Spyro Remaster Official - September 21

nWo_Kevin

41191076162_15ef63e9c1_b.jpg

Toys for Bob has long admired the original Spyro trilogy. Long before Skylanders, way back in 1998, the very first Spyro the Dragon was an inspiration to us. The level design, the controls, the art style, the humor, the music, the sense of discovery – it was groundbreaking in so many ways. There’s no getting around the fact that the feisty purple dragon is one of the most important and influential heroes in 3D platformer history.

Now twenty years on, we are deeply honored to have the responsibility of remastering Insomniac’s historic trilogy, and our most powerful motivator is knowing how important Spyro is to millions of passionate fans across the globe.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/04/05/its-official-spyro-reignited-trilogy-soars-to-ps4-september-21/

Think I mainly missed games like Spyro and Crash because the PS was my brother's system...and I was only a kid. I mostly watched him play the games that he would buy (stuff like Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, etc)...because I didn't have money for my own games. Eventually I would get things like Smackdown and Smackdown 2...but it was mostly his system and his games. I only got to play it if he let me.

The shock is that it's not a timed exclusive.

I didn't play much Spyro as a kid, tbh.

Poor people on Switch tho

Im so hyped for this. Ive long been a fan of Spyro, bought all 3 on PS3 and beat them several times, and Ive been wanting a remaster for PS4, especially since Crash got one.

The one thing Im upset about is that its going to be on Xbox as well.

Im so hyped for this. Ive long been a fan of Spyro, bought all 3 on PS3 and beat them several times, and Ive been wanting a remaster for PS4, especially since Crash got one.

Yeah how dare more people get to play the games

*Censored* everyone who chose a different platform they're dicks and don't deserve to play a video game!!!!

Console wars are so 2008. Every game should be on as many platforms as possible. They'd be stupid to have it exclusive, they'd be missing out on money. Why should they have it exclusive? Because the originals weren't on Xbox? It didn't exist in the 90s lol. Spyro and Crash have been multiple platform since Xbox existed. Get over yourself and stop being immature, console wars are dead. They'd be stupid to deprive themselves of a potential 55 million player user base. Especially since nearly all Spyro games are already on Xbox.

Now comes the part where everyone begs for him in Smash 5.

Awesome. I love Spyro and I still haven't played 2, so even better.

It's not on Switch though so that makes no sense.

It was a huge rumor for a bit, then subtle hints were dropped, then the other day screenshots were leaked, and boom trailer. I haven't played it in sooo long. Since me and my neighbor(she was a few years older than me, idk where she is now) use to play it when she lived here. I did have one of the GBA games.

And September is a good month for Insomniac games, BOTH Spyro and Spiderman drop

*Censored* everyone who chose a different platform they're dicks and don't deserve to play a video game!!!!

Console wars are so 2008. Every game should be on as many platforms as possible. They'd be stupid to have it exclusive, they'd be missing out on money. Why should they have it exclusive? Because the originals weren't on Xbox? It didn't exist in the 90s lol. Spyro and Crash have been multiple platform since Xbox existed. Get over yourself and stop being immature, console wars are dead. They'd be stupid to deprive themselves of a potential 55 million player user base. Especially since nearly all Spyro games are already on Xbox.

100% agreed

Damn, Muur, triggered much? Im all for the end of console wars, it at the same time for nostalgic purposes I think certain games should stay on certain platforms. Halo, Gears of War, etc I would love to play on my PS4, but dont think they should ever be made for PlayStation.

Same for the other side, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Spyro, etc. I would love to play on my Xbox One, but I dont think they should make them for it.

Console exclusives are probably the best games in each respective consoles, so why end that?

Damn, Muur, triggered much? Im all for the end of console wars, it at the same time for nostalgic purposes I think certain games should stay on certain platforms. Halo, Gears of War, etc I would love to play on my PS4, but dont think they should ever be made for PlayStation.

Same for the other side, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Spyro, etc. I would love to play on my Xbox One, but I dont think they should make them for it.

Console exclusives are probably the best games in each respective consoles, so why end that?

Sorry but this might be contender for the dumbest post of the year. You made no sense what so ever.

There was a Halo game on DS and GOW is on PC lol. Exclusives now a days hurt the gaming community more than they help.

Maybe YOU don't want Spyro on Xbox but there's another 55 million players that can get money from on Xbox.

I dont recall ever saying anything other than I am upset at that fact. I dont care if its stupid or so-2008 or whatever else. Thats my opinion, I stated why I think that, and Im moving on. Agree to disagree here.

I dont recall ever saying anything other than I am upset at that fact. I dont care if its stupid or so-2008 or whatever else. Thats my opinion, I stated why I think that, and Im moving on. Agree to disagree here.

I hope they make WWE 2K19 Xbox One only. *Censored* the 76 million PS4 users, they don't deserve WWE.

I hope they make WWE 2K19 Xbox One only. *Censored* the 76 million PS4 users, they don't deserve WWE.

Now youre just grasping at straws because you dont like my opinion lol Im done with this, as Im not getting into an argument with the always right muur. Have a good one bud

What made sense as an exclusive years ago, is likely to not make sense as an exclusive in the present time. That's all there is to it. When the Spyro series originated, I'm sure they had every reason in the world to make it a Playstation exclusive. It was a hot new IP, and Sony probably offered them a nice deal for it.

But, now it's a remaster...and the goal of most remasters, is to have the game played by the largest number of people possible. It's 20 years after the fact, and the developers want to say "Never played our game back then? We'd really like for you to experience it now". And the best way to do that, is to offer it to more people. Also, one quick glance at the past games in the series, and you can see that it's already been on Nintendo and Microsoft systems before. If you were going to pick a time to complain about it being a non-exclusive, you kinda missed the boat way back when they had Spyro games on the original Xbox.

Archived