Mixed Match Challenge Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

IAfPk3J.jpg

Facebook and WWE to launch LIVE in-ring series, Mixed Match Challenge, exclusively on Facebook Watch

Facebook and WWE today announced a new in-ring series, Mixed Match Challenge, that will stream live in the U.S. exclusively on Facebook on Tuesday nights beginning Jan.16 at 10 p.m. ET/ 7 p.m. PT. The 12-episode series will air on Facebook Watch and feature WWE Superstars from both the Raw and SmackDown LIVE rosters competing in a single-elimination mixed tag-team tournament to win $100,000 to support the charity of their choice.

Check out the Mixed Match Challenge Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/WWEMixedMatchChallenge/

Each 20-minute episode will reflect a progressive approach to production, with elements optimized for mobile consumption, experimentation and social interaction, including the ability for the WWE Universe to engage with Superstars during the show. In addition, fans will have the opportunity to select matchups, match stipulations and more, on Facebook

Mixed Match Challenge Participants

Mixed Match Challenge is a Raw vs. SmackDown LIVE tournament where male and female Superstars team up to determine which combination of strength, skill, athleticism and experience reigns supreme.

Fans will have the opportunity to vote on Facebook for the final competitor from the Raw roster, as well as which tag team member of The New Day will be added to the SmackDown LIVE roster. Teams will be announced beginning Thursday, Jan. 4.

Monday Night RAW

Alexa Bliss, Alicia Fox, Asuka, Bayley, Nia Jax, Sasha Banks

Braun Strowman, Enzo Amore, Finn Balor, Goldust, The Miz, (fan vote for final member)

SmackDown Live

Becky Lynch, Carmella, Charlotte Flair, Lana, Naomi, Natalya

Bobby Roode, Jimmy Uso, Rusev, Sami Zayn, Shinsuke Nakamura, (fan vote for a Member of the New Day)

Update: Teams (so far)

Monday Night RAW:

Braun Strowman & Alexa Bliss, Finn Balor & Sasha Banks,

Smackdown Live:

Bobby Roode & Charlotte Flair, Rusev & Lana, Jimmy Uso & Naomi,

The unique storylines for Mixed Match Challenge will continue between episodes across WWEs Facebook Pages with short-form videos and social content. WWE will also promote the series across its extensive digital and social footprint, including a new Facebook Watch show Page dedicated to Mixed Match Challenge. A promotional sizzle reel for the show can be found here.

Facebook Watch is a new platform for shows on Facebook where brands can build and engage with a community of fans. Facebook Watch is available on desktop, mobile and connected TV apps. Fans can follow Mixed Match Challenge to add episodes to their personal Watchlists.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwe-mixed-match-challenge/article/mixed-match-challenge-to-launch-facebook-watch

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But guys, Survivor Series is the one time of the year where RAW and SmackDown compe-

Also RAW's gonna have to win again if only to protect Asuka's streak lol

I just realized this is mixed-tag...

ASUKA AND BRAUN PLS

Alexa Bliss/The Miz

Alicia Fox/Goldust

Asuka/Braun Strowman

Bayley/Finn Balor

Nia Jax/Enzo Amore

Sasha Banks/Jason Jordan

Charlotte/Bobby Roode

Becky Lynch/Shinsuke Nakamura

Carmella/Xavier Woods

Lana/Rusev

Naomi/Jimmy Uso

Natalya/Sami Zayn

Hoping these are the final teams

Interesting idea.

Although... kayfabe. So the winner getting 100k for charity doesn't matter lol.

Fair point for Asuka but remember it's for pinned ad submitted, so it's fine if she loses but isn't the one to take the fall. That's happened before, right?

Interesting idea.

Fair point for Asuka but remember it's for pinned ad submitted, so it's fine if she loses but isn't the one to take the fall. That's happened before, right?

I think she lost a battle royal once, but I dont thibk Asukas even lost a televised tag or multi-woman match other than that. Im probably wrong though.

Interesting idea.

I think she lost a battle royal once, but I dont thibk Asukas even lost a televised tag or multi-woman match other than that. Im probably wrong though.

She did, it was her and Liv against....I think Iconic? Liv ate the pin.

Interesting idea.

Well it DOES matter. I means a charity receives 100k.

Either I'm missing an important detail here...or none of this makes any sense...

They're going to gave a scripted wrestling match, wherein the winner gets $100k for a charity? But, it's pro wrestling...which is scripted. I guess it's a nice way of WWE contributing $100k to a charity, and making a spectacle out of it. But, it still feels like a strange avenue to do that. Meh...I guess it makes as much sense as anything else in WWE. I just hope they don't announce different charities for each team...because it would be pretty shitty for WWE to announce multiple charities, and then blatantly pick the winner.

Anyway...inB4thewinnerisconnor'scure

They're going to gave a scripted wrestling match, wherein the winner gets $100k for a charity? But, it's pro wrestling...which is scripted. I guess it's a nice way of WWE contributing $100k to a charity, and making a spectacle out of it. But, it still feels like a strange avenue to do that. Meh...I guess it makes as much sense as anything else in WWE. I just hope they don't announce different charities for each team...because it would be pretty shitty for WWE to announce multiple charities, and then blatantly pick the winner.

Lmfao that would be awful. Little disabled kids cheering on wrestlers only to get their hearts broken. Then the wrestlers who lost would have to face them and tell them they failed and they won't be getting those special wheelchairs they needed :(

Either I'm missing an important detail here...or none of this makes any sense...

Anyway...inB4thewinnerisconnor'scure

don't worry. The Charity organisation is kayfabe aswell.

Archived