Official Extreme Rules Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Charlotte is the problem, it's the way WWE writes majority of their babyfaces to be portrayed.

I don't think so. It's not so much what she says or how she's booked, she just exudes this pretentious, superiority complex. I don't think she actually is judging by her out of character stuff on social media, but every time she's on screen, I just think "man, what a bitch". Works wonders when she's a heel, but really doesn't help her as a face.

Chickenshit heels are so passé.

And like I said before, Carmella comes off as more and more of a carbon copy of what Alexa Bliss has been on RAW over the past year or so. The way in which they cut promos and such is similar to, but Alexa is a lot more convincing and entertaining.

The biggest flaw in Bliss' character is the fact that she's a chickenshit heel (or at least I think she's supposed to be), yet she's beaten the likes of Sasha, Bayley, and Mickie clean as a whistle on multiple occasions - and none of the babyfaces have benefited at all from feuding with Alexa.

I enjoy her as the ultimate chickenshit heel who cuts every corner to win. I think shes done pretty good so far. She def got better at her promos too

A chichkenshit heel shouldn't beat people clean.

She hasnt really beaten anyone clean. She cashed in on a beat up Charlotte, Charlotte was hurt in their second match and Asuka had Ellsworth interference.

She shouldn't be champion, either. I don't dislike her, though...but she doesn't make me care about the Women's division as much, especially with the amount of talent around her who I find more enjoyable to watch.

But she's money, don't you know? Lolol she's a huge draw!

I enjoy her as the ultimate chickenshit heel who cuts every corner to win. I think shes done pretty good so far. She def got better at her promos too

A chichkenshit heel shouldn't beat people clean.
She hasnt really beaten anyone clean. She cashed in on a beat up Charlotte, Charlotte was hurt in their second match and Asuka had Ellsworth interference.

The Backlash win was pretty clean to me. She attacked her opponent's weakness and then scored a pin. That's what you do in a match, right?

And yeah, her MITB win wasn't clean by any means -- but at the same time, it felt like Asuka only lost because she was booked to be a dummy who couldn't comprehend that someone can actually dress up like her. So as a result of that idiotic booking decision plus the fact that Asuka sold most of the match, Carmella came out looking way more competent than she really should.

I don't think Carmella is bad at all, but compared to the other women on the SDLive roster, she's right at the bottom for me -- but, that isn't her fault. Like I've said before, the amount of talent WWE has in its entire Women's division nowadays is crazy. I'm strictly talking skill-wise, though. Character-wise, I think she's better than most right now. I think that's the one thing that matters most when it comes to being champion. My only issue with Carmella's character in particular is that it's so, so similar to how Alexa's is portrayed; and it wouldn't be as bad if they both weren't Women's champions right now, lol.

Like I've said before, the amount of talent WWE has in its entire Women's division nowadays is crazy. I'm strictly talking skill-wise, though.

Bit of an overstatement. Compared to what they used to have yeah, but I don't see any of the women setting the world on fire.

Carmella is at the right place at the wrong time. Like, I enjoy her as champion, but I can't fathom why Asuka isn't champion right now instead. Best thing that could have happened was Carmella cashing in on the RAW champion at WrestleMania, because her going over Asuka and Charlotte feels...weird.

The only thing I see wrong with Carmella is that she never really talks about the title and I mean yeah she holds it up but its more about her. At least with Alexa Bliss character, her motivation was always the title first. I dont know where Carmella goes after losing the title, the reason Alexa can be thrown right back into the title picture is because she believes the title is hers only.

Stipulation Match Rumoured for ER

The PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh, PA is currently advertising Braun Strowman vs. Kevin Owens in a Steel Cage match and Seth Rollins vs. WWE Intercontinental Champion Dolph Ziggler for the July 15th WWE Extreme Rules pay-per-view.

We noted before that RAW General Manager Kurt Angle has nixed the multi-man match to crown a new #1 contender to WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar, due to the storyline (or not) of Lesnar and Paul Heyman having "contract negotiation issues" with the company. Bobby Lashley and Roman Reigns had been announced for that match. It should be noted that the PPG Paints Arena has the match advertised as an Extreme Rules Six-Pack Challenge with Reigns, Lashley, Finn Balor and three other Superstars TBA.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0626/642219/big-cage-match-at-wwe-extreme-rules/

They need to scrap this stupid PPV & gimmick now. What matches are going to end up being extreme? Its just gonna feel so forced and unnecessary. I dont think Brock is gonna be on it and the WWE title match is a regular singles match. So just a few undercard matches? No thanks.

Btw, Im not saying I want the whole card to be extreme but Im just so tired of the gimmick PPVs. Especially when we just had a ladder themed PPV.

They need to scrap this stupid PPV & gimmick now. What matches are going to end up being extreme? Its just gonna feel so forced and unnecessary. I dont think Brock is gonna be on it and the WWE title match is a regular singles match. So just a few undercard matches? No thanks.

Why can't the WWE championship get a stipulation between now and the event?

Same. Like half the Hell in a Cell matches nowadays don't even have a strong enough rivalry that warrants the stipulation, or at least not compared to have personal rivalries and feuds were back in the day that involved a Hell in a Cell match.

TLC, Extreme Rules, and Tables matches are something we should be getting like every once in a while - not every year.

Archived