E3 2018

Senex Beast

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't it when the WiiU came out that they said they wouldn't be a entertainment console but a gaming console or something?

And the Wii U nearly killed Nintendo. If the 3DS didn't exist, Nintendo would probably be publishing Mari and Pokemon on the PSV/PS4 right now

And you might be thinking it is an exaggeration but nah, it happened to Sega - so none of the three are safe.

Nintendo is the face and representing name of everything gaming like wwe is for wrestling to many casuals. You can tell my parents it's Xbox or PlayStation all you want and they'll just end up calling it Nintendo all the time

This is simply not true anymore lol

EDIT: Not in the UK anyway. X

"When will Netflix and YouTube launch on Switch?

“When we launched the Switch, we were very clear we wanted to position the device as a game-playing device. We’ve done that, and so you’ve seen Hulu for example come on to the platform. In terms of other services, the conversations are on-going. We’ve got nothing to announce right now. But certainly those opportunities will come in due time.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-14/nintendo-s-fils-aime-hits-back-at-analysts-as-stock-declines

This sounds pretty positive for getting YouTube. I think it might not come for a while though. maybe like 2019.

There's been a bit of a rumor, for a while now, that they're waiting until their subscription service launches for their online service before they add more apps like Netflix and Youtube. Not something I agree with them doing, but it's probably the truth.

Speaking of youtube, I think there's untapped potential for someone to be the first to include youtube Red as part of a subscription offering. Not at all suggesting that Nintendo would be the ones to do that. Just thinking out loud. It's the kind of thing that seems like it should be done somewhere down the road. I'm sure the number of people who would never bother subbing to Red is rather high (myself included). If I was Nintendo, I probably would do that. Just have free YT Red for Nintendo online users, maybe do a tie-in app for streaming/uploading gameplay directly from Switch. YT gets a portion of whatever the subscription fee is, both services get a bunch more subs. Done deal.

I was surprised Microsoft didn't reveal new apps, console features or dashboard update. I like those

Not sure what apps need to be added as there's already a lot but I wouldn't mind something like Periscope. A nice console feature would be giving us full patch notes as we download updates

Nintendo is already in a position where their name means more than their actual clout. Even if they ever did become a third party publisher, they would still be doing well for themselves...just like Sega.

Then why did the Wii U become a colossal failure? it had "Nintendo" on it

same for the N64DD, GBA Micro, DSi and NEW 3DS and probably the final Switch model

Most conferences did very well, I think EA shot themselves in the foot and Nintendo hinged a little too much on Smash Bros, but still overall it was one of the best E3s in recent memory.

It was a nice E3...just not a lot of surprises or terribly huge announcements.

Mostly just seeing things in greater detail that we already knew were coming.

It could have been a pretty awesome E3, if a bunch of these games hadn't been revealed a few weeks prior to the show. I hate how companies do that, tbh. Like with Pokemon...if that was actually unveiled at E3, people would have given a stronger reception to Nintendo...but we already knew about it, so it was a "meh" reaction.

It could have been a pretty awesome E3, if a bunch of these games hadn't been revealed a few weeks prior to the show. I hate how companies do that, tbh. Like with Pokemon...if that was actually unveiled at E3, people would have given a stronger reception to Nintendo...but we already knew about it, so it was a "meh" reaction.

Probably didn't wanna be overshadowed by other games

Probably didn't wanna be overshadowed by other games

Archived