WWE Show Discussion

PaperThinWalls

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a while I thought that whole list was strictly to set up the US Title program. Maybe it would have been better if they let fans vote? Writers would at least know for sure what fans want to see

The infuriating thing is everyone knows what we want to see, but what we want to see is not what they want to give us.

Is it too late for ABA Taker? I feel like they would've needed to explain it/him if they were going to go that way... I guess there is 1 more RAW before Mania

I think Cena has done a good enough job humanizing Taker enough to where he can just come out as ABA now. Once he talked about Instagram there was no turning back lol

I would imagine there would be a huge portion of the WWE Universe that hasn't ever seen ABA before though. They only know the Deadman (mostly kids). I guess I just always assume the majority of the audience are kids.

I would imagine there would be a huge portion of the WWE Universe that hasn't ever seen ABA before though. They only know the Deadman (mostly kids). I guess I just always assume the majority of the audience are kids.

I think you're underestimating the Mania crowd a bit there.

I think you're underestimating the Mania crowd a bit there.

Some wrestling fans always do.

"Western audiences won't know who Nakamura is. He is not going to get a pop."

"The casual audience won't mark out over Nakamura winning the rumble."

It's quite annoying, because PPV crowds have proven to get the benefit in doubt

Casual audiences don't go to PPVs.

This Cena/Taker storyline has actually really confused me more than anything. Of course I get it on paper and the story but its like, is Cena supposed to be going into this as Takers equal legendary status wise? And I couldve swore Cena made fun of Reigns beating an old man with a bad hip. Yet he challengers Taker the old man with the bad hip. I just dont get the logic. Not one has Cena said he needs to define his legacy by beating Taker. Its like hes just this I deserve to face Taker because I cant get myself on the card. Theyre making Taker a last resort and if it leads to Taker winning Im going to die of laughter.

Good point. That only makes me even less interested in it. I think it would have been better if Biker Taker was the one calling out Cena for 1 last match...but oh well.

Wouldn't make much sense to me for Undertaker to call out Cena for a match at WM (or anyone, for that matter), regardless of whether Cena or anyone else made disparaging remarks about him a while back or not.

The story is that Undertaker is old, tired and worn out - and given his descisve loss at WM against Reigns last year over who's "yard" it is and Reigns subsequently declaring that it's "his yard", Undertaker doesn't want to come back and compete...especially not WM. Not only that, but the few moments after the match pretty much symbolized that he was done - not just as the Deadman, but done completely.

Also, Cena's desperation to get on the card at 'Mania against Undertaker makes sense to me. He's not dumb enough to try and place himself against someone that isn't completely worth facing. Yeah, he referred to Undertaker as "a guy with a bad hip" or w/e, but he also knows the guy's worth and status in the company despite other people and probabaly Undertaker himself feeling as though whatever legacy he had is tarnished at this point. Couple that with the fact that Cena's a living legend in his own right with 16 World title reigns under his belt, it at least makes for a interesting match-up considering the two have never fought at WM. A list of some of the biggest names of all-time have fought Taker at WM except for Cena.

Archived