Official Extreme Rules Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could see them making Strowman Vs Owens a cage match. I know they didn't announce the match, but it's obvious at this point that they will face off

Could be a cage match given all the times Owens tried to run away from Strowman and could also be a way to let Owens win without pinning Strowman, since the feud has been pretty much one sided

Grudge Match

Singles Match

Roman Reigns vs. Bobby Lashley

5TEpowa.png

United States Championship Match

Singles Match

Jeff Hardy © vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

xTZMmfA.png

Grudge Match

Singles Match

Finn Bálor vs. Constable Baron Corbin

finally some render backgrounds

I haven't been feeling any of WWE's events since WrestleMania 34. I don't know why, maybe it's a combination of the production and length of the shows now.

EDIT: NXT has delivered. The NXT shows are straight to the point with little to no filler.

Exactly. If you were and outsider who had never watched WWE or wrestling in general before, you'd think that the quality of the flagship shows would be better than that of the developmental/minor show, but clearly that is not the case.

I think my disdain towards WWE's mind boggling booking decisions has subsided a bit since I realised that I haven't been part of the target audience for many years. I mean, kids out there today probably think that whatever is going on between Lashley and Reigns is all the rage.

Sometimes I feel like WWE's main target audience aren't just kids like most people think - especially nowadays when you have a guy like Lesnar as the Universal Champion.

There's certain stars and storylines that are used that usually cater to a younger audience, I guess - like most recently, Nia Jax's storyline leading up to her Women's title win at WM. It was a cliché (and cringey/corny) ascension to the top with main focal point being that Nia was "bullied" by Alexa Bliss and that you can stand up to it and not let it dictate your success or w/e. I don't find much of WWE's current product to be child-like, but it's just ass-backwards a lot of times with storylines that don't make much sense or just simply fall flat in the end because of some stupid decision that takes place somewhere in between.

The wrestling is usually really solid at the very least, but I find it harder to get completely invested in to a lot of characters and storylines.

I see your points and I agree. I guess it really is down to bad booking then. I just wish they'd actually let us root for the superstars we like, and let the wrestlers have characters with subtleties instead of being like:

"This is Bobby Roode he says glorious a lot. Also since he is a face right now, he is happy to be here ."

I just wish characters could be a little more complex or interesting. I want consistency and character arcs.

On topic:

I think Seth vs Dolph will steal the show.

Archived