Football Thread

Lunchbox

On 6/13/2020 at 4:58 PM, вrаndоn. said:

That's soccer 😝

If you've ever got time, YouTube 'Australia Rules Football highlights'. I guarantee you'll be confused, but it's a great game.

youre in the wrong thread then

this is for "soccer". 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Dax is one of my favorite players, he didn't start off with the team right away but got so much better as he got more games and i can see Titi helping him get to where he needed to be. There are alot of great storys from Titi' short stay in New York.

Wigan gone into admin. Karma for the last year of mocking us going into admin from their fans. 

In other news we got a new manager today. Evatt, who won the league with Barrow. Exciting times. 

I watched most of the Oxford/Pompey match, as well as the first half of Wycombe/Fleetwood. I'm pleased it's an Oxford v Wycombe final, as I would rather see one of those two clubs in the Championship next season than either Portsmouth or Fleetwood.

After watching the two second legs last night, I actually wanted to ask you, is there any rivalry between Oxford and Wycombe? I know Oxford's main rivals are Reading and Swindon, but as Wycombe is only about 20 miles away from Oxford, is there any rivalry at all there?

6 hours ago, dje_wba said:

I watched most of the Oxford/Pompey match, as well as the first half of Wycombe/Fleetwood. I'm pleased it's an Oxford v Wycombe final, as I would rather see one of those two clubs in the Championship next season than either Portsmouth or Fleetwood.

After watching the two second legs last night, I actually wanted to ask you, is there any rivalry between Oxford and Wycombe? I know Oxford's main rivals are Reading and Swindon, but as Wycombe is only about 20 miles away from Oxford, is there any rivalry at all there?

Answer is on our part no, Wycombe see it as a rivalry but they only have Luton really lol 

We weren't at our best over the two legs but now we've got some minutes under the belt I think we could do it 

Edited by Oufcad32

I would like to visit the Kassam at some point, having not been there yet - I did go to the Manor Ground a few times - but if Albion were to play Oxford nest season, I hope that it will only be in the cup, not in the league-- after going top 11 games into the season, and not having been out of the top two since, it would be a big disappointment to let this slip now.

Yeah I think we last played you in 2014 in the League Cup second round,  was Appletons second month in charge and you won 2-1 I think? Lol 

You'll go up, no worries about that, do you think you'll try to sign Dwight Gayle? He was on loan wasnt he? 

Gayle was on loan last season, and the club tried to sign him back in August - a deal was agreed with Newcastle for another season-long loan, which would be made permanent upon promotion, but Gayle turned it down, not because he didn't wanted to come back to The Hawthorns, but because he didn't want to go out on loan again, he just wanted a straight permanent move. There was a rumour last week that they might try to sign him again this summer, but I don't know whether there's any truth in that - we'll see, I guess.

That match you referred to was Alan Irvine's third match during his six months as Albion Head Coach. It actually finished 1-1 [after extra time], with Albion winning 7-6 on penalties.

bolton just casually sign last seasons league two leading goal scorer on 26 goals from swindon, who he got promoted with, as i guess bolton in league two is better than swindon in league one. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53343121

also weve offered a contract to plymouth's player of the year - who also got promoted to league one from leauge two - and hes now turned down a conctract with league one plymouth and is discussing personal terms with us

good times

Edited by Muur

10 hours ago, dje_wba said:

Gayle was on loan last season, and the club tried to sign him back in August - a deal was agreed with Newcastle for another season-long loan, which would be made permanent upon promotion, but Gayle turned it down, not because he didn't wanted to come back to The Hawthorns, but because he didn't want to go out on loan again, he just wanted a straight permanent move. There was a rumour last week that they might try to sign him again this summer, but I don't know whether there's any truth in that - we'll see, I guess.

That match you referred to was Alan Irvine's third match during his six months as Albion Head Coach. It actually finished 1-1 [after extra time], with Albion winning 7-6 on penalties.

Ahh okay,  i wasn't sure if it went to pens lol

3 hours ago, dje_wba said:

Some positive news for you, finally, after a couple of difficult years?

technically the club themselves havent announced it yet, which is weird - despite the fact that swindon themselves have said he passed a medical and agreed personal terms of a three year contract with us. not sure whats going on there... even the bolton news dudes dont get why its not been announced yet since apparently he HAS signed the contract. confusing. then you have that bbc article saying hes signed. ah the mysterys of bolton wanderers. 

this would be a ridic signing if he can hit 20 goals again though. three year contract is a bit excessive for a 32 year old though...

being in league two might be beneficial this season if we can sign the best guys compared to teams NOT in embargo lmao. admin being a two year embargo is so harsh. at least the first year was a throwaway since we knew we were already *censored*ed, and the second year is in league two where no one buys players anyway... so yeah I guess this second year of embargo is irrelevant and after swindon and salford said they cant match the wages we offered to doyle - what embargo lmao?

I legit think we could get back to back promotions 

also last season was ridic. the first 1/3rd is a throwaway and there were no season tickets. then I get to go to like 6 matches with my fancy new season ticket once they finally god damn offered them. then covid ends the season. so I only got to go to like 6 matches or something. hope the club do like a deal where you get to go to all cup games or something. 

also good luck in your two year embargo wigan lol...

1 hour ago, Oufcad32 said:

Apparently Doyle wanted to stay up north, he was on loan from Bradford I believe at the Swindump lol 

Glad you're signing people 

tbf swindon also said that they couldnt offer the money we could... which is funny as were in an embargo so cant even offer wages that high... 

Edited by Muur