Official NXT Takeover: New Orleans Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't act like you always contribute in conversations. Sometimes you post simple little things as well.

Kairi and Shayna has been fine so far. Yeah they're booking could get messed up too but you made it seem like it was a given that the next champion would be messed around with as well

Actually, I didn't. If you took it that way then that is your own problem. I am just laying out possibilities. Possibilities that could very likely happen.

Just ignore him, Kombatant.

Anyways, I wish Shayna had just beat Ember and sent her ass to Smackdown or whatever. She has to win it now. If you look at Ember's career path you can see why it would never work. She should've just gotten called up after losing to Asuka for the second time. She proved that she couldn't beat the champ and had to wait till she left to become champion. Add to that her character or lack there of, and her not so great promo skills and you have a recipe for failure.

No actually, you see the difference here is that I am inviting more on-topic discussion. That is literally all I was doing, I wanted Kombatant to explain himself so we can talk about it. What you did was pick on Ziggy over his words for no other reason than you wanted to be a dick to someone. It was completely off topic.

Reported. Again, hopefully this time your continuous flame baiting is acted upon.

The thing that killed Ember was how she handled her initial loss to Asuka. They tried to make her seem more human and emotional, and I understand their line of thinking, but the execution was brutal. Ended up coming off like a "woe is me" teenager rather than a grown woman.

Exactly.

I was already somewhat iffy on Ember from the start. Her entrance starts off as dark, brooding and mysterious; and then when her music hits, she's all smiling and rilling up the crowd and stuff. Ideally, I'd like it if Ember was a bit more stoic and less animated.

It's hard to deny Ember's ring skills, though. I think she's at the very top of all women in the company right now.

I think she's a bit overrated in the ring, to be honest. She can do cool moves and is clearly on the upper echelon when it comes to women in WWE's rosters but I felt since day one that her fundamentals aren't that good. I thought her second Asuka match was really good but wasn't as enamoured with it as some people were, the first match I thought was just good, some people thought it was great. Besides those two matches I don't recall anything else she did that caught my eye. I'm sure she had good matches in the indies.

I don't think the match was bad, nor was it good. Ember did a good job of selling, but I felt like the match dragged out a bit too long and the chemistry just wasn't all there. I wouldn't doubt it if their second match is a lot better, though.

Also, just when I thought the Women's division in NXT was about to pick back up, it hits a low point yet again after the Wargames show. It really just feels like Ember, Shayna and Kairi are the whole division at this point with others like Belair and Evans having random squash-like matches every other week. The absence of the Iconic Duo and Nikki Cross not doing a whole lot hasn't made the division enjoyable - and personally, Ember as champion just doesn't make it any better to me.

I think we might be getting a soft reboot of the division post Mania callups. I fully expect Iconic Duo, Sanity and if she loses the belt, Ember to be called up on the RAW/SD after Mania, at which point we'll probably be seeing more of the MYC signees getting pushed. Kairi and Shayna are being set up as top face and heel respectively, and they are showcasing Bianca, Lacey and Candice more, they just need to show off a few more of the ladies.

Ember/Shayna was alright up until they rolled around on the floor for 10 minutes that ended up in a roll-up. I feel like it was the worst NXT women's title match in a long long time, I don't even remember Bayley/Nia being that dull.

I don't think the match was bad, nor was it good. Ember did a good job of selling, but I felt like the match dragged out a bit too long and the chemistry just wasn't all there. I wouldn't doubt it if their second match is a lot better, though.

I hated her selling. But then again that wasn't totally her fault, the booking did her no favours. It really annoyed me when she hit the eclipse and wasn't able to move towards Baszler for the pin. Your arm hurts, not your legs.

• 2 weeks later...

OH BABY

nCyedpY.jpg

just a heads up: this came from a accidental facebook post on WWE's page which announced all the matches lol... so if you want to be surprised watch out for that!

Logo is pretty cool, but generic looking for a themed specific logo which they usually do. Wish they had more New Orleans elements drawn in.

Archived