Major League Wrestling: MLW Fusion

Guest Fight Me.

99kr5g.jpg

Held annually for nearly 50 years at various turn-of-the-century opera house locations from New York City to Boston, the Professional Wrestling Opera House Cup was a grueling multi-day tournament.

The best of the day competed in the tournament and would often be an entree to more success, including the World Heavyweight Championship of the day. For years the cup has sat in the attic of the Hart Mansion in Calgary until the tragic passing of the last cup recipient, Stu Hart (1948 winner).

Teddy Hart inherited the Opera House Trophy Cup upon the passing of his grandfather. Inspired by the legends whose names are immortalized in plaques on the sides of the cup, Hart has donated the cup to Major League Wrestling to reignite the spirit of the greats who preceded today and tomorrow’s greats.

After a 71 year hiatus, the Opera Cup returns December 5th as MLW hosts the 2019 Opera Cup tournament at Melrose Ballroom in New York City. The event will be a FUSION TV taping for beIN SPORTS.

Tickets go on sale Monday August 5 at OperaCup.com.

Entries will be revealed later this fall on MLW FUSION and MLW.com.

The Professional Wrestling Opera Cup is dedicated to the great men who have fought valiantly before us to ensure our passion, professional wrestling be cemented and respected in the annals of time.

https://mlw.com/2019/07/30/nyc-to-host-first-opera-cup-in-over-70-years/

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that backstory is completely legit then this sounds super cool

Agreed. Hopefully, it works out better than the return of the Crockett Cup.

The Crockett Cup was one of the most enjoyable events of the entire year, from start to finish...

Lame team won the finals...but, it's not like the return of the event was bad at all...

If that backstory is completely legit then this sounds super cool

Agreed. Hopefully, it works out better than the return of the Crockett Cup.

The Crockett Cup was one of the most enjoyable events of the entire year, from start to finish...

Lame team won the finals...but, it's not like the return of the event was bad at all...

I agree with you. Perhaps I should have said I hope the ending will be better than the Crockett Cup's ending.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about everyone else, but I love MLW's presentation. From the lighting, to the matches, to the commentary. I wish they had a TV deal.

They're on Bein Sports, though I guess they could be on a bigger network lol But I'm not sure of too many that would be cool with them uploading the full episodes on YouTube too, which I feel is a big help to them in growing their fanbase.

I don't know about everyone else, but I love MLW's presentation. From the lighting, to the matches, to the commentary. I wish they had a TV deal.

They're on Bein Sports, though I guess they could be on a bigger network lol But I'm not sure of too many that would be cool with them uploading the full episodes on YouTube too, which I feel is a big help to them in growing their fanbase.

Oh, okay. Thanks for the heads up on that. Honestly, I've never heard of Bein Sports, but I'll have to look for it now. Thank goodness for YouTube.

It was crazy how few people were in attendance for the Hammerstone match in NOAH. I guess NJPW really is the only Japanese promotion that is doing well these days...

I'm probably exaggerating...but that looked to be about 100 (maybe 200) people, sparsely sprinkled in random seats around the ring. I've been to actual indy shows in school gymnasiums with bigger crowds.

Archived