How many games a month do you buy ?

ShadowWarrior

There was a time when I bought every big game as they came out, but that model doesn't work for me anymore.

Not only are games getting super lengthy these days, but I don't personally have a lot of free time. So, I don't really buy more than one or two physical games a month. I'm still playing God of War, and expect to be doing that for quite a while longer. And I have a whole shelf of games still in the plastic...games like X-Com 2, Prey, Horizon Zero Dawn, Watchdogs 2, etc. So, yeah...I still buy games I want, but I never find the time to play them. Sucks. :lol:

Exactly the same, bud. Due to university, work and stuff, I don't often get the time to even play on my PS4. I only really play FIFA in my spare time. Got God of War, because I just had to, I *censored*ing love that series but I have a little bit more time to spare now. I have a list of games, too, that I would love to get (Persona 5, Horizon Zero Dawn, Monster Hunter and even Watch Dogs, neither of which I have played) but because of free time really being all over the place and not as much as a few years back, I've decided to delay investing in them.

It'd hurt just to buy a bunch of games I'm relatively excited to play, when knowing I cannot play through all of them the way I'd love to.

Depends on the month. Jan-Aug maybe 1-2. Sept-Dec 3-4 games.

Like others I use to buy all the big releases day 1. But now I have a massive back log I just wait until I clear some out or the games I want get a good discount.

Some games are still an instant day 1 like God of War. Im sure The Last of Us 2 and Red Dead 2 will be instant too.

How many games a year would be a better question. On average a month I would have to say 0 unless you count the "free" games that I get with my xbox live gold subscription. A year it probably is at least 5, a major one like WWE2K or Dead Rising, and then a bunch of steam games when they are on sale, in which case it goes up to like 10 but only during their winter and summer sales.

I tend to get

WWE

FIFA

Pokemon

Digimon

and then whatever else takes my fancy for each year

This past year (as in 12 months+) I've bought all 10 Nep games and some other random RPGs.

I use to only get FIFA and COD every year and that was it but they're pretty shit now.

This year the only game I've bought is God of War. I'm looking at getting Spiderman and Red Dead Redemption 2.

I'll posssibly get FIFA IF I really want a football game.

There was a time when I bought every big game as they came out, but that model doesn't work for me anymore.

Not only are games getting super lengthy these days, but I don't personally have a lot of free time. So, I don't really buy more than one or two physical games a month. I'm still playing God of War, and expect to be doing that for quite a while longer. And I have a whole shelf of games still in the plastic...games like X-Com 2, Prey, Horizon Zero Dawn, Watchdogs 2, etc. So, yeah...I still buy games I want, but I never find the time to play them. Sucks. :lol:

This is the problem I have. I've built up quite the collection of PS4 games, but there's a lot of them that are still in the wrapper. Over this past year or so I've been getting better at working through games and knocking them off my backlog, but I highly doubt I'll ever get it down to zero. With that being said, I probably buy 4-5 games a month with every intention of playing them.

Lol, I've still to play Watchdogs 2, Witcher 3, COD WWII, got them on the shelf gathering dust. I need to get those games started on PS4. Plus, I've yet to play (well continue) Wolfenstein 2 on XB1. I've got a lot of games that'll keep me busy for the year.

I havent purchased a game since COD last year. I have however downloaded a few of the free games of the month from PS+.

I just dont enjoy games as much as I used to, so I cant fathom dropping $60 on a game, let alone multiple games a month. Theres some games I do want, coming out this year, so well see if I decide to pick them up or wait until a sale.

I haven't purchased many lately. The last one was Farcry 5. I might pick up red dead redemption 2 and the spyro trilogy but right now most of my funds are going to bills

• 2 weeks later...

Unless there's a big release that I'm really interested in (like say, GTA or MGS or something I've been following, like Detroit) then generally it's 2-3 new games a year (Usually FIFA/PES and WWE) and then several preowned / deals on top of that.

I don't have the disposable income that I did, and most of my gaming time is either playing with my daughter on Lego Harry Potter or Transformers, editing / playing PES and then maybe some Watchdogs II / Hitman. I increasingly find it difficult to justify springing around £50 for a game if I'm hardly going to play it.

Archived