Official Fastlane Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The report is 1.5 Mil for year in a 2 year deal. No way the report is accurate, from what I saw that came from a Sports Illustrated source that is often incorrect.

Just recently Jericho on Stone Cold's podcast was saying that Vince didn't give anyone more than 1 Mil base salary a year, no way Ziggler of all people would get 1.5.

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2018/02/14/wwe-news-ronda-rousey-wrestlemania-plans-dolph-ziggler-salary

What it says here is 'Ziggler, who opened and closed this week’s SmackDown, just signed a new two-year contract for a reported $1.5 million per year'. So that would mean 3M in total for a two year contract. But like I said I hear this guy isn't a very reliable source.

What legit reason would he have to bitch about anything?

It's not like he signed the contract before he knew the details of it. Dude is getting *censored*ing PAID - and I'm sure that's all he really cares about for the most part (regardless of how good or bad his booking may be). Otherwise, he would off went off to some Indy company knowing that they would make him a champion almost instantly.

What legit reason would he have to bitch about anything?

It's not like he signed the contract before he knew the details of it. Dude is getting *censored*ing PAID - and I'm sure that's all he really cares about for the most part (regardless of how good or bad his booking may be). Otherwise, he would off went off to some Indy company knowing that they would make him a champion almost instantly.

He always finds something negative to take a shot at his status with wwe in interviews, which is probably why he doesn't do much media interviews anymore

He may not be used as a serious main eventer but he's always been a solid mid carder. He was recently booked to randomly relinquish the US title but at least he was us champion again for 24 hrs. He just went over Sami Zayn to enter a 5 Way match for the wwe title at a ppv when he could just have been in the preshow against Tye Dillenger or something.

Yeah, I'm sure Dolph took a few jabs at WWE because of him being fed up with the position he had in the company. I'm guessing Dolph has come to realize that he won't go any further than he has been over the past several years (no WWE title runs, no WrestleMania main events or w/e) - and he's obviously content with it as long as he's bringing in the desired paycheck.

To me, he's a solid talent but his time on top should have been a couple of years ago. There are so many new talent on the rosters right now that I would prefer to see in the universe or wwe title scene such as Finn, Seth, Braun, AJ, Shinsuke, Bobby Roode, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn.

He's an IC/US title guy and should be in the near future but that's about it for his wwe career

From what I've read, only a handful of superstars are getting over a million a year. So if it's true that Ziggler is on 1.5m a year, then that's a pretty big deal. Even 750k is nice. Who needs to be wrestling classics in New Japan when you can get squashed by Corbin and still get that $$$

“It’d be unlikely because they usually top everyone off at a million,” Dave Meltzer said on Thursday’s Wrestling Observer Live. “So there are extenuating circumstances […] and usually the guys at a million are a little higher in the pecking order than Dolph. So I don’t know, I can check but based on the usual salary structure that sounds very unlikely.”

http://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/dolph-ziggler-is-making-a-lot-of-money-with-his-new-wwe-contract-how-much-is-the-real-question/

IhwDlAh.png

United States Championship Match

Singles Match

Booby Roode © vs. Randy Orton

6969Qab.jpg

Smackdown Live Tag Team Championship Match

Tag Team Match

The Usos © vs. The New Day

1HYFy3t.jpg

Smackdown Live Women's Championship Match

Singles Match

Charlotte Flair © vs. Ruby Riott