Future Gameplay Ideas and Improvements Thread

EJ!

I have a couple of ideas that would be great for the future and it's inspired from the new strap down mechanics and the facepaint damage.

They should add in shirts off mechincs where a wrestler takes off his shirt, like Baron Corbin, or even better, Jeff Hardy. He wear that long sleeve shirt, but when he takes it off in real like, it show his bare body with his unique hardy sleeves. I would like to see that in the future games, Hardy taking off the shirt the way he does in real life.

Also, and this is in the facepaint damage category, somethign that would be a nice touch is hair damage. Hair damage is a lil mechaiic that happens as the course of the match goes on. For example, let say you had Andrade Almas with his hair tied neatly into a ball like ponytail facing Gargano, and Gargano deals some serious offense to Almas, and overtime, causing his ponytail to be undone, and he'll have short long hair showing, and it'll also be a bit messed up due to fatique and such. That would be cool to see, as it adds some bit of realism to the matches. We see them sweat in previous games and up to now, but never see their hair sometimes messed up during and after the matches in game.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0VM0LV.gif

jqB0nB.gif

I'd like to see 2k make it possible for certain submission holds to be able to fought out of as well as kept locked in much like in this match here. I think such a mini game or something like that could only add more realism and fun to matches.

Benoit and Angle also did something similar with the Ankle Lock/Cross face.

I like it.^^^

Id like a mini-game for whenever we are down so when can help ourselves get back up all dependent on damage and stamina. There would be three zones in a meter, the biggest zone would be to get up on all fours, the second zone would be smaller and would be to get up to one knee, and the last and smallest zone would be to stand fully up. The zones would change size depending on how much stamina youve recovered. More stamina = bigger zones, but if youve been badly beaten its gonna be tough no matter what. Imagine hitting the last zone perfectly to get up just in time to break up a pin in a triple threat match. Resiliency equipped means you can use a stored finisher to get up if you want.

The laid out pose shouldnt just happen after finishers.

Commentary is so so so bad and I wish they could find a way to make if better because its getting ridiculous every year. If I time constraints are an issue I personally dont mind them using Mauro and Nigel or Mauro and whoever else has time to record some decent commentary. I would take Percy at this point.

As per Caw Mode, more presets would be nice. Not just for faces, but for bodies and attributes as well. I would like to see the return of an in game paint tool, but take advantage of the updated hardware. like Photoshop super lite.

Create an Arena, we should be able to remove sections of the audience to allow more area to brawl. enable crowd brawling in all arenas. Removing and adding sections can allow the creation of more unique arenas, such a LU.

Paint tool with updated photoshop like tools is definitely needed. Especially for face import. I'm tired of having to go back and rework an image on my pc because of a dark spot or something else I may have missed before.

Also agree with the pre set faces. Been wanting to see NPC be part of that. I mean it be a caw so it's not like it would take anything away from the actual model being non playable.

Create an Arena, we should be able to remove sections of the audience to allow more area to brawl. enable crowd brawling in all arenas. Removing and adding sections can allow the creation of more unique arenas, such a LU.

One really simple thing i've been asking for for a long time is the ability to remove (or simply make something transparent, if, for whatever reason, that's easier to code).

Silly things like removing the barriers and mats, for example. Remove portions of the crowd, as you say. Give it a real, cheap indy feel.

Also, I hugely want to be able to remove all of the WWE banners they're adamant on putting in, but I can't see that ever being an option. They must have been included for a reason.

Even the ability to remove ring ropes, post etc. I used to backyard wrestle back in the day, so wrestling on a 'ring base' would be awesome!

Reversals NEED to stop being the only method of difficulty, because its a ridiculously bad way to go about making the game harder. You're turning the game into an RNG machine doing that, especially since reversals tend to be buggy and inconsistent.

My old bracing idea which was mentioned earlier may help with that, but there needs to be more to it than that. There needs to be reliable ways to block damage when the reversal system decides to bullshit you. First and most obvious, stats need to mean more than they do. If I have 100 in movement speed, I shouldn't still look like i'm going for a light jog (and good GOD get rid of that *censored*ing jogging animation for running). When I'm setting up for a spear or something and i've got 100 max movement speed, I should explode out of the gate like i'm Usain Bolt. Not only would it make the actual running move animations look less idiotic (because the slow movement speed in the game makes all of them look like they shouldn't hurt at all) but it'd make it harder to time reversals.

The AI in general needs serious work. Not just in how idiotic it can be in matches, but in how it will blatantly cheat to make up for that idiocy. I don't care what anyone says, I fully believe there's something in the game, some RNG god that decides that it wants the player to lose a match and so it gives the AI every ridiculous ability available. The AI suddenly becomes able to reverse every move ever (which makes a match unwinnable if you happen to have less reversal slots than it does), your reversals suddenly start always "missing" or in some cases it just doesn't bother to show reversals for moves at all. Hell, even animations suddenly start being wonky in the AIs favour. Get your comeback? Well, you hit the button but he just got knocked down without the comeback actually starting, and now you've run out of it. Go for a running tackle? Well, the hit detection decided it doesn't exist so you just sail right by them despite that it should've hit.

