Dean Ambrose out for up to EIGHT months.

MikeM

Been reported he's torn 50% of his tricep off the bone, expected to be out for possibly four months. He underwent surgery on Tuesday.

Damn this Shield reunion is cursed. Seth's the only one who's stayed fit since they reunited.

EDIT: WWE put the timescale at "Up to Nine Months" but I think we can shave a month or two off for kayfabe purposes.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave Meltzer addresses Dean Ambroses elbow injury in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

He says that Ambroses elbow injury may date back to the WWE TLC PPV on October 22nd when he took a bump on a table that didnt break. Apparently Ambroses elbow swelled up immediately.

Ambrose continued to work all his scheduled WWE events but the injury must have caught up to him and gotten worse this past week.

http://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/910435-what-caused-dean-ambroses-elbow-injury-maryse-reluctantly-eats-meat-to-win-a-bet-w-the-miz-video

Only positive to this is no more Seth/Dean VS Cesaro/Sheamus. I've become less of a fan of the four of them because of it. Which I'm sure wasn't the intention...

Before anybody tries to tell me how good the matches were, I don't care. Exchanging meaningless wins on RAW for FIVE MONTHS straight with no story aside from, "I want the titles" doesn't appeal to me tbh.

Only positive to this is no more Seth/Dean VS Cesaro/Sheamus. I've become less of a fan of the four of them because of it. Which I'm sure wasn't the intention...

Before anybody tries to tell me how good the matches were, I don't care. Exchanging meaningless wins on RAW for FIVE MONTHS straight with no story aside from, "I want the titles" doesn't appeal to me tbh.

Five months? Can't blame you

Agreed about that.

Hopefully they really work on the tag division on RAW now. But I'm not too positive about that.

And I thought Reigns vs Owens/Jericho was bad. Jeez. That's Jinder's entire Championship run.

I feel sorry for the guy, first decent thing he's had to do in ages and now he's got four months of rehab ahead of him. Plus he's not going to see his new wife because she'll be touring while he's in Birmingham.

He'll be touch and go for Mania now as well.

Dean has always been a favourite of mine, so this sucks. Especially since Dean always seemed to be one of those guys who just never gets hurt.

I hope they keep going with the Shield thing for now and continue it when he returns. Just have Rollins and Reigns represent. And give them at least another 6 months of proper return after Dean is fit to go. If Dean turned on Seth as soon as he came back from injury the whole Shield reunion would just be looked back on as a huge failure. They need to give it more time for a heel turn to be effective.

Archived