Breaking news: NXT to debut a new championship

Jmerc

I can't judge the titles name until I see the title itself, but holy shit that match is a fantastic set-up.

Honestly, doesn't matter to me WHO wins, because I'm fine with any of them winning... except maybe Lars.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't judge the titles name until I see the title itself, but holy shit that match is a fantastic set-up.

Honestly, doesn't matter to me WHO wins, because I'm fine with any of them winning... except maybe Lars.

Thought I was the only one not really crazy about Lars.

I mean, the UK title is basically NXT's unofficial midcard belt at the moment, so I'm wondering what this means for that belt. The new one seems a little...pointless.

Didn't read the rumored matches...but I would like Velveteen Dream to win the inaugural match.

Yeah at the moment. How is the new one pointless when it's an official new NXT title? The inaugural match will be a big one at a major Take Over event.

I mean, the UK title is basically NXT's unofficial midcard belt at the moment, so I'm wondering what this means for that belt. The new one seems a little...pointless.

Didn't read the rumored matches...but I would like Velveteen Dream to win the inaugural match.

Yeah at the moment. How is the new one pointless when it's an official new NXT title? The inaugural match will be a big one at a major Take Over event.

It's pointless because it fills the same void that the UK belt currently fills. Just book Pete to defend his belt more often and you'd get the same result.

...That's exactly what I'm saying Kombatant. Why make a completely new belt when you have one that already accomplishes what this one will and just needs to be featured a bit more? Just start booking the UK title as the official midcard title, instead of over saturating the brand with more titles.

It's pointless because it fills the same void that the UK belt currently fills. Just book Pete to defend his belt more often and you'd get the same result.

That's the thing, though; the UK title isn't defended as often as we'd like for it to be defended - and I don't think it's meant to be, hence one of the reasons why they've decided unveil a new title.

...That's exactly what I'm saying Kombatant. Why make a completely new belt when you have one that already accomplishes what this one will and just needs to be featured a bit more? Just start booking the UK title as the official midcard title, instead of over saturating the brand with more titles.

Yeah I know, I changed my post. Whichever title is fine as long as there's one official new one.

The UK title could have been temporarily for all we know and that's why it hasn't been defended often. It's not pointless because we don't know what the plan is.

Just because it's been used doesn't mean it should keep being used as the only mid card title when it's not an actual NXT title

^ That's actually true. It's not like it's labeled as the NXT UK Championship, it's simply the UK Championship. However, that does beg the question as to why the only place the UK title is ever defended in WWE is on NXT, and not on any of the main shows like RAW/SD or PPVs.

As I mentioned earlier, WWE could easily have the UK title as NXT's midcard belt, but evidently they don't want it to be presented as such; otherwise, it would be defended at practically every other Takeover show. The title is mainly defended across the pond, which I think is better than it being defended often in the states right now - which, again, is the reason why I believe they've decided to bring in the North American title.

Hopefully it means they're closer to finally getting that UK-based WWE show up and running

Should've just used the UK title permanently.

Also, since the thread is a spoiler thread already, pretty sure spoiler tags aint needed.

It could also mean that there is news on a possible UK show coming up.

Are people seriously saying they should just retire the UK title? Oh wait it's Muur, nvm.

The UK title was never meant to be an NXT title, NXT TV was just a place holder for it to be seen in the mean time. If they use it as an official NXT title now, they can't easily transition it out of NXT to use it somewhere else when the time is right.

Curious that there was no updates on the UK show, since the ITV project flopped. I'm sure there was no correlation between the two like people on here said, though.

The UK title is still a thing, right?

Just in case some big UK channel starts to make noise.

Curious that there was no updates on the UK show, since the ITV project flopped. I'm sure there was no correlation between the two like people on here said, though.

You think 9/11 was an inside job? Or that lizard people exist too? Gotta love those conspiracy theories.

Ofcourse. Same with all the other 100 titles the WWE has, just in case in some country wrestling is on TV

Archived