Of course, this is only for you, the AI never has these issues.

And for the record, I don't want the AI to act like it's a computer trying to beat me. I want it to act like a wrestler. I want high flyers to consistently fly high, I want show-offs to.. well, show off, to the point where it may be detrimental. I do not want the AI to have super awareness where it always knows what you're going to do even if its facing away from you. It breaks the immersion of a good match.

Oh, and please for the love of all that is holy, separate OMGs from finishers. Give OMGs their own slots or something, but the idea that I have to choose between hitting a finisher and winning the match or using that finisher to hit an OMG that rarely ever wins the match is just comical. Separate the two.

And of course, I ask for this every year, give us a third finisher slot for Super Finishers. Its especially a good idea now that such an idea is starting to rear its head in WWE again, what with Cenas Avalanche AA, Almas's corner hung hammerlock DDT, Bliss's corner hung DDT, etc.

I hope they work on the animations for a some of the reversals. Tired of seeing that firemans carry in particular. I want matches to feel more like Im watching the show or a ppv.

I would love for the corner vs grounded opponent moves to also be regular running, standing, or rebound moves so you can catch people out of nowhere with those particular animations.

I wanna hit a discus big boot off the rebound or a running Essex Destroyer

You know how we press circle/B in the middle of moves for pin combos? I think it would be cool if we could press the wake-up taunt button during moves to have our opponent stand right up into a groggy position after taking the move. Then we could kill people with our own combos.

Actually to add to this, I would love it if we could manually trigger position feeding mid-move so we can set up other moves. Well say the button is L1. So say we tap L1 during a d-throw move and we aim the move towards the corner, upon landing the opponent would begin crawling to sit in the corner, if we hold L1 they would crawl to their feet in the corner. Where this idea gets a little tricky is when you aim towards the ropes, I guess holding L1 would send the opponent rolling outside, tapping it would have them climbing to a groggy position against the ropes, double tapping it would have them groggy on the apron. Maybe L1 + R1 would have them kneeling against the ropes.

To add a little more, to have the opponent get up facing away from you, you would click the right stick. If you want them to sit up upon landing you would hold the right stick in the down direction, flick it down if you want them to turn over upon landing. Flick the right stick up if you want to them to get up to a bent over position, flick it right to have them get up to both knees, flick it left to have them get up on one knee.

Again this is just to help us keep in engaged with everything we do and allows for creativity as we can turn our signatures and other moves into legitimate set ups for barrages of attacks if our opponents allow it. Also, this is an easy way to create comebacks for ourselves in the middle of a match.

Multi-man matches are already pretty fun but I was thinking of a couple ways they can be made even better.

First things first, we gotta have some tower of dooms. Problem is figuring out how to implement it. I was pondering and I think I figured it mostly. So first, top rope grapples have to be interactive, living moves meaning they can be actively fought out or interrupted and I touched on this in my original post, the top rope battles for the advantageous position. So assume this is how top rope grapples work, similar to how ladder gameplay is. In a 6-man match, a wrestler goes up for a superplex. Another player comes in and interrupts that superplex by coming behind and grappling the suplexer. A meter comes up, the same meter for pulling down a briefcase except much faster. You get one shot to get the dot in circle. If you make it, you pull down the other two guys for a 3-man tower slam. If you miss, you just add yourself to the tower. Another guy comes to try, the meter is a little slower now, but he still fails. He adds himself to the middle rope part of the tower. To recap, the two guys from the original superplex attempt, two guys on the middle rope. A fifth guy comes in, now the meter is much slower but for some reason he still misses. He gets one of the middle tier guys in powerbomb position. Finally, a 6th man comes in and now there's no meter, his involvement automatically triggers the fall. The higher on the tower you are, the more damage you take, but the lower on the tower you are, the more stamina you lose. The original superplex victim can separate from the tower if he times his reversal right so that he's sitting pretty on the top rope, free to dive on whoever. Pretty good, right?

Now imagine a tag team match. Same superplex situation. The potential superplex victim's partner comes from behind and instead of a grappling, he goes to *carry* the superplexer off the turnbuckle in either a powerbomb, electric chair, torture rack, elevated german, or back suplex position. Same meter applies. This opens up the possibility for potential makeshift tag moves with the a guy waiting to dive off the top rope.

There just need to be more shared interactions. So if two guys strike the same person at the same time, an animation should play out that would have those two guys beating down on that one guy. This would look good when Braun is involved. I've talked about multi-man dives in my original post. One thing I always thought was cool was the double german suplex (think Wrestlemania 22's Orton vs Angle vs Mysterio). So I figured this would be done with the carry system. Assuming we have added a german suplex carry position (two versions: regular which is more like a waistlock drag, and the elevated which is an actual carry, like a rear bearhug), we got Orton with Rey in german carry position, then comes Angle from behind with a grapple and now the pin meter/weight detection meter I talked about earlier appears and Angle has one shot to hit the zone for a successful double german suplex. Same stamina/damage effects from the tower of doom. It doesn't have to be just germans, it can be different behind carries into customizable double moves.

