Matt Cappotelli passes away aged 38.

ItalianoFBI

Former WWE Tough Enough winner Matt Cappotelli passed away today at the age of 38.

Cappotelli was diagnosed with a brain tumor back in 2005 but he beat that in 2007. He was then diagnosed with a Grade 4 glioblastoma tumor in 2017, the deadliest form of brain cancer. Doctors removed 90% of the mass on his skull and the rest was being treated with chemotherapy but it was considered terminal as it was too close to the brain stem to touch.

Matts wife Lindsay wrote the following in a Facebook post today:

Hey Team CappIve been struggling with what to say and how to say this, and Ill probably end up rambling, but here goes. Today my love-my strong, sweet, beautiful love-took his last breath at 3:30 a.m. and went Home to be with Jesusexactly one year after his brain surgery. You think you can be prepared for this when you know its coming, but you just cant. The only person whos comfort I want right now is the one who cant give it to me. I miss him so much. I know where he is now is so much better, but it doesnt change how much I miss him.

Matt Cappotellis death hit many people in the wrestling industry hard especially since he was widely considered to be a great person and no one had a bad thing to say about him. Furthermore, there were people back in 2006 who thought that he would have been a big star in WWE if he had not been dealt the bad hand in life with cancer.

Although he was never on the main roster, he had an effect on the lives of many in WWE and even Stephanie McMahon had some nice words to say about him on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/StephMcMahon/status/1012861000096321543

Recently during a PWInsider Elite audio update, Mike Johnson said that there has been some talk about Cappotelli getting the Warrior Award during next years WWE Hall Of Fame ceremony in New York City. It should be noted that these are not official discussions but there are people in the company who feel this way.

The Warrior Award is given to those who exhibited unwavering strength and perseverance, and who lives life with the courage and compassion that embodies the indomitable spirit of the Ultimate Warrior.

I couldnt think of a better person to honor than Matt Cappotelli. Many of his friends noted that he never complained and fought until the very end of his cancer battle. There is plenty of time for WWE to figure out who will get the honor next year so hopefully, this idea reaches Vince McMahon so he can consider it.

http://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/early-news-on-a-possible-inductee-for-the-2019-wwe-hall-of-fame/

Man, RIP, Condolences to his wife and family. And *Censored* Cancer.

His story was always so sad with me, considering I felt he was the most deserving to win Tough Enough all those years back and wanted to see him succeed in every way.

Archived