Official Extreme Rules Discussion Thread

Jmerc

Surprised people aren't shitting hard on this show. 8th lowest rated WWE PPV of all time on cagematch. That main event booking was laughable, surprised that match even was the main event, especially with a finish like that. Thought they'd be on the midcard having a great match and it turns out they put them on last and had a mediocre match.

That's why I like the crowd's reaction and the countdown-shit. Put a shit product, you deserve shit reactions. They should shit on the product harder. It's not like the WWE deserves an invested crowd.

Oh thank you. Thank you. I'm seeing it all over Twitter. People bitching about the crowd reaction in the main event. And in my mind I'm thinking, "I guarantee you that if at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn 4, they were to book Adam Cole and Ricochet for the North American championship in a 30-minute ironman match......that crowd would be hooked for the entire 30 minutes." Usually the best part of an ironman match is the final 10 minutes, but fans respect Cole and Ricochet enough and enjoy the NXT product enough to hang on to every second of the match.

Someone would try to hijack the show during that match and that crowd would have none of it. "CM Punk" chants during Bobby Roode and Hideo Itami last year? Chicago crowd shut that chant down quick. Someone had the balls to throw a beach ball around during Shayna Baszler and Nikki Cross a month ago? Somebody caught the ball and ripped it up to a huge ovation.

I'm sick to death of seeing people blaming crowds and sometimes I see it here. How many times does NXT have to book kickass shows before the main roster before these people get it through their heads that "hey, maybe the crowd is not to blame."

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A video has surfaced online of a brief conversation that Dolph Ziggler and Seth Rollins had about the crowd during their WWE Intercontinental Title Iron Man Match at Extreme Rules.

Once, WWE decided to remove the clock from inside of the arena to stop fans from counting down, which led to WWE putting it back up and you can hear Ziggler say something like “it’s worse than when the clock was up,” which led to Rollins appearing to say “That’s why they should have left it up”. Here is a clip:

Sourse: http://www.pwmania.com/video-of-what-dolph-ziggler-said-to-seth-rollins-in-the-ring-about-extreme-rules-crowd

Lmaooooo

As if you wouldn't defend the crowd if they were shitting on a Miz/Lesnar match...

Miz vs Lesnar vs Mahal vs......

I'm not sure there's a 4th guy Willows craps on, so a 3-way featuring those guys and you'd be on point there.

Ignore me using NXT as an example. Just go for the 'fan defending.' Of course.

I didn't pay a great deal of attention to this show...but I really didn't hate it or think it was bad. I was just too exhausted from work to watch very intently. There were some crazy spots...which definitely aren't enough to make a bad show good, but they were still there. Lashley eating floor was probably crazier than Owen's table spot.

I loved Nakamura winning the way he did. I'm still laughing about how nonchalantly he low-blowed Jeff and got the instant win...made even more hilarious by Orton stomping Jeff's dick for no good reason. Lmao. Worst segment/match/whatever that I remember seeing was the Nia match, which I fully expected. But again, the Rousey stuff was enough to make it at least entertaining. Woman is fast as hell, and a scary powerhouse the way she snatches bitches up.

Also, I love that Bo and Axel won the tag titles. Not digging the Matt and Bray alliance at all, and I have always supported Bo and Axel. I wish they had more serious roles...but I'm still glad they finally got something.

Asuka match was a non-event...but was pretty much what I expected. I didn't expect Ellsworth to be stuck upside down...and that was actually some funny shit. Asuka going to town on Ellsworth after the match also made the lack of anything resembling a proper title match seem less important. It was entertaining just seeing James eat shit.

So, yeah...the show was lacking as a wrestling card, but I found a few bits of it to be pretty amusing. And there were actually some interesting title changes that went down. So, I'm happy with that. No mind-blowing matches, but a solid bit of entertainment. I still need to watch the New Day/Sanity match (that was the only one I really wanted to see, tbh).

Also, the crowd were annoying as shit during the Ironman match. The countdown shit might have been funny or clever if they did it every minute or something...but they got to the point where they were doing it every 10 seconds, and sometimes not even on cue (I guess because they turned the timer off in the arena, as it were)...but that shit was obnoxious, and they can all blow me. I don't care about Ziggler or Seth very much...but it wasn't a bad match, and the crowd made it intolerable with their antics.

