WWE Show Discussion

Jmerc

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both guys cut great promos; but if anything, it really just made me want to see Drew go solo even more. Drew being in a team wouldn't bother me so much if he wasn't paired with Ziggler. Not that I have an issue w/ Ziggler himself, but it just seems like somewhat of an odd match to me.

Drew being in a team was not the right move. He reinvented himself to be a top star. And he is one. Honestly, when Drew started talking about the roster being soft and him coming back to trim all the dead weight, I was thinking he was going to drop Ziggler right there and be like "thanks for bringing me here".

Drew being in a team was not the right move. He reinvented himself to be a top star. And he is one. Honestly, when Drew started talking about the roster being soft and him coming back to trim all the dead weight, I was thinking he was going to drop Ziggler right there and be like "thanks for bringing me here".

My thoughts exactly.

Drew's whole story with coming back to the company and signing w/ NXT is that he practically did a complete 180 degree transformation from what he was like before the release. He honed his craft more, reinvented himself and got in to killer shape so he could return as the legit "Chosen One" like Vince McMahon christened him to be from the beginning.

Eh, he could do that in the coming weeks.

This is true...but I feel like the most impactful time to do it would have been right then. Right after the promo about the roster being a bunch of lazy bastards who can't reach out and take anything. Kinda felt like he was talking right to Ziggler while he was saying it. Here's a guy (Ziggler) who has been treading water forever...and now he recruits Drew to do his bidding. That would have been a great moment, IMO. Just having Drew be like "You were a fool to bring me here!".

Backstage conflict on what to do with Braun Strowman

It looks like WWE has a dilemma because Roman Reigns has been earmarked to be the guy for years now but it doesnt seem like the fans are ready at all to accept him in that role.

This subject was recently discussed on Wrestling Observer Radio where Dave Meltzer expanded on WWEs current thinking regarding Strowman and how there is a mixture of feelings backstage regarding if he should be Universal Champion.

Theres a feeling that hes better off not being champion [] I agree that Romans not the guy. I think thats been the case for years.

Well, they know that [braun Strowman] is the most popular guy and I know there are people in the company who definitely think he should be the champion and he should be the guy that beats Brock Lesnar. Look, I think thats probably better well see. Maybe, in the end, thats what theyll do.

But Roman needs to be a heel thats all there is to it whether he wins the title or not he needs to be a heel. You know this isnt John Cena whos selling a ton I mean I know his sales are good but if you but Strowman in the same spot and also the other thing is that freaking lame get these hands chant that was so lame and yet people are picking up on it. So yeah thats another thing.

Source: ringsidenews.com

If there's any truth to that claim, then WWE is dumb as *Censored*. The "they like this guy more than the guy we chose...boo hoo" mentality is one of the most retarded parts of pro wrestling (if true). Again...I'm not going to blindly believe that it's true. But, if they really see it as a "dilemma" that someone is properly over...then they're dumb as shit. Surely they should be able to push more than one guy at a time.

Watching Raw now. Now Im no longer a Roman hater, but those fans chanting loudly for Reigns in the front row the camera keeps panning back to have got to be plants, right? Shit doesnt seem normal at all.

Yeah...well, that's probably a wrap for Zack then.

Dude seems injury prone at this point...which is already compounded greatly by the fact that his character has been treading water for years. I don't have anything against the guy...but even if he comes back from this injury, he'll be in the same position of a midcard jobber with no direction...and his body will be that much more broken down.

If there's anyone who I see packing it in relatively soon...it would be Ryder and Hideo Itami. Both for similar reasons. Ryder would need to heal up tremendously well, and completely reinvent himself to have any chance at future success. He can't come back at 95% and go right back to what he was doing before.

Yeah...well, that's probably a wrap for Zack then.

Dude seems injury prone at this point...which is already compounded greatly by the fact that his character has been treading water for years. I don't have anything against the guy...but even if he comes back from this injury, he'll be in the same position of a midcard jobber with no direction...and his body will be that much more broken down.

If there's anyone who I see packing it in relatively soon...it would be Ryder and Hideo Itami. Both for similar reasons. Ryder would need to heal up tremendously well, and completely reinvent himself to have any chance at future success. He can't come back at 95% and go right back to what he was doing before.

Seens a bit premature to be saying that. We dont know how bad the injury is yet. Granted, needing an MRI isnt a good sign, but it could still turn out to be something minor. Plus, the guy had two knees, for all we know it could have the other knee that went. Lets wait til we get all the facts before we decide who is injury prone please.

Less a matter of how bad the injury is...more a matter of how many other times he has been injured, returned from injury, and gone nowhere. The wrestling industry doesn't wait for people.

If your career is at a standstill under normal conditions, with no forward momentum on a good day...and you get injured more often than most of the other performers...then that's already two strikes against you.

Less a matter of how bad the injury is...more a matter of how many other times he has been injured, returned from injury, and gone nowhere. The wrestling industry doesn't wait for people.

If your career is at a standstill under normal conditions, with no forward momentum on a good day...and you get injured more often than most of the other performers...then that's already two strikes against you.

Which is a grand total of once. Quite amazing how certain guys like him, Miz, Jericho, Kane, Show, can go so long without ever getting a major injury.

That I agree with. The only thing I see holding Zack back after this injury is his position on the card, and even then his veteran status could cancel that out. As of the time I post this he is the third longest seeving person on the full time roster with no break from the company, with Miz in second and Orton in first.

Archived