Official WrestleMania 34 Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly. If WrestleMania is long as hell while I'm going, I'm not about to complain.

And half of the first two hours is just preshow panel bullshit, with a match every little bit.

Right so thats food preperation time basically lol. It just annoys me when people complain about Manias being so long. Every single podcast i listen too carrys on about it

Idea - the stipulation for Taker/Cena is career vs title shot (lame tagline I know) - if Taker loses, he has to retire. If Cena loses, he can never challenge for a world championship again, meaning he can't break Flair's record.

I'm not opposed to this if they stick to it. However, I feel they would just run a story a few months later where he removes the stipulation by beating Triple H or Lesnar or something.

Unless you're there live...you don't have to watch everything. The Network has is it all available the minute it airs, so...it's up to you how much you watch it in one go.

There are other wrestling events on this planet that go as long and it's never expected that people just watch everything that happens. Ofcourse in the WWE they don't actually have a smart matchcard order, but that is quite irrelevant with the Network being a thing. I know that I won't be able to watch any of it until the Tuesday after 'mania.

I remember I was at WCW once when it was still around, The Giant was still there, I met goldberg, Jimmy Hart, and a few others, it was a fun experience and did not seem at all like 2 hours.

How old are you? I thought you were in your early twenties

I thought Punk-Taker was great personally, which is incredible to think about when you consider how hurt both dudes probably were at this time.

I thought Punk-Taker was great personally, which is incredible to think about when you consider how hurt both dudes probably were at this time.

Same. I was worried about it first, since the couple of matches Taker and Punk had before were very lackluster. I ended up enjoying this bout a lot more than both matches with Triple H.

The last one with Triple H will probably be remembered forever because of its moments and importance as it was the last time all 3 were in the same ring together sharing all that history.

Disappointed to see within a year, The Hardyz have gone from the biggest pop of the night at Wrestlemania 33, to Matt Hardy being in the Andre the Giant Battle Royal and Jeff Hardy potientally not even being on the card. At best, a surprise entrant in the battle royal.

Disappointed to see within a year, The Hardyz have gone from the biggest pop of the night at Wrestlemania 33, to Matt Hardy being in the Andre the Giant Battle Royal and Jeff Hardy potientally not even being on the card. At best, a surprise entrant in the battle royal.

It's a stacked roster. Bray was WWE Champion last year around this time

Triple H was recently interviewed by Raute Musik to promote WrestleMania 34. There, he answered whether he and wife Stephanie McMahon will be in the business as long as his father-in-law, Vince McMahon.

Hunter first gave an insight into how busy his life really is, working with WWE in such a prominent position.

Its a busy lifestyle, but you know, its funny because I dont necessarily see it that way. Yes, its busy. Yes, its a lot of work. Yes, its demanding, but if you are doing what you love to do. If you are in an environment you love to be in and are passionate about, it certainly makes it a lot easier, and it doesnt really seem like work. There was a funny moment, I put it out in a Tweet several weeks ago, in the span of a few days I flew 21,000 miles, and the circumference of the earth is 25,000 miles. It was a busy week. I spent a lot of time on the plane, working. It is something that we do, and its an exciting time. Yes, its busy but busy in a good way and its a good problem to have.

He answered whether he and his wife intend to be in the business of WWE as long as current WWE Chairman Vince McMahon has been.

I think for Vince McMahon, its his passion and his life. Its just who he is as a human being and as a person. For Stephanie, this has been her family business and her life, and a passion as well. Same thing for me. Ive had a long career and deeply into this. Vince McMahon will do this until he can no longer do it. I think we feel the same way. We have a strong passion for this, and for us to take his vision is very important for us. Take that vision, which he has done really well, to take that vision from where it is and beyond where it will be to bring the brand, the company, the business and all of it, like he did. To have a vision beyond what it is today and where it can go. I think that the WWE, in the form of entertainment, as a media juggernaut, and a content creator, and all of that, I think is just scratching the surface of where we can be in the future, and I look forward to that future. When Vince McMahon will no longer be around, I hope Stephanie and I can do it justice and in the future of where it needs to be and hopefully, futures beyond that will take it beyond anywhere we can imagine it to be.

As a former rival to Daniel Bryan, Hunter explains how Bryan was cleared and what this means for the leader of the Yes Movement.

The clearing of Daniel Bryan was a long time in process. That is something that Daniel Bryan, without WWE, had been working on for a very long time on his own because he had a desire to return to the ring. We knew what he was doing the entire time, and at the end of the day, we take the advice of the best medical people out there. When those medical people came to us and said that Daniel Bryan should no longer compete, that is what we went with, and in some ways it broke our heart to tell Bryan that, and certainly broke his heart, but like he said, it was his dream and he went and fought for it. Whether or not that fight would have been in vein none of us knew, but over time he began to show us results that were totally different than the medical professionals and it got to the point where he can return to action, and the medical professionals and beyond the professionals had said that he shouldnt compete were now saying he can now compete so that is what we go with.

He is now clear to return to the ring and we will keep an eye out for him. As I said, at the end of the day our first and foremost responsibility is the health and well being of our talent when they are on our roster. We want them to be as healthy as possible, for all of them. Long beyond the business aspect, there is a human being aspect so that is extremely important to us, and we will try to do our best for their health long-term, and this situation is no different. Personally, I am ecstatic for Daniel Bryan. Knowing him as a human being, all of it, to see him have this opportunity again. To see the passion where he does this, and to see what this all means to him is incredible.

Finally, Hunter answered why WWE have difficulties airing pay-per-views outside of the United States, in places such as the UK.

Any pay per view, or promotional event of that caliber are all difficult to put on and are all challenging. When you are talking about WrestleMania and a week-long series of events, that is difficult to put on in the United States, the difficulty level multiplies exponentially outside of the United States. That being said, we are definitely looking at possibilities into a lot of things. One thing we have shown, over the years is never say never. I know fans are hungry and excited for it if it happens. It is something we think about, and are logistically trying to figure out how it can work. Whether it is one of our standard pay per views or WrestleMania, we are certainly open to all of it, and as we always say, you never say never in WWE. We are open to all options, and without sounding cliches, but if it is best for business then we will certainly be open to doing it.

With H/T to WrestlingInc for the transcription.

You can hear the interview [in the source link] below.

https://wrestlingrumors.net/hunter-intends-business-mcmahon/

Taker's last match should have been Brock at Wrestlemania. Broken Streak should have been a way of passing on the torch and retiring. It was better than End of an Era. Not looking that much forward to Cena vs. Taker. Plus, AJ vs. Nakamura's probably gonna Match of the Year candidate, of not match of the night.

Archived