If I had any serious complaints, it would just be that the show felt like an episode of Raw. It might as well have been. But it also wasn't complete garbage...it just wasn't "good". It was entirely forgettable...but it definitely didn't piss me off, or even put me to sleep. It was okay. Just okay.

The WOR on this was great. And that Ironman match :lol: holy shit,this company is amazing. They managed to be a bad wrestling company without being entertaining. Didn't think that was possible

Now I wanna hear it.

By any chance, was Seth Rollins (the babyface) getting a big lead over Dolph Ziggler (the heel), only for Ziggler to come back from behind and take the lead one of the reasons? Cause that stood out for me big time.

The WOR on this was great. And that Ironman match :lol: holy shit,this company is amazing. They managed to be a bad wrestling company without being entertaining. Didn't think that was possible

Now I wanna hear it.

By any chance, was Seth Rollins (the babyface) getting a big lead over Dolph Ziggler (the heel), only for Ziggler to come back from behind and take the lead one of the reasons? Cause that stood out for me big time.

https://youtu.be/T-YWv75BDYg

Nah. It was more of the main-eventers-being-pinned-7-times-in-16-Minutes thing that got their heads boiling

I bet a lot of people would have no complaints about the obnoxious fans during the main event if it were Roman and Lashley competing in an Ironman match or something - regardless of how good or bad the match may actually be.

Lmao exactly. I shat on the fans about Lesnar vs Reigns at Mania and everyone was like 'ehr mah gehrd they paid for their tickets', now fans are obnoxious and meanies.

Surprised people aren't shitting hard on this show. 8th lowest rated WWE PPV of all time on cagematch. That main event booking was laughable, surprised that match even was the main event, especially with a finish like that. Thought they'd be on the midcard having a great match and it turns out they put them on last and had a mediocre match.

That's why I like the crowd's reaction and the countdown-shit. Put a shit product, you deserve shit reactions. They should shit on the product harder. It's not like the WWE deserves an invested crowd.

Eh, I would prefer if the arenas were empty. People knew what they were buying tickets for, why give them money and go to a show you dislike? Did people who bought tickets think this would be a great show?

Yes, genuinely think that's what people think. It's the hope that kills.

Plus, some might assume it's much better in real life than on tv. And I think ticket sales and attendance numbers have gone down anyway, so at this point those that still go are the most optimistic of fans.

All of this is one giant assumption. Someone should do an independent survey and ask these fans some questions.

I really liked the ending to the main-event. The chants were funny to me, and the match wasn't that good, but I'm glad Dolph retained the title and also main-evented the show with Seth. I like how Drew is being handled right now, he comes across as a big deal.

I thought Rusev vs. AJ was the match of the night. Asuka's match was the worst, and I couldn't care about the other matches.

I did not expect that finish for Reigns vs Lashley, but I'm expecting a triple threat at SummerSlam where Reigns finally wins the championship but Strowman cashes in afterwards... meh.

Speaking of Strowman, holy shit, from a kayfabe perspective, he's the worst human being on the roster right now, as far as I'm concerned. He's far from likable. I don't know what they're doing with him, but it's not very good.
The table spot was crazy, but it should have followed a good story or a good match, and it didn't. All these cool Owens' moments are surrounded by lackluster stories or feuds, like when he destroyed Vince McMahon in the ring or when he became Universal champion.

Speaking of Strowman, holy shit, from a kayfabe perspective, he's the worst human being on the roster right now, as far as I'm concerned. He's far from likable. I don't know what they're doing with him, but it's not very good.

Funny thing is, Braun has always been a piece of shit when it comes to kayfabe.

He straight-up tried to murder Roman Reigns for months. He's doing the same thing to Owens...but somehow, Owens (a heel) is more genuine and relatable than Roman is. Owens has even gone as far as trying to be respectful and friendly to Braun. Basically, Braun hasn't changed...but Owens is more of a victim than Reigns ever could be, despite being considered a "bad guy". :lol:

Ok, watched this morning before work. Show was....meh, but B TEAM ARE THE CHAMPIONS YOOOOOOOO, I marked so hard! Not only are Hardy and Wyatts lame asses away from the gold, but Bo Dallas FINALLY got himself a title!! BOLIEVE!

I was sorta confused by that encounter between Bray and Bo early on in the match, it was as if there was kayfabe history between them, but there's nothing to go on except the fact that they're really brothers.

