Sounds like Roseanne got her show cancelled...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the season. Rehab for that would be temporarily while the spin off may want to go for multiple seasons.

Not really they could say she's at rehab and never mentioned again it's not like it's never been done in any other series

So, you expect that a family would just never discuss their matriarch being in rehab? Likely story.

Honestly, the best way to write her off, would be to have the Roseanne character be a terrible person on the show as well. Have her just walk out, due to her political ideals. Say that she walked out on her family because she didn't agree with their support of immigrants or something. It's a real situation that's occurring between actual families at this point...so it's plenty believable.

Dan goes to get a beer from the fridge, there's a note there that says "I can't be around you people, blah, blah, blah"...easy enough.

I don't think it would be beliavable for the show and that familly though. The whole point is that they can go through whatever it's thrown at them, from political, economical situations, differences in thinking about society issuses (racism in this season, but also when Becky wanted to be a surrogat, and hell even the small point in that kid wearing girls clothes).

So her leaving the familly on some shit at this point and at her age, is really not believable.

Plenty of families that "can go through anything" have been disrupted by politics in 2018...so, I disagree. The current political layout is a cancer. I think that's easily the most believable path to take (and one that properly shames Roseanne herself, as is deserved). And it could be open-ended anyway. Maybe the note on the fridge would be too much...but you could have Dan sitting on the couch, looking pissed, and Darlene asks where mom is, and Dan says "your mother left"...explains that they had an argument, etc. That way, she's could return at any time, but just never does. The family would stick together and support each other...which is why you'd have The Conners spinoff to begin with. But Roseanne would get the treatment she deserves. That character deserves to be turned into a self-centered abandoner, IMO. She doesn't deserve to pass away peacefully or go to rehab with a problem. She is the problem. The show needs to address that if it wants to stay true to itself.

I get your point really, and I don't dissagree, about how it can affect famillies and so on.

But I just think that it wouldn't made that much sense for that specifical familly. And that it wouldn't be that good of a writting move.

Because that sounds excatly like when a show loses it's main character for whatever the reason, and they scramble something just to keep the show going. And it rarely goes well.

Besides, they don't really have to shame her though, this is enough, it would be beating a dead horse. She did the shaming by herself.

Also, outside of John Goodman (a strong maybe with Laurie Metcalf), doubt that they could carry the weight of the show by themselves.

Well...the show is going to continue, so they already do need to scramble for a reason to remove Roseanne. At this point, that's just how things are. It sounds like you're still saying they shouldn't do a spinoff at all...but they already are. Hence, I still think my scenario would be the best way. And I'm not saying that the show needs to intentionally shame Roseanne...I'm just saying, her write-off shoudn't do her any favors. The family shouldn't be remembering her in a positive light. Art should imitate life, and the show should be about how that family is strong enough without Roseanne dictating everything they do.

Also, I do think the spinoff will be fine without Roseanne. People genuinely love Dan and Jackie...and the other new characters are honestly decent as well. Roseanne's role was basically just "why are you doing *insert thing here* are you stupid?"...that was her character in a nutshell. Dan is capable of picking up that slack.

I watched the season. Rehab for that would be temporarily while the spin off may want to go for multiple seasons.

Not really they could say she's at rehab and never mentioned again it's not like it's never been done in any other series

So, you expect that a family would just never discuss their matriarch being in rehab? Likely story.

Honestly, the best way to write her off, would be to have the Roseanne character be a terrible person on the show as well. Have her just walk out, due to her political ideals. Say that she walked out on her family because she didn't agree with their support of immigrants or something. It's a real situation that's occurring between actual families at this point...so it's plenty believable.

Dan goes to get a beer from the fridge, there's a note there that says "I can't be around you people, blah, blah, blah"...easy enough.

They can always mention her but never show her kind of like how Fuller house does the Olsen twins or Hawaii Five-O did when two of their main cast left

But now I don't think a spin-off will last that long I honestly don't think that the cast is Strong Enough by themselves tell the whole reason people watch the show was for Roseanne and how she would react to social culture at the time I'm saying the spin off maybe 1 Season 2 Season at the max

And no gen idea wouldn't work ethier

She should have just apologized without adding that she ain't stupid and never would call a black person a monkey..when was stupid enough to tweet where she basically called someone being a product of an ape from a movie franchise where intelligent apes are hostile.

Makes her look just sorry now that her career is over

She lost me when she specifically mentioned that she "lost everything".

Not that I was really feeling bad for her to begin with, but as soon as she said that, I was like "Yeah...okay, you just feel sorry for yourself". I bet she is sad that she lost a pretty awesome contract...and I bet she is sad that people are sending her hate mail and treating her like shit. But she deserves all of that. At no point in the audio that I personally heard, did she ever fully apologize for risking the careers of her fellow cast members...which is the most important thing, tbh.

I'm pretty sure within few weeks she'll get signed for something. Or she'll probably bitch about how Hollywood is for the liberals and are prejudiced against the right, which would be ironic given what happened during the McCarthy era.

People petitioned to have Roseanne Barr fired and now apparently there are new ones that are petitioning for ABC not to air the spin-off and to hire Roseanne Barr because she was the star and they don't see her being a Trump supporter as a bad thing and that she was simply joking.

What a mess. I don't think she should have tweeted that joke but don't know what to think about her being fired and her career going down or some people wanting her back for political reasons.

I'm just a fan of the show and want more episodes, with or without her as I like the Connor family

If people are petitioning not to air the new show, they're just wrong. That's all there is to say about it.

Maybe you don't agree that Roseanne should have been fired for what she said...but to petition against the new show, you're acknowledging that you want all of those other people to be out of work as well.

95% of the cast did nothing wrong, and do not deserve to be out of work.

You aren't going to petition and successfully bring Roseanne back. So, all that's left to do is cancel the show entirely. And if you're petitioning for that...then you're just a moron with nothing better to do. Don't watch the new show. Move on with your life.

I feel like that's an underlying attribute of the right-wing...(being unable to ignore things that don't affect them/being unable to just move on with their lives). Whether it's gay rights, saying Christmas instead of "holiday", or complaining to boycott the Roseanne reboot...it's always some shit that has exactly 0% of an effect on their lives...and exists just for sake of ruining good things for other people.

Archived