Football Thread

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got Bristol City away, which is slgihtly funny as that's our next fixture so we have that twice now

In other news, shit has hit the fan more. The Forest Green chairman has come out saying our chairman has said "order a windup up petition against Bolton, I don't care if you bankrupt the club, I'm rich". For context, one of the loans to buy was Doidge for 1 million and since it was agreed in contract, were breaking terms etc and they want their 1 million (of course, theyre a league two team, that's massive for them). It sucks the most for Doidge though, his wife quit her job so they could move to Bolton and he bought a house here as he signed a 5 year contract which has now been cancelled because Anderson refuses to pay the money owed to the Football League. They were only even loans because the transfer window shut three weeks earlier than normal, otherwise they'd all be permo deals

Also, it turns out he also hasn't been paying the loaned players wages, so Forest Green, Everton and Norwich are also owned money he refuses to pay

good times

not sure what's gonna happen with Doidge, he signed that contract and its legal etc, right now he's at Forest due to the arguments but it sucks his future is up in the air. It's either Ken stops being a *Censored* and pays up so we get the player, or he's stuck in League Two due to having played for two teams already this season

the FGR owner has said Bolton fans can come to their next game against Bury and "Doidge will buy you a pint and you can thank him in person" lol

plz, get me off this wild ride

Is Parkinson under pressure at all as far as his job is concerned? Usually when a team is doing as badly as Bolton are, the manager is in danger of the sack, but looking at things from a distance, he seems to be doing the best he can given the circumstances.

Is Parkinson under pressure at all as far as his job is concerned? Usually when a team is doing as badly as Bolton are, the manager is in danger of the sack, but looking at things from a distance, he seems to be doing the best he can given the circumstances.

He seems to be immune to getting sacked, KA has given his full support multiple times.

I think the real reason is he doesn't care enough to sack him lol

Parky has had his keeping Bolton up bonus from May unpaid lol

I dont think WBA were that good today tbh, a seemingly offside goal (havent seen a replay, but it seemed off to me), and then some shit defending from us (fair enough), but otherwise WBA didnt really do anything. Still, another loss is another loss.

Next up is Reading. One point between us. Oh my.

Also, the protests were pretty shit, also heard a 14 year old kid attacked a steward. Classy that

That's the least I've cared about a stoppage time equaliser tbh. Draw against also bottom three Reading doesn't do much

‪Playing one up front with that one being a 97 year old whilst our leading scorer is on the bench is ridiculous

Never mind the owner, Parkinson is to blame for most of it

I did wonder last Monday why Bolton were playing with a striker who hadn't scored all season, while their top scorer was sat on the bench.

prob ate the last sandwich

to make things worse, he subbed off a 17 year old playing his first league game and the crowd did not react well at all... and parky has hit back in the press pretty much insulting the fans, saying that made it hard for the players and blah blah blah

if I was there, I'd play two up front, and one of them wouldn't be Donaldson lmao

also donaldson has one goal thank you very much!

https://twitter.com/marcus_bwfc/status/1090382517906083840

so reading got a penalty due to a player falling over

Edited by Muur

so the loan of ched evans (Who isnt good enough for the champs anyway) fell through as the paper work wasn't sent from their end in time

good times

speaking of sheff united, we lost 2-0 to them today. expected tbf