Tag Team Match
Bobby Lashley & John Cena vs. Kevin Owens & Elias
kbcTeNB.jpg
Smackdown Live Tag Team Championship Match
Tag Team Match
The New Day © vs. The Bar
WCmel2o.jpg
Original Post:

WrestlingRumors.net reported earlier today that WWE is looking to hold a huge PPV event in Australia later this year.
According to the article, The Melbourne Cricket Ground will possibly be the site for the event. The arena can hold over 100,000 people and is named the 10th largest stadium on Earth.
The last big show WWE had in Australia was the Global Warning Tour back in 2002. The announcement of this PPV is set to occur after Wrestlemania 34 and could possibly shatter the attendance record in the country.
Source: LOP

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if they did, they wont sell 100,000 tickets

They'll sell like 20k then downsize. Also likely to be a Network special like Beast in the East

I didn't realize their Australian market was big enough for them to attempt this, especially when they haven't even done a PPV (bar TakeOver) in the UK is so long.

I doubt it would be. I think Wembley would be one of the few to manage it, purely because it will attract the entirety of Europe (unless we leave the EU lol)

I see no chance that the Aussies would sell 100k. Australian football averages 35k, their cricket averages 60k. Those are their top two sports. Their 2017 football final did 100,021. That was their biggest crowd since 1986, which had 101,861

If they've only broke 100k twice since 1986 and it's their top sport - they're not doing it for WWE. I guess the one off spectacle could bring more people in but nah.

There are other instances in which they've filled out 130k for cricket but again, that's their main sport. Also this was of course forever ago, they can't do 130k any more as their stadiums aren't that big any more due to seats replacing standing areas.

Oh and the biggest Stadium there is 100,024. Might be tough to sell out all those tickets and it wouldn't be 100,024 showing up cuz that wont happen lol

Melbourne Cricket Ground is huge. As someone who's watched West Indies play on that ground, believe me.

This is all fine and dandy.......as long as WWE don't overprice the tickets.

I don't think they can pull it off though.

They don't need Emma when they have NICK MILLER.

They can also use Iconic Duo.

Buddy Murphy. Dude got a huge reaction last time NXT did a show in Australia. If he were to be Cruiserweight champion by then his reaction might be even bigger this time.

They might fill it if the tickets are reasonable. It would definitely be a fun thing to attend if it was worth the ticket. But they can't be charging a ridiculous sum for it. I'd say $30 is probably the going rate for something like that. If I was a an Australian and this was something that was available to me, I would definitely get my friends together and say "let's go". But again...the value has to be there. They can't be greedy with this.

Wait...the headline definitely threw me here. They plan to hold a PPV in the arena...not just air it there. I misread this as them simply showing a PPV in the arena...

• 3 months later...

Archived