Stephanie McMahon Wants Top WWE Star To Play A Gay Character

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like this one bit. there's already gay fans and wreslers all around the world. so to me doesn't make any sense at all.

Of course they have gay fans but thats not necessarily the point of this though. I would like to think they are doing this out of the goodness of their heart and because they want the world to be a better place or whatever, but they just want a better image. The world is progressing and they dont want to be left behind. They want to portray an inclusive environment which in turn, probably opens up room for more sponsors.

RIP Velveteen Dream.

They also have Sonya Deville who's actually gay. Though I believe on Lilian's podcast she's said she wouldn't want to play a gay character, just a character who happens to be gay.

Lol, is she crazy?? A character where the sexual orientation isn't her main feature? Madness!

I'd like to think WWE has come a long way since they days of Billy and Chuck (among other insensitive gimmicks). I'm not sure what being gay would add to the Finn Balor character. Wrestling isn't really conducive to romance, gay or otherwise. I'd be interested in hearing LGBT people weigh in on this one.

It wouldn't add ANYTHING.

I don't even really care for Finn that much, but this is dumb. Seriously though, what's with her obsession with this kind of character? HHH has the right idea.

I don't even really care for Finn that much, but this is dumb. Seriously though, what's with her obsession with this kind of character? HHH has the right idea.

She's all about PR. She's the personification of what's wrong with today's PC society.

She's atrocious.

My biggest issue is I just don't trust WWE to be able to handle this correctly if they did do it. They have track record of being totally tone deaf when it comes to dealing with sensitive issues and I'd see this being no different if it actually happened. I think it'd be amazing if WWE hired more LGBT wrestlers and/or incorporating more LGBT characters into kayfabe, but once again, only if done correctly.

Archived