Future Gameplay Ideas and Improvements Thread

EJ!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ability to pick what type of pin Style you want like Undertaker's or on the back looking one leg

Cool idea. I also want the ability to pick how we stand up in certain points of the match. Like you can sit up like Taker or kip up like Shawn or roll to your feet.

Ive been thinking about the roll-out system. I already talked about how the same animation should carry over to

manual roll-outs but now I also think that even the multi-man match rollouts should be manual as well. The game shouldnt decide for me when I need to go out and recover. As a player I should realize Im getting my ass whooped and decide when to go out myself. This way we can still play strategically or even work matches more accurately.

Ability to pick what type of pin Style you want like Undertaker's or on the back looking one leg

Cool idea. I also want the ability to pick how we stand up in certain points of the match. Like you can sit up like Taker or kip up like Shawn or roll to your feet.

Ive been thinking about the roll-out system. I already talked about how the same animation should carry over to

manual roll-outs but now I also think that even the multi-man match rollouts should be manual as well. The game shouldnt decide for me when I need to go out and recover. As a player I should realize Im getting my ass whooped and decide when to go out myself. This way we can still play strategically or even work matches more accurately.

I can see that being abused though

I can see that being abused though

Not if they have the limits like they used to

If 2k could figure out how to have multiple players together without lag I'd imagine an online backstage free roam could be fun. Imagine entering a lobby of say 10-15 players per session.

Everyone has their own locker room that they can go in out of plus invite people to hang out. Can form factions with friends/randoms and have a blast brawling non stop in and out of the building with no goal in mind other than fun.

And if its a match you want you could go out to the ring and call people out to accept a challenge or confront them backstage to do the same thing.

Not sure if this was mentioned already but I'd really like to see more on the ropes moves. I mean like if your opponent is on the top rope you can come over & shake the ropes or like say when undertaker goes for Old School you can reverse it then he drops down onto the ropes & can u either strike or do a grapple move

1. Option to slow the pace way down

2. Need more vocals such as grunts for every attack from the characters. Feels like mutes wrestling. Helps sell the moves and attacks

3. D-pad should have one taunt for each character to be able to scream

4. More strength test option and more chain wrestling throughout the whole match

Look at this for example

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oeoFKUI3zv4

I mentioned this in the 2K forums but I think the OMG system could use a change. I'm lazy so i'll just copy and paste what I said there.

People are free to disagree but I think the way to go for finishers, instead of throwing out the current momentum system, is to add more varirty of ways to get momentum.
For instance, if it were my decision, i'd separate OMGs from finishers by giving them their own slots, tone down the damage OMG give some and instead have OMGs guarantee giving you finishers (the amount recieved depending on the OMG). I would also give OMGs correct recovery time for both guys so that they arent abusable for pins and by doing so, incorporate OMGs into the end sequences of finisher roulette better.

for CAW mode, they should have been able to give the ingame wrestlers hairstyles, tattoos, or more "generic" in game wrestlers attires for caws, just keep what they have, add to it and impliment the changes that EJ and others have suggested, no importing though as that would make them lazy and provide no incentive really.

Also to truly make this game what it could be, it would not need to be a yearly release and the WWE would need to let them do a year or two to work out the kinks and whatnot, but that is not going to happen.

How about to add to create Arena a little subsection called create a show which basically you'll create your special wrestler talk show like The Cutting Edge or the Highlight Reel the peep show Carlitos Cabana and has all the different props from all those talk shows in it and you just set it in a promo spot

How about to add to create Arena a little subsection called create a show which basically you'll create your special wrestler talk show like The Cutting Edge or the Highlight Reel the peep show Carlitos Cabana and has all the different props from all those talk shows in it and you just set it in a promo spot

Not a bad idea.

On a similar note, Create a Show needs to be integrated in to the final part of CAA. It's ridiculous that you have to go in to a whole different mode to fill in basic information.

I can't help but feel it was just a means of adding a 'new' feature for the sake of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Im sure this hard to program but commentary needs a real overhaul. What I think they should do is have commentary rely strictly on damage/stamina which means I shouldnt hear about how Cena can speak Chinese or anybodys family history or power rankings past a certain point in the match. Just like stamina and damage, commentary should be tiered. Everything is green and blue, then we can hear mild play-by-play and mostly banter. Getting into yellow, play-by-play picks up and the color is only about the current match, what needs to be done and what body parts are injured. In the red and purple, play by play is emotional and color talks about the quality of the match thus far and start making hot take predictions on a winner.

I really hate that commentary has been so bad for so long.

The crowd is the same. Their reactions make no sense sometimes. They'll cheer the hell out of a snapmare but are completely silent for a dramatic kickout at 2 after a finisher.

Im sure this hard to program but commentary needs a real overhaul. What I think they should do is have commentary rely strictly on damage/stamina which means I shouldnt hear about how Cena can speak Chinese or anybodys family history or power rankings past a certain point in the match. Just like stamina and damage, commentary should be tiered. Everything is green and blue, then we can hear mild play-by-play and mostly banter. Getting into yellow, play-by-play picks up and the color is only about the current match, what needs to be done and what body parts are injured. In the red and purple, play by play is emotional and color talks about the quality of the match thus far and start making hot take predictions on a winner.

