Fallout 76

SproilerBlotch

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats two games theyve talked about before E3.. Either they want to get it over with (doubtful) or their press conference is going to be packed full (hopefully).. man I cant wait for E3.

Really don't know how you could draw parallels to Blood Dragon, or think it's going to be a shooter from that trailer. It was just a pre-rendered video of the inside of a vault. The gameplay could literally be anything.

They've given us nothing to go on, other than the fact that it focuses on Vault 76. A cgi teaser trailer is really nothing to draw any conclusions from.

The outdoor hat, hiking pack, compass, etc. make me think it's set somewhere in the mountains (also the choice of 'Country Road Take me Home' as the song. Apparently there was a party in celebration of it being "reclamation day", which is presumably the day when the vault dwellers head to the surface to take back the land(?). Getting some Bioshock vibes from it (celebration has clearly happened...but no one is there). That's about it. Can't really place any guesses on what type of game this will be. And it appears to be October 27th 2102...so, right around Halloween.

Releasing the teaser before E3 is smart because it makes me want to see Bethesda's conference even more and get more hyped when they start talking about this game.

If this game is online as speculated, I wonder if we can chose a faction such as vault dweller, brotherhood of steel or raider and then either play PvE or PvP

It would be awesome to play online with a buddy (Ernez) and explore the waistland together, but I've always wondered how VATS would work in a multiplayer game. If you go into VATS and are about to shoot something and your friend is about to shoot the same thing would it slow down for them? of if you chose your friend as a target what would happen in there game?

Really don't know how you could draw parallels to Blood Dragon, or think it's going to be a shooter from that trailer. It was just a pre-rendered video of the inside of a vault. The gameplay could literally be anything.

They've given us nothing to go on, other than the fact that it focuses on Vault 76. A cgi teaser trailer is really nothing to draw any conclusions from.

The outdoor hat, hiking pack, compass, etc. make me think it's set somewhere in the mountains (also the choice of 'Country Road Take me Home' as the song. Apparently there was a party in celebration of it being "reclamation day", which is presumably the day when the vault dwellers head to the surface to take back the land(?). Getting some Bioshock vibes from it (celebration has clearly happened...but no one is there). That's about it. Can't really place any guesses on what type of game this will be. And it appears to be October 27th 2102...so, right around Halloween.

I made the connection as it's going to be Fallout game by name but had nothing to do with the other games ever like it's a different genre and feel of it it won't be what you're used to in a Fallout game basically just like Far Cry was in blood dragon I never felt like a Far Cry game to me

Know if it's heavy online I can see it being something like State of Decay 2 where you find players and help rebuild Society and survive so basically taking a multiplayer aspect added the settlement building from 4

But I don't think it's going to be the next main Fallout game like Fallout 3 or 4 was but like someone else is going to be like a one-off title like New Vegas

But also looks like where it's the human to venture all the out of the the boss so I'm expecting at least enemies to be a lot more mutated creatures

I would play an online Fallout if it's close-knit.

Like...I'm currently enjoying playing State of Decay 2 online with friends. Because it's just a small handful of people, and the goal is straight forward. I wouldn't want an MMO or anything like that, though. Give me Fallout online with a small group of other vault-dwellers with the singular goal of expanding the area of reclaimed land or something...and I'm all for that. Hell...just copy and paste the State of Decay formula for Fallout and I'm on board.

Despite rumors, I'm just going to assume this is a usual single player rpg until I hear and watch what it's all about at E3.

If it does turn out to be an online game, I'll form an opinion after I watch gameplay videos and read an article with highlighted info instead of shutting the idea of it just because of the concept of online or type of online game

Some "sources" are claiming it's an online survival rpg heavily inspired by DayZ and Rust while others are claiming it's driven towards creations and base building with online components. Few others are saying it's still a single player rpg.

Vault 76 was referenced in Fallout 3 and 4!

The Vault-Tec terminal in the Citadel lists Vault 76 as a control vault, with 500 occupants. The vault was designed to open 20 years after a nuclear war, and was among the seventeen known control vaults, meaning that it was used as a baseline to compare to experimental vaults. It is also mentioned in one of the alien captive recorded logs (no.13) recorded by Giles Wolstencroft, a Vault-Tec official who was abducted while inspecting the vaults construction site. In Fallout 4, the newsreader in the prologue mentions Vault 76 debuting in 2076 in honor of Americas tercentenary when discussing Vault-Tecs plans to expand.

Archived