• Christmas
    • Halloween
    • Easter
    • Birthday
    • Thanksgiving
    • 4th of July
    • Rusev Day

Guest Shades of Cool

I think it's Christmas for me, but Halloween is close and I like the 4th of July for the fireworks. I could go on.

I thought this would be a fun little poll to do. I can add more holidays to it if someone wants me to.

Fourth of July because it's the only time when it's 100% appropriate to fap to USA. :')

But in all seriousness, Christmas. Has been so ever since I was a little kid just because of the atmosphere,feeling, magic, decorations, snow, family time, and whatnot. I hope it still will be, and I won't turn into a cantankerous old hag like Gen and complain about the cold.

I don't complain about the cold. I live on a *censored*ing mountain. I'm getting another foot of snow tomorrow. And I'm also constantly complaining about climate change and the assholes who don't believe in it. In what world do you get the image of me complaining about the cold? Winter is meant to be cold.

*Censored* all of you, it's the day to celebrate our lord and savior, BEEBO DAY.

But really they all suck. I don't get Halloween, my Birthday or 4th of July off. Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter I get off but have to work the day before & after most times. But Christmas wins because of sometimes I get shit.

Used to be Halloween when I was younger but over the last decade or so it's been X to the M to the A to that crooked letter.

It's generally longer, you can celebrate it from about two months away and the feeling of Christmas is still around weeks after it's over, plus the gifts, time off, and special deals.

Never felt that way about Christmas (celebrating it from two months away). In fact, I'd say it's kind of frowned upon to start celebrating Christmas any earlier than the first of December. There are a lot of people who feel strongly about Christmas waiting its damn turn. :lol:

Halloween, though...I pretty much start celebrating as soon as fall hits. Start watching Halloween themed movies and shows around September. There's just an autumn feeling that makes celebrating Halloween early feel like an appropriate thing to do. Trees are dead, it gets dark early, the wind starts to blow dead leaves around. Just feels right. November is all about Thanksgiving though. Christmas can't get any love from me in November.

For real man. Halloween for me has become that night of the year where I don't go out for fear of running over some kids with my car and just stay home and turn all the lights off and close my windows. I do watch scary movies and play scary games though like Zombies at my Neighbors or Dead Rising. That's my new tradition with Halloween.

Christmas, always loved it as a kid and then the magic went away when I hit my later teens. But having a little girl just brings the magic aspect right back, she's seven (born on 23rd Dec as it happens) but to see her face when she "meets Santa" or sees the Santa videos I have for her (got this cool app where you can get a free personalized message from the Big man) is just amazing. I know it's a matter of time before the illusion gets shattered - but hey, I'm enjoying it.

I do find it's over very quickly following a big build up however, but my birthday is then only two months away.

As for some of the other holidays, in England we don't obviously have July 4th, or Thanksgiving - though Halloween seems to be getting a bigger deal by the year. We have our fireworks night on November 5th - but it's not really a holiday as such. So really it's Easter in Spring, and Christmas at the end of the year for us.

For real man. Halloween for me has become that night of the year where I don't go out for fear of running over some kids with my car and just stay home and turn all the lights off and close my windows. I do watch scary movies and play scary games though like Zombies at my Neighbors or Dead Rising. That's my new tradition with Halloween.

I used to take my wife out for a drive, and play gothic music and the Batman movie theme track by Danny Elfman. Believe me, in the cold night driving through a country road with that sort of music playing definitely sets the mood.

I suppose the little one will be wanting to Trick or Treat soon, but we'll strictly keep it to people we know.

International Muur Day

I don't really care for any of them any more tbh. Most if not all are just any other day.

Prob cuz I don't get gifts any more lol

Archived