Do you think CM PUNK will ever be in the HOF?

abhunter

Do you think CM PUNK will ever be in the HOF? With all that has happened between the company and him, do you think punk has earned it? Has he made a lasting impact in wrestling? Do you think his career was hall of fame worthy?

I know there are others who havent had stellar careers that are in the hof, but do you think CM Punk really had a lasting impact on wrestling? Like will we be talking about punk and his time with the company in 10 years like we do all the main eventers from the AE or even the ruthless aggression era? Debate below.

I think it depends on if he wants to and how long HHH holds his grudge. Would never blame Punk if he refuses to ever go in the WWE HoF. They fired him on his wedding day...

no they didn't fire him on his wedding day he got the notice that he was fired on his wedding day doesn't mean they waited exactly 4 his wedding himthat's just what happened to ended up on his wedding day when he found out coincidence pretty sure they fired him as soon as he walked out like any other job

I think it depends on if he wants to and how long HHH holds his grudge. Would never blame Punk if he refuses to ever go in the WWE HoF. They fired him on his wedding day...

People really overstate that, Punk had quit months before and I do believe the coincidence

no they didn't fire him on his wedding day he got the notice that he was fired on his wedding day doesn't mean they waited exactly 4 his wedding himthat's just what happened to ended up on his wedding day when he found out coincidence pretty sure they fired him as soon as he walked out like any other job

People really overstate that, Punk had quit months before and I do believe the coincidence

Match made in heaven <3

AJ Lee probably gets in before him but I think he'll eventually accept the honor. His hard work deserves the recognition despite the way things ended there.

Well punk is a former pro wrestler, weather he likes it or not, nobody will let him forget it. He needs to accept that fact and he doesnt. He was one of the most popular pro wrestlers of his generation. He also is not taken seriously by the mma crowd due to him not being one of the wrestlers who could actually survive in mma (and they know which ones can and have mentioned Angle, Lesnar, Swagger, Ziggler & Gable by name..)

Wtf, I don't recall CM Punk ever being in denial of the fact that he's a former pro-wrestler. He just seemingly lost all passion and interest in the sport, as well as the drive and motivation to ever return. That doesn't mean he's trying to push it away and forget he was ever a wrestler.

I dont think he has come to terms with the fact that he is a former VERY popular pro wrestler when he never did anything else other than wrestling. He doesnt have any sort of MMa background or anything, He did not start out in king of the cage and get some experience, to me, it felt like he was hurt and angry and wanted to join UFC to get back at vince and Dana has buyers remorse. As his first fight proved he isnt a cage fighter, as Cornette said, he is buit for show not for go, like they are. Remember Brawl For All. If Punk was actually serious about cage fighting he would have started out in say Bellator or Kong of the Cage and worked his way up instead of being thrown into the deep end and floundering and sinking.

Punk would be the type of guy to turn it down.

I'm saying that WWE definitely will offer it at some point...but Punk might flat out say no. Maybe 10 or 15 years from now, Punk will have mellowed out, and will have a cooler head about pro wrestling again. Maybe he'll have kids with AJ, and want to pull a Goldberg. Who knows. I definitely think the offer will be made, though. There's no one denying what Punk brought to the WWE. He practically formed a new era the same way Hogan or Austin did. He knows that. The WWE brass knows that, and the fans know that. That knowledge isn't going away. So...the offer will always be there. I'd like to think that he would accept it for the fans' sake. But he's a strange cat.

After this UFC fight, I think we will see punk again come back to the ring, as he eally has no place in the octagon, as he is not a MMA fighter, he is a pro wrestler as I said before. He needs to choke on whatever pride he has and just accept reality and comeback to some promotion as reality hit him in the ass again, and this time he was taken to the hospital.

Jesus, that post was hard to read. Why does he need to come back to wrestling? Can't a person just be happy with their live without someone trying to get them back to being miserable? The dude has made enough money to live a good life without every working again. He doesn't need to do anything.

Archived