Stephen Hawking Passes Away

kidd0

Let's stop pretending like this guy led to some major contributions to the science community. Yeah, he had some break throughs, but for the most part he was nothing but a doomsday fear monger. Just another Bill Nye or Neal Degrasse Tyson, talk big but no real contributions. The only reason the dude was famous, was because of his disease and his ability to survive it for so long.

It probably wasn't even Hawking talking through that computer.

Let's stop pretending like this guy led to some major contributions to the science community. Yeah, he had some break throughs, but for the most part he was nothing but a doomsday fear monger. Just another Bill Nye or Neal Degrasse Tyson, talk big but no real contributions. The only reason the dude was famous, was because of his disease and his ability to survive it for so long.

Where is your resume to validate any of your claims?

Well Fulgore showing the full extent of his ignorance right there. I suppose you think Einstein was a lizard person or that the Earth is flat.

The "only" reason the guy was famous was because of his disease? The guy was already a celebrated scientist before his disease. No one is refuting that his condition enhanced his 'fame', but the dude was also the author of one of the highest selling books of all time. His disease just highlighted that he refused to let it ruin his life and career. It's genuinely sad that there are people in this world who think something so negative and ignorant about a brilliant mind. It's sad that people can't celebrate someone without someone else feeling the need to tear them down.

Freedom of speech is one thing. That doesn't mean your speech is free of consequence and criticism.

Well Fulgore showing the full extent of his ignorance right there. I suppose you think Einstein was a lizard person or that the Earth is flat.

The "only" reason the guy was famous was because of his disease? The guy was already a celebrated scientist before his disease. No one is refuting that his condition enhanced his 'fame', but the dude was also the author of one of the highest selling books of all time. His disease just highlighted that he refused to let it ruin his life and career. It's genuinely sad that there are people in this world who think something so negative and ignorant about a brilliant mind. It's sad that people can't celebrate someone without someone else feeling the need to tear them down.

Freedom of speech is one thing. That doesn't mean your speech is free of consequence and criticism.

Lol I stopped reading as soon as you grouped me with the flat earthers.

Now I feel you're trolling

Now I feel you're trolling
Your feelings are wrong though.

If you're counting me in the "negativity", let's not forget he found this funny:

stephen.png

Everywhere I go it's "science, science, science..." posts from people who probably aren't even familiar with his work. We can't celebrate his life and decide to skip over one of his most endearing qualities which I came to find was his incredible sense of humor. It was one of the things I ended up liking him more for than anything else.

Think he missed out on the opportunity to do a Netflix comedy special. Definitely one of those people you don't think "I wonder if ____ is gonna go this year". Thought the guy was immortal :(

FulGore probably disagrees with Hawking.

RIP Hawking :(

Well...You can disprove a scientist, disagreeing doesn't make sense

Disagreeing does make sense, as it can lead to wanting to disprove. however, at this point, it doesn't look like it's worth responding to FulGore.

Jesus Christ.. I don't envy Ernez at all in these situations.

Anyway on topic, in quite saddened to hear of Hawkings' death, a man with both a brilliant mind and a brilliant sense of humor as well as an inspiration to people dealing with their own disabilities and set-backs.

He certainly wasnt perfect, there is no one who ever is, but earth has objectively suffered a bad loss.

I bet he isn't atheist anymore.

He's dead. He's nothing anymore.

His body died, his energy has been dispersed throughout the universe though. Probably already reborn on another planet.

k stop, I feel this is the limit and you're trollin too much.

Least he can't kill us all with a black hole now.

Wonder how Sheldon feels now?

In srs, RIP.

edit: LMAO at Fulgore

Archived