The one change I want to see in WWE 2K19

sirocco_jim

The camera angles. The overhead view really takes away from the authenticity.and with such great looking models in this years game it would have been great to see everything a little more close-up.

I want the option to be able to set the hard camera facing the entrance (like the late 80's and early 90's), and to have a close-up 'right there in the action' camera when 2 guys are fighting up the ramp or through the crowd. Bring everything a little bit closer to the screen, it makes the game look bigger.

p.s., also, custom entrance music

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

P.S. - Also... 2K19 will need better Q&A before it "leaves" the 2K offices later this year.

It needs better QA, but the testing team also needs to actually know wrestling so they know situations to test out better.

One thing they definitely need to do, is to note use the base game of the previous release for the new release.

Or else we're gonna have all the bugs & glitches in again that have since been patched.

Thats simply not an option. They cannot make an entirely new engine with all the same features and content in a less than one year dev cycle. Simply an impossibility.

The camera angles. The overhead view really takes away from the authenticity.and with such great looking models in this years game it would have been great to see everything a little more close-up.

I want the option to be able to set the hard camera facing the entrance (like the late 80's and early 90's), and to have a close-up 'right there in the action' camera when 2 guys are fighting up the ramp or through the crowd. Bring everything a little bit closer to the screen, it makes the game look bigger.

p.s., also, custom entrance music

i like that idea. they could even have the option in create an arena so you make each one you create with different hard camera angles so each arena feels unique.

I would love to see them tweak the reversal system. Human vs human matches become incredibly boring when everything is so easily reversed. Ever since they added that little transitional animation before grapples it's become far too easy in my opinion. Same goes for the standard grapples (just clicking the grapple button with no direction), once you choose what grapple to there is always that little animation which is a huge giveaway.

Reversals haven't been difficult since WWE12.

I also want more freedom back. I popped in 2k17 for last gen recently (still uses the old engine) and I was shocked at how much more freedom we had. I could stand on the announce table and jump off, and I could do any grapple I wanted to on the table. Didn't need a finisher. It really made me realize that I don't like how "choreographed" the games are becoming. They rely to heavily on scripted animations. For Christ's sake I can't even position ladders and tables wherever I want anymore. And I can only choose from like 10 different table grapples, whereas in the old games I can do any grapple I wanted to even if it doesn't make sense.

Also, falling animations need fixing. It's embarrassing to throw someone off the cell or stage and have them completely defy physics and fall in slow motion while stuck in the same frame. It looks ridiculous.

I don't mean to be a hater, I love the wrestling series. I've been buying them since HCTP like many other members here. But I feel the series really started to peak around wwe12-wwe2k14. The jump to next gen has almost seemed to take a lot of steps back in certain aspects.

I would love to see them tweak the reversal system. Human vs human matches become incredibly boring when everything is so easily reversed. Ever since they added that little transitional animation before grapples it's become far too easy in my opinion. Same goes for the standard grapples (just clicking the grapple button with no direction), once you choose what grapple to there is always that little animation which is a huge giveaway.

Reversals haven't been difficult since WWE12.

I also want more freedom back. I popped in 2k17 for last gen recently (still uses the old engine) and I was shocked at how much more freedom we had. I could stand on the announce table and jump off, and I could do any grapple I wanted to on the table. Didn't need a finisher. It really made me realize that I don't like how "choreographed" the games are becoming. They rely to heavily on scripted animations. For Christ's sake I can't even position ladders and tables wherever I want anymore. And I can only choose from like 10 different table grapples, whereas in the old games I can do any grapple I wanted to even if it doesn't make sense.

Also, falling animations need fixing. It's embarrassing to throw someone off the cell or stage and have them completely defy physics and fall in slow motion while stuck in the same frame. It looks ridiculous.

I don't mean to be a hater, I love the wrestling series. I've been buying them since HCTP like many other members here. But I feel the series really started to peak around wwe12-wwe2k14. The jump to next gen has almost seemed to take a lot of steps back in certain aspects.

Couldn't agree more.

They've angled the game more towards 'OMG' style cut-scenes and gradually left us with less and less freedom. They need to find a way of giving us the best of both worlds.

One easy means of doing this, which i've wanted them to do for ages, is to allow us to use a 'weapons' button whenever we're hitting a move. Essentially, you hold this button, and it'll direct your move towards whichever weapon is closest to you.

Get rid of the mother fing logo limit for crying out loud. I have a damn 1tb hard drive and can only use 300mb for logos. Ridiculous.

Its not as simple as that, unfortunately. If it were just a matter of HD size then we'd have unlimited caws too, but unfortunately the game has to bear additional load as those are filled up, nevermind the hit to RAM over time.

Taunting and/or using a wake up taunt while holding a weapon is a future change that I'd really like to see...

agreed. and also the ability to cancel your taunt. it sucks when you're doing a taunt and your opponent(s) hit/grab you and theres nothing you can do about it.

Taunting and/or using a wake up taunt while holding a weapon is a future change that I'd really like to see...

agreed. and also the ability to cancel your taunt. it sucks when you're doing a taunt and your opponent(s) hit/grab you and theres nothing you can do about it.

I think you can while doing a wake up taunt. L1.

I think you can while doing a wake up taunt. L1.

You're thinking of charge finishers.

Personally, I'm somewhat fine with not being able to cancel a taunt... it should be a risk/reward kind of scenario.

Ive said this for years, we need MORE signature strikes not just moves. Only a handful of guys in the game have signature punches/kicks. Theres over 100 people in the game but only 5 people have their own punches/kicks? Its like nba2k only have 10 superstars have their own jumpshots while everyone else had generic shots. Everything a guy does in a ring is unique to himself... make it happen!!!

Personally, I'm somewhat fine with not being able to cancel a taunt... it should be a risk/reward kind of scenario.

I kinda feel the same way. I get why it's annoying but there is a little bit of a strategy behind it.

I'd love to see a much needed change to the counter/reversal system. I do like having stored reversals but I wish that they were more controllable. Weight specific, style specific, character specific. etc. Just give the players more control over the reversal outcome as far as how we counter and what moves it leads to.

Archived