(Rumor) Lesnar is not working SummerSlam. Updated: Brock confirmed to work the event

Ziggy Vercetti

Despite reports from several outlets, Mike Johnson reported on the latest installment of PWInsider Elite Audio that Brock Lesnar is not working SummerSlam this year. Johnson speculated that Brock may not return to television until sometime later this year.

I am hearing Brock isnt working SummerSlam. We may not see Brock again until later in the year, which is madness if you think about the belt.

Johnson mentioned that WWE only has Brock signed for a couple more dates and that could be why hes not working the show.

It could be that they may only have a couple of dates left on Brock. If they want him more often then maybe they should sign him to some more dates, Johnson explained.

It will be interesting to see how WWE books their Universal Title picture and SummerSlam moving forward.

http://www.ringsidenews.com/2018/06/29/brock-lesnar-not-working-summerslam/

Usually enjoy seeing Brock in the ring, but this is ridiculous at this point if the report is true

Update

Brock Lesnar has been confirmed for next month's SummerSlam pay-per-view, according to Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer. His opponent for the show has not been confirmed.
It will be Lesnar's first match since defending his WWE Universal Championship against Roman Reigns at The Greatest Royal Rumble event in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia this past April. It will reportedly be the final match of Lesnar's current WWE contract and he is expected to face UFC Heavyweight Champion Daniel Cormier next year. Lesnar set up the future fight by shoving Cormier after his UFC Heavyweight Championship victory at UFC 226 this past Saturday. He had put himself back in the USADA drug-testing pool last Tuesday, making him eligible to fight again for the UFC after January 8, 2019.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's true at least AJ might main event with the WWE tit-lol

Unless John Laurinitis returns for a rematch with Cena.

Anyways...Not buying this.

But if it is true, they atleast should've gone with the "Solitaire" storyline properly.

Wonder if WWE really thinks Brock brings anything special to the product? Me personally i couldn't care about him at all anymore and since he has the main belt on RAW i really don't care about RAW anymore, on top of that im excited when hes the main event of a PPV cause it means i go to bed earlier.

I don't think anyone can blame Lesnar for taking a deal as sweet as this, I mean we'd all do it, let's be honest. The blame / error lies with WWE for caving in to the demands - what message does it send to every man and woman on that roster, that put in thousands of miles, and bust their humps night in and night out, that the only person deemed worthy of the purported biggest accolade in the company is only booked on four or five shows a year? (Personally the WWE title is still the one with the heritage and history)

Also, betting that Lesnar is planned to be Champion going into Mania again. I don't believe that the ultimate plan to crown Roman there has gone away - Unless they're doing it at Summerslam, which isn't exactly the same.

I don't think anyone can blame Lesnar for taking a deal as sweet as this, I mean we'd all do it, let's be honest. The blame / error lies with WWE for caving in to the demands - what message does it send to every man and woman on that roster, that put in thousands of miles, and bust their humps night in and night out, that the only person deemed worthy of the purported biggest accolade in the company is only booked on four or five shows a year? (Personally the WWE title is still the one with the heritage and history)

Also, betting that Lesnar is planned to be Champion going into Mania again. I don't believe that the ultimate plan to crown Roman there has gone away - Unless they're doing it at Summerslam, which isn't exactly the same.

I can blame Lesnar for being a lazy shit and putting on boring matches. I'm sure some people wouldn't mind him having limited appearances if the matches were actually good

I can blame Lesnar for being a lazy shit and putting on boring matches. I'm sure some people wouldn't mind him having limited appearances if the matches were actually good

You can, but you'd be missing the whole picture.

Archived