2018 Hall of Fame Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not even a Warrior Award, just let Jim Johnston go on into the WWE HOF. He deserves it. Im excited for the Dudleys going in, same with BBB. Ivory honestly deserves it too. Regardless of how people feel about Goldberg taking the title off KO last year, he really does deserve to go into the HOF as well. Happy for him. Undecided on Kid Rock, I like some of his songs but Im really not for the celebrity side of the HOF.

I will never understand why people are so opposed to the celebrity wing. Like it actually has boggled my mind for years.

These people are fans who have usually worked with the WWE on multiple occasions. I am sure it is super cool for them to be inducted.

I personally am not opposed to it, however I don't like that it's a yearly thing. If it's a celebrity that has legitimately helped WWE reach new heights or creative potential, then hell yeah. But like, Kid Rock just seems weird to me. Maybe he has more of a history with them than I know, but all I'm aware of is him having a pretty lackluster concert at Mania 25.

Replace Bam Bam with Vader and Kid Rock with Cyndi Lauper or Muhammad Ali and It would be OK(Ali for his involvement at WM I and his "match" with Inoki)

Why the hell would you replace Bam Bam with Vader. ? Just have Vader as well, or next year.

Replace Bam Bam with Vader and Kid Rock with Cyndi Lauper or Muhammad Ali and It would be OK(Ali for his involvement at WM I and his "match" with Inoki)

Why the hell would you replace Bam Bam with Vader. ? Just have Vader as well, or next year.

I agree why replace Bam Bam. They induct one deceased wrestler every year so he is a good choice. Yup they should add Vader to the list. He deserves it.

Jim Johnston, Lillian Garcia, and whoever that kid was that HBK thanked for making him look good in the video-editing department, there should be some sort of "contributor" wing kinda like MLB has for people like these that don't compete and aren't "celebs".

Justin Roberts said that's exactly what the Warrior Award was supposed to be for in the first place. But then it was hijacked as a great PR exercise.

I agree why replace Bam Bam. They induct one deceased wrestler every year so he is a good choice. Yup they should add Vader to the list. He deserves it.

Honestly, why can't we have both?

We can, but you're the one who suggested to replace Bam Bam with Vader.

Jim Johnston, Lillian Garcia, and whoever that kid was that HBK thanked for making him look good in the video-editing department, there should be some sort of "contributor" wing kinda like MLB has for people like these that don't compete and aren't "celebs".

Justin Roberts said that's exactly what the Warrior Award was supposed to be for in the first place. But then it was hijacked as a great PR exercise.

Nothing against the people WWE been choosing but this would have been much better imo.

I will never understand why people are so opposed to the celebrity wing. Like it actually has boggled my mind for years.

These people are fans who have usually worked with the WWE on multiple occasions. I am sure it is super cool for them to be inducted.

I personally am not opposed to it, however I don't like that it's a yearly thing. If it's a celebrity that has legitimately helped WWE reach new heights or creative potential, then hell yeah. But like, Kid Rock just seems weird to me. Maybe he has more of a history with them than I know, but all I'm aware of is him having a pretty lackluster concert at Mania 25.

uh um....like Cyndi Lauper. and she wasn't there for a one off appearance like most celebs. she helped bring WWE(F) to main stream and was Wendi Richter's on screen manager for a while. she even helped fuel the Hogan and Pipers rivalry. she did more for that company then any other celebrity ever did.

Bam Bam going in makes me happy as hell

And Warrior was a douche, so he probably had no sympy for diasbled or ill people.

I heard that once a kid with cancer who was a huge fan of Warrior

went to a show to meet him, and Warrior just ignored him when he came across him. It's pretty *censored*ed up how WWE named an award after him and now gives it to cancer patients every year, considering how if Warrior was still alive he wouldn't give a flying shit about those people.

Because we don't need both this year. We always have next year.

Such a simple freaking concept to understand.

Archived