Official Money In The Bank Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bliss is definitely not bottom of talent in the division. Not with people like Lana, Nia, Sasha, and Fox around.

Bliss might be nowhere near as good as Charlotte, Naomi, etc...but she's well-rounded, and has a nice total package of what a pro wrestler needs to be. Most importantly, she has no glaring flaws. She might not be the best ever, but she has all the bases covered. Some of those other names I mentioned have serious concerns in one area or another. IMO.

You really just lumped Sasha in with those chicks. I know she hasnt been as great as her NXT days, but you lost all credibility with me from that. Wow.

Btw Im just seeing the post. I dont mean to beat a dead horse. I just dont agree with that opinion at all.

Alexa Bliss certainly has glaring flaws. Having sub par wrestling ability is one. Has she ever had a memorable match? We can remember some because they were recent, but we wont be remembering any in years to come. She'll be remembered for the MITB win, but she wont be remembered for her performance in it, because she didn't perform in it at all.

Alexa is passable in the ring and is no worse than the best of the division some years ago, but to be in the position she's in and to meet the push she constantly receives, she should be much better. And looking at her performance in the MITB, she is blatantly showing how lazy and complacent she is.

Seriously what the hell is wrong with the WWE? It feels like we got nowhere with this PPV. The status quo lives on.

No that will happen when Strowman fails to cash in against Roman later in the year.

Crowd were crazy during Jinder/Reigns, some of the chants included: Velveteen, TNA, Johnny Wrestling, We Want Ambrose, Let's Go Beachballs, and my personal favourite, 'Let's Go Cena, Cena Sucks - not sure why but I loved that one :lol: honestly I didn't even watch the match much, I listened to it more than anything.

Also, what's the general consensus on Nia/Ronda? I think it might be my MOTN, the only thing that surprises me more than Ronda's performance is the facr I ever doubted her! And I'm not even mad about Bliss' cash-in cos I thought it worked so well in the match. I really didn't think it until now but I reckon she'll end up becoming bigger as a wrestler than as an MMA fighter.

AJ/Naka was good but just a bit too slow for me. Picked up at the end but the beginning and middle dragged a little. Also it's horrendous that WWE don't want to push Japanese stars to the top; at least Naka looked good in the match, unlike Asuka.

The thing with Bliss, is that she covers all of the basis - and I believe she's passable at best in the ring. People question Alexa's success because of her lack of good ring skills, but fans fail to realize that a wrestler's ring skills can be satisfactory at best and still be a big success and top star. It's been proven in the past.

Blisss best match was with Sasha

Funny you say that. I don't remember that match being anything to rave about. I think Bliss' best match was against Charlotte.

The thing with Bliss, is that she covers all of the basis - and I believe she's passable at best in the ring. People question Alexa's success because of her lack of good ring skills, but fans fail to realize that a wrestler's ring skills can be satisfactory at best and still be a big success and top star. It's been proven in the past.

Blisss best match was with Sasha

Funny you say that. I don't remember that match being anything to rave about. I think Bliss' best match was against Charlotte.
Wont argue with that. My response was a hot take reaction to what Gen said about Sasha. But I do remember enjoying Sasha vs Alexa.

Also, what's the general consensus on Nia/Ronda? I think it might be my MOTN, the only thing that surprises me more than Ronda's performance is the facr I ever doubted her! And I'm not even mad about Bliss' cash-in cos I thought it worked so well in the match. I really didn't think it until now but I reckon she'll end up becoming bigger as a wrestler than as an MMA fighter.

No way at both, lol.

That's right, in the past. Fans care more and more about match quality now than ever before.

It was a joke lol. But seriously, take a guy like Roman. He's improved a shit ton over the years, but you can't tell me he wasn't average as hell (but pretty decent for someone with little experience) when his initial push to the top started like 4 years ago.

And how is that push working out?

The perception fans have on Roman isn't really the issue I'm trying to get at, it's more so the fact that having average ring skills won't keep someone from being a top star and winning titles, regardless of how fans may think they're being "overpushed" or "shoved down our throats".

Reigns biggest problem is just how they book him. One week he's babyface, the next he's acting like a heel, one week he's fighting the authority, the next he's being gifted title shots by the authority. - I was actually listening to the latest Jericho podcast while mowing the lawn today, and it was all about Jericho in WCW. He said a lot of things that offhandedly reminded me of the exact problem with Roman. Basically, how hated Jericho was when he was the good looking young guy coming in with blonde hair and a can-do attitude, and all of the booking mistakes that followed (which Chris knew were mistakes at the time). Chris didn't mention Roman at all, but Reigns is immediately what came to mind when I was listening. He might as well have been running down a list of all the shortcomings and pitfalls that WWE has made with Reigns.

I think for some reason AJ Styles vs Nakamura even though it got praises, it still may have got overlooked or underrated or what hace you. The story and the match wad too notch. And aside from that gauntlet match before WM, this may be MOTY on the main roster.

Both played their part tremendously, weapon spots were plced really really well and wadn't that much relied on like LMS matches to be. Some dope Kinshasa spots, Styles Clash of the steps, brutal corner table spot, chair and low blow spot. And the last of Nakamuras "come oooonnn" taunt got me shivers. Lots of beliavle false finishes also.

I don't know, but this match had it all for me. And easily the best work Nakamura did on the main roster, like in total package. Probably in his WWE career too.

Maybe it got overlooked since AJ was a strong favourite and people weren't hyped that much. And the fact that their program has been going for five months. But I think it also rounded the whole feud perfectly, even though it had some ups and downs.

Maybe it wasn't amazing like people expected but it gave us some cool matches and a detailed feud you don't see THAT much.

Archived