Official Royal Rumble Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So with this Jinder/Styles title match coming up, I feel like this needs to be said. Styles is better than Jinder in every single way and I'm in no way impressed with Jinder's run as champion. However, after months of every dirtsheet site calling him a failure and blaming low ratings on him, it trips me out that barely any site is mentioning how the ratings haven't improved since Styles become champion.

There is practically no difference and SD took a dip again on December 12th. So was it biased reporting? Or fact? I'm leaning towards the former. I honestly think the fact the state of the weekly shows is to blame. Not the champs.

Edit: This was supposed to be posted in the Clash of Champions thread. But eh, one of them will be champ at the Rumble.

So with this Jinder/Styles title match coming up, I feel like this needs to be said. Styles is better than Jinder in every single way and I'm in no way impressed with Jinder's run as champion. However, after months of every dirtsheet site calling him a failure and blaming low ratings on him, it trips me out that barely any site is mentioning how the ratings haven't improved since Styles become champion.

Yeah, but did that happen, though? And even if it did, the problem is Jinder is still in the title picture, makes no difference if he's holding the belt or chasing it.

Yeah, guys! *Censored* ratings! Ratings don't really matter, right?

Not to us fans they dont.
Typically, TV ratings are a direct reflection of how good or bad a show is. In this case, the ratings are low - and rightfully so, in my opinion.

Cant we form our own opinions on that? And if they are a reflection then nothing the current crop of guys does is anywhere near the stuff of the Attitude Era.

Has Sheamus won the Rumble? I cant remember. Im ready for him to jump back in the forefront of the division. Same with Cesaro.

Yeah he has, the year he beat Bryan in 18 seconds at Mania.

Archived