It could be wwe testing the waters for a possible program between the two in the near future, at least that's what I got out of it.

Oh, and the Shinsuke match was cool too. I mean, it wasn't exactly what you'd want out of most matches, but I thought the twist was pretty good and unexpected. Would be a shame to learn Jeff got high again before the match or sth. :hqhq:

Funny thing is, Braun has always been a piece of shit when it comes to kayfabe.

He straight-up tried to murder Roman Reigns for months. He's doing the same thing to Owens...but somehow, Owens (a heel) is more genuine and relatable than Roman is. Owens has even gone as far as trying to be respectful and friendly to Braun. Basically, Braun hasn't changed...but Owens is more of a victim than Reigns ever could be, despite being considered a "bad guy". :lol:

I don't know what to think anymore. He continues to be the absolute worst as a person, but gets cheered in the process, so what do I know. :lol:

Now I wanna hear it.

Nah. It was more of the main-eventers-being-pinned-7-times-in-16-Minutes thing that got their heads boiling

If it had been a best two out of three falls match it would've been over in 8 minutes :lol:

Now I wanna hear it.

If it had been a best two out of three falls match it would've been over in 8 minutes :lol:

Yikes. When you put it like that. :XD:

They need to scrap this stupid PPV & gimmick now. What matches are going to end up being extreme? Its just gonna feel so forced and unnecessary. I dont think Brock is gonna be on it and the WWE title match is a regular singles match. So just a few undercard matches? No thanks.

Btw, Im not saying I want the whole card to be extreme but Im just so tired of the gimmick PPVs. Especially when we just had a ladder themed PPV.

Ok, watched this morning before work. Show was....meh, but B TEAM ARE THE CHAMPIONS YOOOOOOOO, I marked so hard! Not only are Hardy and Wyatts lame asses away from the gold, but Bo Dallas FINALLY got himself a title!! BOLIEVE!

I was sorta confused by that encounter between Bray and Bo early on in the match, it was as if there was kayfabe history between them, but there's nothing to go on except the fact that they're really brothers.

It could be wwe testing the waters for a possible program between the two in the near future, at least that's what I got out of it.

I think it was just that little nod towards them being brothers. Only interaction I remember between them was on NXT, but that was like 5 years ago now. It's a shame they didn't just go at it for a bit. WWE is super guilty of this when booking matches. They have a staredown between two guy the crowd wants to see fight, the heel tags out, and it's never actually revisited later. They did the same with McIntyre and Strowman a month ago. It's great if you're saving the brawl for later in the match, but all Bo & Bray did together really was Bray hot tagging in and taking Bo out.

- B-Team vs Bray & Matt was an okay match, cool that B-Team won the titles. I like the team of Matt and Bray but they've been pretty meh lately.

- Finn vs Baron was a pretty good match, nothing special though. Liked Finn's attire though.

- Carmella defeats Asuka again, cool. Match wasn't good, then again I hate anything to do with Ellsworth so maybe I'm just biased.

- Speaking of being biased, holy *censored* did Jeff vs Shinsuke put me in a salty mood. Even if I wasn't biased, I actually wanted to see this match. But I read a few comments saying Jeff has some injuries or something, so if that's the case then I'm fine with how it went down.

- Braun vs Kevin was fairly good and that ending, *censored*! Seems like Owens has a death wish or something with all these crazy spots he's been in.

- BB vs Team Hell No was alright, glad BB retained.

- Gave Roman vs "Bob" a chance but I didn't care about this match at all and zoned out.

- Alexa vs Nia was a pretty garbage match. Ronada's bit was good though.

- AJ Styles vs Rusev was a fairly good match, MOTN for me but that's not saying much.

- Dolph vs Seth... *sigh*. A lot of people seem to hate Dolph, which I totally understand, but I still somewhat like him and was expecting this match to be MOTN. However, it was fairly mediocre and I had to watch most of it on mute. I'm a fan of the Iron Man stipulation but now I never wanna see it again if that's the type of *censored*ing BS I have to look forward to. And OMG, sudden death? So crazy! And Dolph just wins straight away? Okay, cool.

So yeah, this PPV was pretty bad and for a PPV called "Extreme Rules", it didn't feel very extreme. Felt more like an okay episode of RAW with guest appearances from SmackDown, which wasn't hard with it having the same color scheme... ya'know, red.

Archived