2018 Hall of Fame Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Along with school shootings, obese children and shit versions of foreign TV shows Kid Rock is the embodiment of why the rest of the world hates America.

Congrats to him I guess.

Kid rock was kick ass back in the day he was Basicly the first major white rapper

That supposed to make it any better?

With Jim & Andy coming out last year this really would've been the perfect opportunity to induct Kaufman. You could've had Lawler induct him and Jim Carrey doing a speech. Nice publicity and giving someone who deserved it a spot.

Then again, they might not want to bring attention to man on woman violence in today's society... Rich Swann would probably have a field day...

He got ABA Undertaker over af. :hqhq:

Nah but I remember Tazz sharing a little story a while ago about how Kid Rock was definitely Vince's favorite artist back in the day and how he loved playing his music on loop in his private jet. :lol:

Well he did perform at multiple events, one of his songs was a theme for a top name like undertaker and he's supposedly a legit wwe fan.

I'm not saying he deserves it over others but can understand why he's going into the Celebrity HOF wing. Not being a fan of his as a musician doesn't mean he's not a valid inductee wheather he's before some others or not

Said it before...but it bears repeating - I don't have an issue with Kid Rock as a celebrity wing inductee. I do think that he has contributed a significant amount to WWE. I just don't like Kid Rock as a person. I can't let my personal dislike of the guy distract from his contributions to the WWE product.

But, at the same time...I do take issue with him being inducted before someone like Lemmy. Reason being, Lemmy actually produced music specifically for the WWE. Kid Rock allowing people to use songs that he wrote for his own albums is one thing. But, Lemmy produced three unique tracks specifically for WWE. You have "The Game", "King of Kings" and "Line in the Sand"...original tracks that this dude went out of his way to produce for the WWE. Definitely a greater contribution in the long run.

Really, though...I think it's at least a bit obvious that Kid Rock is getting in the HoF because WWE wanted to use his song for Mania 34. I suppose it could have been the other way around. Maybe they told Kid Rock he was being inducted...and then he said "Hey, I got the perfect song for ya'll"...but I doubt that. They probably wanted his New Orleans track, contacted him about it...then used a HoF induction to sweeten the deal.

Hopefully both parties can come to some kind of reasonable settlement when it's all said and done. I want to see a lot of those talents back in the WWE games again at some point.

Archived