The one change I want to see in WWE 2K19

sirocco_jim

No more rivals constantly facing each other in 1 on 1 matches in Universe, thats my number 1 annoyance with these games. Every year i see a dev or someone say thats fixed in this game, then i go into Universe and set up rivalries and of course i see them booked in 1 on 1 matches with each other practically every week.

Need more cutscenes in universe, i swear every year its like theres a total of 5 or 6 that can happen and thats it.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its real ragdoll-y in RDR and GTA because there is really no need for them to put much effort in making it realistic. Wrestling has more specific landings and reactions that need to be controlled so I imagine if they finally did implement Euphoria or any other smart ragdoll engine, it would look much different.

Its real ragdoll-y in RDR and GTA because there is really no need for them to put much effort in making it realistic. Wrestling has more specific landings and reactions that need to be controlled so I imagine if they finally did implement Euphoria or any other smart ragdoll engine, it would look much different.

Yeah. I think using the engine and knowing when to place contextual selling animations, it could possibly work out fine.

I would love to see them tweak the reversal system. Human vs human matches become incredibly boring when everything is so easily reversed. Ever since they added that little transitional animation before grapples it's become far too easy in my opinion. Same goes for the standard grapples (just clicking the grapple button with no direction), once you choose what grapple to there is always that little animation which is a huge giveaway.

Reversals haven't been difficult since WWE12.

I also want more freedom back. I popped in 2k17 for last gen recently (still uses the old engine) and I was shocked at how much more freedom we had. I could stand on the announce table and jump off, and I could do any grapple I wanted to on the table. Didn't need a finisher. It really made me realize that I don't like how "choreographed" the games are becoming. They rely to heavily on scripted animations. For Christ's sake I can't even position ladders and tables wherever I want anymore. And I can only choose from like 10 different table grapples, whereas in the old games I can do any grapple I wanted to even if it doesn't make sense.

Also, falling animations need fixing. It's embarrassing to throw someone off the cell or stage and have them completely defy physics and fall in slow motion while stuck in the same frame. It looks ridiculous.

I don't mean to be a hater, I love the wrestling series. I've been buying them since HCTP like many other members here. But I feel the series really started to peak around wwe12-wwe2k14. The jump to next gen has almost seemed to take a lot of steps back in certain aspects.

I agree with all of this. There was a lot of freedom in old games, SvR 11 in particular had those crazy weapon physics which added unpredictability to TLC matches and opened up various ways of destroying stuff. It was really flexible and satisfying.

Edit: Somehow I thought that was a recent post lol. Meh.

I'd see to see them add the option to take a photo of a custom championship so you use it as an image in creation mode. like if you want to make a custom Night Of Champions/Clash Of Then Champions arena, you can add the image of your created championship on the apron or stage if you have created titles as your shows championships.

every year, i think...."this is gonna be the year we can edit the whole appearance of ingame roster" and every year im wrong.

maybe u don't have to let me change height, weight, size/shape of facial/body features. But i need to be allowed to change the hair, facial hair, face paint, tattoos etc

I wanted to make a thread about this but since this seems like it's the "wishlist" thread I'll say it here.

How about 2k does something I doubt is hard and just laziness and have 5 and 7 man matches. Also more type of handicap matches 3 on 4, 1 on 4, etc.

If they ever bring Match Creator back, those should be optional

Either they polish the mocap moves or bring back the good ol'arcade-ish animation way back in SVR.

What? That would take them wayyyyyy too long.

But yeah, a lot of the mocap moves just dont look really good...the worst is that a lot of them look so very weak(which also has to do with the mat no moving)

Anyway...one of the smaller things i would like to see is the good old no mercy thing where you can walk over stuff like chairs and execute moves on them without much trouble.

A good weapon physic and so would be really nice.

I was just watching one of those annouce table spot compilation videos, and there were a lot of cool moves there.

In the 2k games most of the moves there you can only do if you cleaned it off and then the wrestlers stand on the table.

I would like to see moves onto the table when its still with the monitors and stuff, moves from the side and so on.

I don't think the mocap is nearly as bad as some of you say, though I also don't think you're lying. What i think is going on is that a lot of moves speed up a bit and slow down a bit based on stats, and a big part of an impact is A: The sound of it and B: the shake of the ring. The sound effects for slams are awful and have a noticeable effect on how good moves feel, and the ring being stiff as concrete means there's no real visual feedback for a move.

I think fixing that would fix a lot of the animations people see as a problem.

Archived