Dean Ambrose out for up to EIGHT months.

MikeM

I feel bad for him but I stopped caring about him as a wrestler a long time ago. I miss the original Dean Ambrose who made his debut in FCW a couple of years ago.

Same.

Main roster Ambrose just isn't the same, tbh. I thought Ambrose was dope as *Censored* during the first half of the Shield run and the months after they split up during his feud w/ Rollins, but once the rivalry against Wyatt hit, his character became really lame compared to how it used to be. It's honestly both his fault and WWE's fault (Ambrose seems to be content with he's got, and WWE's booking of his character portrayal could be a lot better).

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest The Bar & The Shield has been one of the best feuds of the year.

Not shitting on your opinion. Honest question...how?

Theyve fought on almost every RAW with no angle. Sure, it may have produced some watchable matches but what else?

WWE 2k18 stuff :lol:

Theyve fought on almost every RAW with no angle. Sure, it may have produced some watchable matches but what else?

Good matches that always deliver. Given most other feuds WWE throw at us, it's a rare thing. You can bank on them producing something enjoyable every time a combo of the two teams stepped into the ring together, especially when the rest of the episode of RAW is a slog to get through.

Maybe some of us aren't looking for much else other than "watchable matches" sometimes.

Good matches that always deliver. Given most other feuds WWE throw at us, it's a rare thing. You can bank on them producing something enjoyable every time a combo of the two teams stepped into the ring together, especially when the rest of the episode of RAW is a slog to get through.

Maybe some of us aren't looking for much else other than "watchable matches" sometimes.

Like I said, I was just asking. Not criticizing. I personally need meaning or stakes behind matches.

The only thing that killed the Rollins/Ambrose vs The BAR feud for me were the constant RAW rematches. Or like how they needed a big match and gone with the "guess what guys, another surprise match, Rollins/Ambrose vs The BAR". Yay.

Overall, it's been a top feud. Sheamusand Cesaro had some cool moments and worked their asses off. In ring, and had some fun comedic stuff and whatnot. I remember when Sheamus and Cesaro was obvious when they started feuding, and even though it sounded good on paper, nobody knew how it was going to turn out. But yet again, another Ceasro team that was highly successful (not taking anything from any of his partners throught the years in WWE or outside, but given his track record, it's pretty amazing, desrves a HoF spot just for that).

Rollins and Amrose on the other hand, well it saved them from randomly going up and down the card. I remember people saying it was a cool moment when he got back with Ambrose, and it was a decent build up. Overall, for a mid year run that was supposed to build up to WM, it was a pretty good slow burn.

Downside of it all is... it *censored*ed up the tag division kinda. Hardys were kind in the picture untill the injury. But then again, The Revival was out tp, so yeah... It probably messed up their plans. Shame they couldn't find a more prominent spot for The Club. Because in all seriousness, they could have.

Most stupid thing about the feud was the way the Bar snuck the titles back in Manchester - because surely a match is abandoned if three other wrestlers show up and everyone goes after them? A double countout at the very least. Even the referee had diverted his attention.

I personally wouldn't say any of the The Bar vs. Shield matches have been as good as any of the Usos vs. New Day matches, especially not their last one at Hell in a Cell. That match alone is easily in the top 5 matches of the year. Can't say any of the Bar vs. Shield matches break the top 10.

I agree with you. New Day & The Usos feud was outstanding and it resulted in great progression for both teams.

Still, Bar & Shield has been consistently good.

Speaking of injuries, for as long as Chris Jericho has been wrestling, I don't believe he has sustained an injury yet - or at least not one that has kept him out of action for any amount of time. He's probabaly been hurt at most.

He broke his arm at SMW when he was teaming with Lance Storm and while he did wrestle with a cast on he must've missed some time.

Archived