Nintendo's paid online and lack of Virtual Console

Generations

Just felt like talking about this. Didn't really fit anywhere else.

I didn't initially hate the concept of the paid online mode with 'free' NES games as incentive...but after learning that they definitely aren't doing a Virtual Console, I think it sucks pretty hard. What's worse, there's no avoiding the elephant in the room; It's obvious that Nintendo made this decision to blatantly go against what all of their fans want. And that's a really shitty look for them.

Also worth noting that they said they want to focus more on casual gaming in the Switch's second year...which doesn't sound too promising. Kinda sounds like they're set on doing the same thing to the Switch as they did to the Wii...

I'm also going to note that I currently have quite a few games on my Switch, but 85% of them are little indy games. That's mostly what I'm playing. I don't mind that...(a lot of these games are quite fun to play). But, I hope this latest news on the VC isn't a sign of things to come for the console. I certainly didn't intend on playing mostly indy games on my Switch.

Archived