Official NXT Takeover: Chicago Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it could most likely be EC3, but I don't want it to nor do I think it will be for a few reasons;

1). EC3 has yet to have a regular singles match at a Takeover show (which isn't too much of a big deal), nor has he racked up a single notable victory against anyone that's formidable and established...but that's not to say it can't happen any time between now and Takoever. But aside from Lars, I don't really know if there's anyone worthy he can beat to become N1C.

2). I can't see EC3 getting a NXT title shot THIS quickly unless he actually wins the belt - and if he were to actually win, that would just result in Black being a transitional champion, which I think would be *censored*ing stupid (not to mention the fact that it would be his first loss as well). And with the way EC3 and Black's characters are -- no matter who wins or loses -- I think it will hurt the other a lot.

One of the other reasons why I'm more sold on Lars going after the title is because I'm pretty sure he was slated to fight for the NXT title at one point before he took that short break at the beginning of the year. I could be wrong.

Oh shit, didn't realize lol.

It's hard to guess who may take the title off Black eventually. I highly doubt whoever faces Black at this show will win the title. I'd really like to see Black lose the belt in a FFW or a Six-Pack match, so that way he won't have to be the guy to eat the pin and he'll still be undefeated in singles matches.

Takeover always goes overtime anyway, that's why I feel they should just officially be 3 hrs long.

Or perhaps start showing matches on the preshow. Trust me, I've been there for the following week's taping before Takeover, they only take about half an hour/40 mins to tape. They could easily do another match for the preshow.

I don't think TakeOver's should "officially" go to any timeframe. It's their own network, it should be as long as they want to be and if they officially say it's something then they have to work around it.

If they want to have six matches and have the show go over it's average of 2hrs30 then they should just do it.

I don't know why, but I'm nowhere near as excited for Ciampa vs. Gargano as I think I should be. I'm looking forward to Ricochet vs. Dream more than anything else. Despite the weird match-up, I think Lars vs. Black will be surprisingly good; or at least a lot better than what many fans are probably anticipating. I could give two *censored*s about Bazler vs. Cross, as I'm not too big on either of them. UE vs. Oney and Burch should be pretty fun.

Archived