Assassin's Creed Series (Odyssey)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on my first play through but only because there are more side quests, things/places to complete and free roam than usual. I still need to get the Curse of the Pharaohs dlc.

Origins is definetly my favorite in the franchise and that's saying something. I'd rank the main games as..

Origins

IV: Black Flag

II

III

Revelations

Brotherhood

Syndicate

Rogue

Unity

First Game

I'm on my first play through but only because there are more side quests, things/places to complete and free roam than usual. I still need to get the Curse of the Pharaohs dlc.

Origins is definetly my favorite in the franchise and that's saying something. I'd rank the main games as..

Origins

IV: Black Flag

II

III

Revelations

Brotherhood

Syndicate

Rogue

Unity

First Game

its great. and, LOOOOOOONG. it sure wont take ya 3hrs like a lot of DLC storys are. Curse took me at least a whole week.

AC just pumps out too much content. It's a series that I still enjoy playing from time to time...but it's also at the point where the most important games in the franchise just get buried under spin-offs. I feel like Origins is still plenty fresh, and they're already making another one. I still haven't played Origins for the exact reason that I have too many (non AC) games to play. Hell, I still never played Unity, Rogue, or Syndicate. And it doesn't help that Ubisoft are saturating their own market like this. Who has time to play all of this? Even if I was sitting at home 24/7 doing nothing but playing video games, I would still need to choose from a stack of about 15 unplayed games at this point.

A year is enough time for me but would prefer new games every 2 or 3 years like other franchises than becoming a yearly release. I understand for sport games and some shooters but AC shouldn't be like that.

Would also be nice if they slow the *Censored* down with all the spin off mobile and console arcade titles.

Didnt finish Origins because Far Cry 5 and God of War. I just ended up turning it in to Gamestop because I couldnt see myself continuing to play it. Pretty sure I was almost done too. Oh well.

I really was hoping the WW2 rumor was true because as much of a breath of fresh air as Origins was, it wasnt enough for me. I never really was a big fan of like ancient themes. Like I would love a modernized AC but thats basically Watch Dogs so I dont know. Point is, I will be just as hesitant to get this as I was for Origins.

I've always been mixed on the modern elements to the franchise and Desmond's stuff even though the concept is interesting. After II, I was certain that the series was leading to a full on Miles game set in the present.

I wouldn't have minded a game like that as a spin off after Revelations..had Desmond lived

I really wish they kept going with Bayek but I mean it looks good. I didn't like Black Flag as much because of the amount of ship/sea travel but being able to play as a female is part of what made Syndicate different and fun so I might like this one after all. Because it's Greece, the environment looks really similar to Origins which is why I think they might as well just kept going with Bayek and Aya for this game but oh well.

Interactive dialogue, jesus, this really is an RPG :lol:

That being said it looks beautiful

AC just pumps out too much content. It's a series that I still enjoy playing from time to time...but it's also at the point where the most important games in the franchise just get buried under spin-offs. I feel like Origins is still plenty fresh, and they're already making another one. I still haven't played Origins for the exact reason that I have too many (non AC) games to play. Hell, I still never played Unity, Rogue, or Syndicate. And it doesn't help that Ubisoft are saturating their own market like this. Who has time to play all of this? Even if I was sitting at home 24/7 doing nothing but playing video games, I would still need to choose from a stack of about 15 unplayed games at this point.

i hope you do eventually get a copy of Origins. i think you'll enjoy the hell out of it.

Now that this game is an RPG, how will you play it and do romances? The developers say that our choice of actions really matter and will change story development. We can mold our chosen characters into different paths of personalities and romance how we want to.

I liked being seen as a hero/protector by many as Bayek but I'll probably be an anti hero with Alexios in comparison

i hope you do eventually get a copy of Origins. i think you'll enjoy the hell out of it.

Oh, I definitely am. I always planned on it.

In fact, I'll play all the other Creed games eventually as well. It's just the kind of thing that I really need to be in the mood for. I'm kind of the same with the Lego games. I find them very easy to get burnt out on. But sometimes I'm just like "now is the time". AC has always been one of those franchises for me. I loved Black Flag...so much that I 1000G'd it.

Origins and Odyssey both look great to me. Just need to be in the mood to play them. I also knew from the start that I didn't want to pay full price for Origins...so I was waiting for it to drop to $20 or something. I've seen it at $30 a few times...but I want a physical copy, and I would still like to pay less than that, tbh.

Odyssey is looking good. Loved Origins from what I played, which isn't too much tbh. Need to get back into it soon.

Wasn't expecting a new game this year. I was thinking Assassins Creed and Watch_Dogs would swap with each other so there was a two year gap between entries for both series.

Archived