CAWs.ws
Facebook Twitter YouTube RSS Feed

I found how some people steal other people's caws online.

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 MrMorbid81

MrMorbid81

Opener

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:33 PM

^I like this option, yeah. Anything would be better than what's being allowed to happen for now. 

#62 KingKhan18

KingKhan18

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Gamertag: UntouchedKhan51

Posted 29 June 2018 - 11:33 PM

I mean just be flattered and move on lmao It's just a game.

You're telling people to be flattered over getting their work stolen? While it's just a game, people still put in a lot of effort into CAWs, and when some random guy takes a CAW and claims it as his own, that's plagiarism.

#63 WWEADDICT4LIFE

WWEADDICT4LIFE

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 893 posts
  • Gamertag: WWEADDICT4LIFE
  • Twitter: WWE2KAttiresXB1

Posted 30 June 2018 - 08:53 AM

this is a great idea this needs to happen

It could only help if 2k had a Private Uploading option that way Caw makers can upload to one of their friends when working on a collaboration together. Then the Caw can be sent back and forth between everyone involved 1 at a time until they're ready to release it to the public. 

A Request email box where Caw makers would receive requests from people who downloaded their caws to allow them to use the logos on said caw for other creations in their own game. 

If the maker says no then they can still edit it but those logos would be protected as I previously posted in this thread, and could only be deleted to be replaced with something else in their game.  

#64 nba2kfanman

nba2kfanman

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,354 posts
  • SEN (PS3): nba2kfanman

Posted 01 July 2018 - 10:37 AM

2k needs to really stop this. Downloads should credited to the original creater even if someone does steal. It sucks, it's going on for years and 2k has not adressed the issue.

#65 nba2kfanman

nba2kfanman

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,354 posts
  • SEN (PS3): nba2kfanman

Posted 01 July 2018 - 10:37 AM

Double post please delete

Edited by nba2kfanman, 01 July 2018 - 10:39 AM.

#66 Foldy619

Foldy619

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 708 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Foldy619
  • Twitter: Djfoldy69

Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:40 PM

Feel your pain! I had a title design stolen, I had it set to not be re-uploadable yet this guy and a few others were able to do it! But this one really pi$$ed me off the most as he got over 2k downloads off my design! I reported it, and 2k took it down, but a week later I checked and it was back up again!😪😤

PS_Messages_20180620_145640.jpg

Edited by Foldy619, 06 July 2018 - 09:42 PM.

#67 Niffan

Niffan

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,200 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Niffan16
  • Steam ID: Niffan

Posted 07 July 2018 - 07:14 AM

Another suggestion for watermarking would be to make a body tattoo with zero transparency with your signature or something.

I would imagine that many caw thieves wouldn't bother removing such a thing.

#68 gazwefc

gazwefc

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,792 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 05:32 PM

This only affects attires and logos right? So its a problem for masked caws but they cant steal caws with a face texture and morph, theyd have to re-create that from scratch which hopefuly wouldnt be as good as the original?

#69 Pentagon Jr.

Pentagon Jr.

Opener

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 07:56 PM

No Bhangras War Raiders also got stealen and looks 100% the same

#70 denyes11

denyes11

New Talent

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • SEN (PS3): denyes11

Posted 22 July 2018 - 11:42 PM

I know I'm really late but I've actually come up with a decent idea for this type of situation. As a creator myself, I understand how all that work on textures and trial and error, just to be stolen, feels.

Therefore, let's say someone decided to use my logos, face textures, etc. If and only if they decided to create a CAW with my logos or chose re-upload my caws, in the INFO section of the download menu, there could be a banner displaying something like : LOGOS created by (insert my username here). This way people would know who actually made the logos and who to credit.

#71 WCW/NWO 4Life

WCW/NWO 4Life

Original People's Champion

• Members
  • 11,658 posts
  • SEN (PS3): DaArtist1239 (PS4)

Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:14 PM

I could see that working.