Lastly, hit detection has to be greatly improved. We need "1 vs multiple" attack capabilities. Already talked about multi-man dives, but say I run at two nearby opponents and strike, I should be able to clothesline both opponents or dropkick them or the little opponent assisted tornado DDT, the possibilities of this simple movement are near endless, with diving/springboard moves as well. I'm playing as Braun and I'm carrying an opponent in Military Press position and I see my other opponent coming close, imagine being able to toss one opponent into the other, or better yet toss the opponent outside into a crowd of people, or drop one opponent onto a downed opponent. Also there should be certain selectable moves in CAM that can be altered to involve another opponent, examples being the running bulldog into a clothesline, double DDT, double chokeslam, things like that. Breaking up moves should look more realistic. if I come in and superkick a dude right before he lifts someone else for a powerbomb, it should connect like a superkick instead of the powerbomb attempt oddly exploding like it does currently.

Please find a way to import caws from previous games. I know it's hard, but man I'm tired of remaking my CAWs every year

This would be cool but at the same time it would give the lazy devs a reason to not improve caw mode anymore and just leave it as it is with the excuse that making changes to it would affect the ability to import past caws.

Please find a way to import caws from previous games. I know it's hard, but man I'm tired of remaking my CAWs every year

This would be cool but at the same time it would give the lazy devs a reason to not improve caw mode anymore and just leave it as it is with the excuse that making changes to it would affect the ability to import past caws.

imho...The CAW mode is currently at a stage were there is mostly adding-stuff that can be done. Unless the general in-game graphics get an upgrade, there is nothing more than adding (including the addition of new features) to be done

I would honestly take no improvements in CAW mode if it meant we could just import CAWs. It's such a silly process that we have to recreate everything year in, year out, for minor improvements.

I actually completely gave up this year, which fills me with sadness.

I'd like if the default movesets for the in-game roster were more balanced. There should be more basic, less impactful moves. I don't like people having big moves as medium grapples and I mistakenly hit a sitout powerbomb in the beginning of the match. Also tweak the AI so that they are not doing strong grapples and top rope grapples in the beginning of the match. Pacing.

I know it's unpopular to bring up the UFC games here but I have to. Striking in that game is beautiful. You see and feel every hit as their heads *censored* back from eating uppercuts and strong jabs. Striking in WWE is serviceable but the strong strikes is where they can take from UFC. UFC knockouts are varied, they're driven by the game's wonderful physics but there are still actual knockout animations that work within that physics system. The same flying knee could make guys fall back quickly, completely crumble or explode backwards, or bounce off the cage and fall on their face and it's all dependent what was happening before that knee landed. That's what WWE needs. I always talk about physics but I'm usually talking about bumps and falls which is simple enough, but for strikes, I'm talking about selling and reactions. Not everyone sells a superkick (for example) the same. Some people quickly fall back, some people are frozen as they fall, some people crumble, some people do a little spin, some people bump for it like a clothesline. Instead of fully canned animations, these should all be animated sells in the game for every strong strike that makes sense. While on the topic of strong strikes, the combos should be reversible mid-move. If that means they aren't canned anymore then so be it, as long as the victims react correctly to the hits ala UFC.

A recurring theme (which i'm so happy to hear) seems to be some form of varied selling, or ragdoll physics. I can only hope many bought this up in the feedback survey.

I'd love to see variation in the selling of moves!

Different ways to pin when hitting moves. For example, Sweet Chin Music should have a pin option, but depending on the hit points and/or stamina, the wrestler can either collapse and pin or do a bit of theatrics before pinning. A Spear should let one pin, but depending on how grueling the match was, it should be the wrestler down but putting his arm on the victim or doing a taunt before pinning.

And give us the option whether CPUs go for a pin after using signature move or straight to finisher. I don't think Goldberg ever pinned after a Spear, he just picked a wrestler up (no wakeup taunt?) and hit the Jackhammer.

I was just thinking, how do people feel about the HUD? I kinda think we should try the under the feet HUD again.

-Momentum

-damage

-stamina

-reversal slots (and bracing)

-finisher and signatures

-limb damage

I think all that can be turned into a concise multi-ring circle under the feet. What if in the center of the circle slowly filled with a feint yellow color as you build momentum until it softly flashes when you have a signature, it would stop flashing if you store it, then red for finishers, and then I guess orange or maybe just half yellow, half red whenever both a sig and finisher is stored. The first ring around that would be for stamina which could still have the same tiered system, then the next ring around that would be reversal slots, and the last ring would be a skinny little bracing meter. There would be no limb damage graphic because THERE SHOULD BE VISUAL CUES WHEN A LIMB IS HURT. Jesus why is there no limb selling? What would be even cooler is if for limb targeting, instead of the graphic coming up, you would see the player turn his head towards the body part as the body part highlights either a soft, feint red or with a button prompt, either one would work.

The old hud should be available for the people who prefer it.

Archived