(Rumor) WWE Reportedly Pitches SummerSlam Match & Storyline to The Undertaker

Ziggy Vercetti

WWE has reportedly presented The Undertaker with a potential storyline and match for the SummerSlam pay-per-view in Brooklyn on August 19th, according to the @WrestleVotes Twitter account that has been reliable in breaking scoops over the past year or so.

The new report noted that Taker working Madison Square Garden on July 7th and the Super Show-Down event in Australia on October 6th should be a good sign for SummerSlam. Taker has been confirmed to face Triple H at the big SSD special on the WWE Network and he will team with Braun Strowman and Roman Reigns to face Elias, Baron Corbin and Kevin Owens at MSG.

No word yet on how those matches could tie-in to SummerSlam or who he might wrestle at SummerSlam but it was noted that the idea being pitched to Taker is something that he pushed for at one point.

Source LOP

Taker/Braun

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would get people watching. I'd just be down for some BOD killing a random team

No. This is bullshit.

This is the kind of shit that only happens today.

Back in the day, rising young stars cut their teeth on the guys who were current and prevalent; I don't give a soggy diarrhea shit about the BoD in 2018. I really hoped Taker would never turn into one of these guys, because I didn't want to force myself to hate him.

Meh, a team like the Ascension would get a massive rub from fighting them. Have them do some spooky shit like they used to and it can be the start of reviving them. Have them raise their arms with BOD after or something. Maybe Kane can manage them after

If you think Ascension even exist anymore, you're wrong. That team already died a slow and painful death. No one stands to gain anything from fighting Kane or Taker at this point. Both those dudes already had the sun set on them. Big Show and Henry were the only ones classy enough to go out with purpose (assuming that neither one randomly return). I have all the respect in the world for Show and Henry, for not being Kane and Taker. Once your appearances start being obligatory, you're finished. Taker lost the illusion of being this "demon", and turned into a regular dude...which would actually be awesome (if that was the angle they were spinning)...but it really isn't. Sometimes it is...and then sometimes they just act like Taker is still hot shit. And it doesn't work.

From the time that Bearer died...to the time that Taker already should have retired, they had the perfect Swan Song for that character. And they *censored*ing ruined it. There's nothing they could possibly do at this point to make that a cohesive story anymore. He already picked up a few more wins. If he defeated Punk, and then lost to Lesnar...it could have been argued that he used the last bit of his power to do so. Instead, we just have Mark Calaway the man, who keeps coming back to portray Taker. Which is fine...but not "kayfabe cool" in the least.

I agree with Gen

Taker needs to stop. This is coming from the guy that will see him live when they come to Australia, however I eye rolled at the announcement because its something I don't want to see anymore. The more I see Taker nowadays, the sadder it gets.

Yeah no thanks. Stay away please. I've no problem with him being at some special event like GRR or the Aussie show (given that they are basically just house shows with no real consequence), but stay away from Summerslam.

Meh, a team like the Ascension would get a massive rub from fighting them. Have them do some spooky shit like they used to and it can be the start of reviving them. Have them raise their arms with BOD after or something. Maybe Kane can manage them after

Yeah what a rub it would be to get squashed in two minutes. Erick Rowan became a massive star after his Wrestlemania match with The Rock.

Yeah what a rub it would be to get squashed in two minutes. Erick Rowan became a massive star after his Wrestlemania match with The Rock.

He said nothing about them being squashed. Why do you need to be a dick about everything?

He said nothing about them being squashed. Why do you need to be a dick about everything?

Indeed, if they were doing the NXT gimmick they wouldn't be squashed, they'd be competitive

Archived