Basketball Thread

PaperThinWalls

But the trades he had the Cavs make didn't help them in the long run. They won like what, one title? The Heat at least won two or three titles.

The Lakers should just focus on next year, get stuff ready. Get AD, stay away from Melo, and try to get Klay.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lakers aren't getting AD or Klay, seems like the whole league is in on not helping the Lakers be a powerhouse team again. And probably 90% of the teams in the league would give up everything to have had Lebron come to them, stir shit up, and win JUST one championship, hell the Lakers are willing to do that right now. The Cavs would have never, EVER been a title contender if it weren't for what Lebron did.

Lakers aren't gonna bounce back anytime soon though. But the problem with LeBron is that he tends to get too much power. I don't know how much power or influence he had with the Heat, but they seemed to make good enough decisions that the team benefited. Once he rejoined the Cavs though, he started pushing for some bad trades and the likes, and the result is that the Cavs aren't worth shit.

I still don't understand why he or the Lakers would want Melo on the team. They can certainly get better players than waste money on someone who doesn't know what defense is.

Not this season obviously

Lakers aren't getting AD or Klay, seems like the whole league is in on not helping the Lakers be a powerhouse team again. And probably 90% of the teams in the league would give up everything to have had Lebron come to them, stir shit up, and win JUST one championship, hell the Lakers are willing to do that right now. The Cavs would have never, EVER been a title contender if it weren't for what Lebron did.

It's possible, especially since the Lakers do have major competitions in the Rockets and Warriors, at the very least, even if Durant leaves. It's not like the Lakers will have an easy trip to the finals even with a powerhouse team.

Lakers aren't gonna bounce back anytime soon though. But the problem with LeBron is that he tends to get too much power. I don't know how much power or influence he had with the Heat, but they seemed to make good enough decisions that the team benefited. Once he rejoined the Cavs though, he started pushing for some bad trades and the likes, and the result is that the Cavs aren't worth shit.

I still don't understand why he or the Lakers would want Melo on the team. They can certainly get better players than waste money on someone who doesn't know what defense is.

Not this season obviously

If you get Melo, then not next season either unless he miraculously becomes useful.

Apparently, the Lakers now need one loss to have a 20-something% chance to get the top pick and go for Zion Williamson, so now that might be the motive.

Personally, I thought it was a bit iffy to hype up the young core and then sign a bunch of vets, some over the hill, under the pretense of adding character to the squad, but the Lakers suffered due to an untimely injury for LeBron. They were doing good enough before that happened. Now everybody seems to be fed up with eachother.

Oh well, we'll see if they can get Davis, Leonard and Irving.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The reasons he gave sounds bullshit. I'm pretty sure he'd be allowed to congratulate Russ and tweet about Wade, no? Wojnaroski (?) says that Magic didn't really care about the job that much though.

And PG13 with a clutch three! I love seeing the Rockets lose.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To add to my last post, trade the whole team away and just sign Tony Allen back on a Supermax contract cause everybody on this team is shooting like him

John Wall in a leg cast better than Kyrie no lie

Ty Lue turned down the Lakers job. What a mess.

Lakers are officially the Knicks of the West.

I'm amused. Is he one of the very few choices left that they had to go to him?

Also, exciting to see the Bucks win :D

Ty Lue turned down the Lakers job. What a mess.

Lakers are officially the Knicks of the West.

I'm amused. Is he one of the very few choices left that they had to go to him?

Also, exciting to see the Bucks win :D

If we're gonna be honest, no, he isn't one of the few. BUT, he was probably the best choice for Lebron as that would allow him to basically call the shots all by himself. I'm glad they didn't get Lue. Hope they go with a young proven college head coach that can bring in some new ideas to franchise, being able to connect with the young core, as well as being able to get Lebron to believe in a system that he isn't too familiar with.

Glad someones (the Rambis) in the Lakers had the sense to stop this (I think?). The new head coach will have quite a task though because he'll need to get the players to trust LeBron and the higher ups again. And as you said, deal with LeBron.

If the Raptors lose this round, then we'll at least know LeBron wasn't the main reason why they couldn't get it done, he just ended it sooner.

Kawhi I'd love to see wearing the Bulls uniform, but he likely won't. With Wolves would be great too, but I only care about them because of Taj and Rose. If he goes to the Lakers though, then they may be difficult to stop if LeBron plays like his usual self.

Archived