This x1000. That's a great proposal. I've thought of something similar of how commentary should tie into the progression of a match but u broke it down in a more simplistic way that I think is more idealistic and practical. At least that's a start in the right direction... Just wish the commentators could evoke more emotion into it. My idea would be (at least for play by play) to record the commentary team covering a couple of different simulation matches between wrestlers they have to mocap moves in their studio. Inform both parties (wrestlers and commentators) of what they want and whats to go on and let them do what they do. I would think that would help commentary sound more organic but the process maybe more complicated than I'd imagine. It may even require more man hours.

The crowd is the same. Their reactions make no sense sometimes. They'll cheer the hell out of a snapmare but are completely silent for a dramatic kickout at 2 after a finisher.

I think the crowd reactions should also tie in with the progression of a match in the way EJ presented above, involving the stamina/damage system. Maybe even leveling along with the match rating/star system.

This x1000. That's a great proposal. I've thought of something similar of how commentary should tie into the progression of a match but u broke it down in a more simplistic way that I think is more idealistic and practical. At least that's a start in the right direction... Just wish the commentators could evoke more emotion into it. My idea would be (at least for play by play) to record the commentary team covering a couple of different simulation matches between wrestlers they have to mocap moves in their studio. Inform both parties (wrestlers and commentators) of what they want and whats to go on and let them do what they do. I would think that would help commentary sound more organic but the process maybe more complicated than I'd imagine. It may even require more man hours.

I think the crowd reactions should also tie in with the progression of a match in the way EJ presented above, involving the stamina/damage system. Maybe even leveling along with the match rating/star system.

Agreed.

I know this might get flack but less legends and more current day people. I can understand all of the UKCT people like Devlin, Connor, Wolfgang and the others not being in the game as they have contracts elsewhere. But, I mean like NXT people who were already in WWE like Aliyah, Liv, Mandy or CWC people like Ariya Daivari, Mustafa Ali, Tony Nese, Lince Dorado......I think they would be more welcomed to be played as than freaking Papa Shango, The Bushwhackers, or freaking Godfather.

I know this might get flack but less legends and more current day people. I can understand all of the UKCT people like Devlin, Connor, Wolfgang and the others not being in the game as they have contracts elsewhere. But, I mean like NXT people who were already in WWE like Aliyah, Liv, Mandy or CWC people like Ariya Daivari, Mustafa Ali, Tony Nese, Lince Dorado......I think they would be more welcomed to be played as than freaking Papa Shango, The Bushwhackers, or freaking Godfather.

Hey man no disrespect but I dont really want the argument thats sure to follow this post to happen in this thread. This thread is supposed to be gameplay focused, there is a roster thread available. Thanks bro.

Alright, well gameplay wise there is a few things they should either fix or get rid of.

- Get rid of the whole reversal lock thing. Where if you get a big move reversed, you are basically phacked until the little meter goes down which really phacks up the play.

- Fix the whole thing with gear where if like for AJ Styles' jacket with the hood. Whether we change the gear color, it stops working or we change Charlotte's gear, she no longer takes off her robe in her entrance (personally, I think she should keep on like 30 layers of clothes but that's me) but fix it so that if someone has a cool entrance add on, IT SHOULD WORK NO MATTER IF I CHANGE FREAKING BOOT COLORS.

- Fix the whole thing with belts clipping through gear. If someone wears a leather jacket, the championship belt should not be worn around the jacket. The only person that works for is freaking Finn Balor. I mean, I think it works for like Charlotte under her robe but with the whole thing with Alexa having her "Little Miss Bliss" hoodie, the belt should be under the hoodie, not over it. Same with a lot of Ziggler's entrances. Like if you give him his old red and black stripper like jacket, The belt should be under it, not over it.

- Please give us more options when it comes to like race or selection. Not all black people have just cornrows, dreads, or afros. On a similar side tangent, I would love to see them add in the Kilmonger hairstyle from Black Panther, that joint is freaking dope. Although I can see it being ruined people having like red versions or blue versions of it looking like a walmart version of 6ix9ine but back on track, give us cooler gear choices for our people.

- Please, get rid of those crappy loot boxes. Replace it with a match system. If you are playing MyCareer and like you want Neville's old gear, face him like 3 times and beat him. Or if you want to use the Tyebreaker v2, let me face Dillinger and if I beat him, I can use the move. Or leave in the VC thing and just have it as a shop style thing. If you want to learn how to do a move, become a workout partner for that person. Buying gear should either be visiting the tailor like in 2K18, or allow me to buy the plain version of like Dolph's gear from a shop and go to a tailor to customize it.

- Not really a gameplay improvement, more of like a game improvement. Give us constant updates or patches until at least a few months before the new game drops. Or pull a Mortal Kombat and don't release a game every freaking year and just release one every 2-3 with newer people and more choices.

I still want picture-in-picture replays but Im guessing it would be too graphically demanding at this point. Plus Im not sure if the game would know what is replay worthy.

I still want picture-in-picture replays but Im guessing it would be too graphically demanding at this point. Plus Im not sure if the game would know what is replay worthy.

It doesn't even know that now. :lol:

One small fix I'd like to see is them work on turnbuckle diving animations with a customized jumping animation. Things like Savages elbow, the 450, the 630, all look great but they look awkward at the start because their custom jump animation looks really awkward when they stand up as if they are about to jump, and then they go into it.

The Coup De Grace fixes this by not having that stand animation before the jump, I think the other moves could benefit from it as well.

Archived