what they're doing, especially cos All In is genuinely one of the most groundbreaking things to happen in wrestling (at least I hope it is when looking back on it).

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They could have made the most money back in 2001 by utilizing DDP and Booker T then we'd probably have seen Sting and some others come in much sooner to be a part of it. Not going to call Vince evil but when it comes down to it he's only behind what's popular when it's something he created.

They could have made the most money back in 2001 by utilizing DDP and Booker T then we'd probably have seen Sting and some others come in much sooner to be a part of it. Not going to call Vince evil but when it comes down to it he's only behind what's popular when it's something he created.

That's been proven wrong so many times I think Vince has a lot less control backstage and people actually think maybe he did in the past but now I think he relies more on the road agents in the creative team

Here's one I've always had NXT is only good for Indie talent to learn WWE Style if your home grown Talent the odds are very against you of ever doing much in the company or ever getting a shot in NXT title at least in this day and age

I think with the success of ALL IN, those five guys may use that as leverage. Not for more money from Vince but to try and change the business and work out cross-promotional deals and events. If anyone can tip the scale at this point, it's them. Add that to the fact that Y2J tries to work something out any chance he can get, add that to the way Triple H runs his parts of the company. People within the company want it, everyone is friends with each other. I know these guys want to face many people in the WWE but they understandably don't want to be tied down so I think it's time. The idea of isolation from the rest of the wrestling world is so outdated and does more harm than good.

I mean Triple H may go for it but that still risky as hell guys like Jericho can pull off cross-promotion cuz he's trusted but other guys that's a risky Venture even for to take I don't think will work in WWE environment where they need guys to show up week in and week out

You run a huge risk of guys know showing events if they're just here for a match or two and leave or people with Brock Lesnar type contracts

Instead of offering money ti likey do nothing long term, Vince should make a deal where wrestlekindom is shown on the network and has a wwe title match in exchange for wrestlemania on njpworld and a couple njpw coming to wrestlemania or ect.

Instead of offering money ti likey do nothing long term, Vince should make a deal where wrestlekindom is shown on the network and has a wwe title match in exchange for wrestlemania on njpworld and a couple njpw coming to wrestlemania or ect.

I would hope that they enjoy the pre show battle royal

Archived