Official NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 12 Discussion

MopOfVirtue

That's awesome. Have a great time and kick some Young Lions, if you have the chance :P

And yeah. Suzuki is a surprisingly chill guy irl, which you would never guess with his character and history.

The fact that he's a huge One Piece fan and even appeared on the spin-off is a minor give-away though

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- NJPW spoke with Jado about his old friend, Chris Jericho and his upcoming match against Kenny Omega. Jado talked about Jericho being the challenger in the match and NJPW being able to put together a match that WWE couldn't.

"I think his radar picked up that Kenny's doing big things and that they're from the same home town of Winnipeg, so he decided something had to happen," Jado said. "Again, I thought that it's really like him, to have the intuition to choose Kenny who's on such a rise. And he did it on NJPW World so the whole world could see. He wanted to send that message, 'I'm number one in Canada, and I'm number one in the world'. But I think this is a bigger topic in America than it is here. I mean, with this match, New Japan is doing something that WWE couldn't hope to put together. There's probably a lot of pissed off people over there right now [Laughs]."

- Via Yahoo! Japan, Kenny Omega was interviewed more about which match should go on last at Wrestle Kingdom 12. He maintains that Naito vs. Okada for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship should go last, since he lost to Naito at the G1 Climax Finals and couldn't beat Okada for the title, but still thinks the world is going to be watching Jericho vs. Omega. Chris Charlton (@reasonjp) transcribed his words to English, which you can read below.

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/945931868678979586?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/945932134757277696?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/1227/635319/njpw-star-on-what-match-wwe-couldnt-put-together/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

And yeah. Suzuki is a surprisingly chill guy irl, which you would never guess with his character and history.

The fact that he's a huge One Piece fan and even appeared on the spin-off is a minor give-away though

I heard a story that a guy at a signing asked him to sign a Lion Mark flag and he flat out refused and looked disgusted, so he keeps the gimmick going, at least.

Chris Jericho recently appeared on the Ross Report (via wrestlinginc.com), here are the highlights…

On Building The Match With Omega: “I think when this match was made, Alpha vs. Omega, Jericho vs. Omega, a month-and-a-half ago in Osaka [Japan] or wherever it was, it makes me laugh that people think, ‘Jericho announces a match, here we go, it’s going to be a big match, we’ll see you in Tokyo [Japan] in a few months on January 4 [2018]!’ As if I wouldn’t do something to build an angle. I’m too much of a disciple of Vince McMahon/Bill Watts/Stu Hart. Any great promoter would do an angle to build the match, to sell the tickets. So once again, in Fukuoka, Japan and I attacked Kenny Omega from behind, nobody saw that coming. And I love that! To me, that’s what [pro] wrestling’s all about. When you can surprise the fans and the ‘smart marks’ that think they know everything, but they don’t know anything, it makes me laugh because even you, Jim, would understand as an old school guy, of course I’m going to build an angle! Of course I’m going to do that. That’s what wrestling is!”

On Getting Physical With Omega: “He’s a great performer,” Jericho said. “He’s a great worker. And once again, it was pretty heavy stuff. And [Ross] know this, in 2017, for some reason, if you get busted open, your mentor Gordon Solie, ‘his face is a crimson mask’ and that’s what it was. And we don’t see that a lot. For me, I think it has been 10 years since someone has been busted open in a match that I was involved with and it felt good. There [are] certain rules and regulations that we have to abide by in the United States, in the WWE at this point in time, so to come into New Japan and have no rule, but there [are] still rules, I mean, listen, I understand the concept of [pro] wrestling, so I know what to do, but to have Kenny Omega busted open and to feel that, maybe, power, vibe, or energy, there’s nothing like it. And in the right circumstances, when you can bust somebody open, when you can get some color, as we used to say, it means the world because people understand that more than anything. This is the real deal. After 10 years to have a guy I’ve never been in the ring with, to see the reaction of the people, the reaction of the worldwide audience, and to see those pictures that were taken of Kenny Omega with the aforementioned crimson mask, wow, that sells tickets!”

On His Match With Kenny Omega Being The Biggest In Pro Wrestling Today: “This is a Tokyo Dome main event and if you can’t have some color and have someone busted open for that, when can you have it? And to me, this is the biggest match in [pro] wrestling today because we’ve seen [John] Cena vs. [brock] Lesnar, we’ve seen Roman [Reigns] vs. Cena, we’ve seen those matches. They’ve done those a couple of months ago. Tell me any other match in wrestling today, any country with any combination that has a bigger buzz than Alpha vs. Omega, Jericho vs. Omega. I don’t think you can do that.”

https://411mania.com/wrestling/chris-jericho-says-match-kenny-omega-biggest-pro-wrestling-today/

Chris Jericho recently appeared on the Ross Report (via wrestlinginc.com), here are the highlights…

On Building The Match With Omega: To me, that’s what [pro] wrestling’s all about. When you can surprise the fans and the ‘smart marks’ that think they know everything, but they don’t know anything, it makes me laugh because even you, Jim, would understand as an old school guy, of course I’m going to build an angle! Of course I’m going to do that. That’s what wrestling is!”

Hehehehehe. Love him.

So two days away.....who ya got?!

Roppongi 3K over Young Bucks

Taguchi Japan over Bullet Club, CHAOS, Suzuki Gun and War Machine/Elgin

Kota over Codi

LIJ over KSE

Goto over Suzuki; Goto's hair is too beautiful

KUSHIA over Scrull, Ospray, and Takahashi

Tanahashi over Jay White

Omega over Jericho

Natio over Okada

Here are my predictions:

Bushi to win the NJPW Rumble

Roppongi 3K

Bullet Club

Ibushi

LIJ

Suzuki

Hiromu

White

Omega

Naito

Also, fan fest was today, and it was awesome. I held a full scale official replica of the IWGP Heavyweight Championship, there were in-ring promos for most of the matches, Suzuki and Goto almost brawled, and the Young Lions showed some good progress. Oka, Kitamura, Yagi and Kawato all look great.

Just watched the promos from the fan fest and Ospreay and Jay White had really good ones. Surprised there was no Jericho/Omega but I guess it makes sense in kayfabe. Oh and Tanga Roa's promo is must watch as well.

The whole event is free on NJPWWorld, fyi.

Jericho dedicating his match to a couple of old friends...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdfXpUjlQnS/

Just watched the promos from the fan fest and Ospreay and Jay White had really good ones. Surprised there was no Jericho/Omega but I guess it makes sense in kayfabe. Oh and Tanga Roa's promo is must watch as well.

The whole event is free on NJPWWorld, fyi.

Jericho dedicating his match to a couple of old friends...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdfXpUjlQnS/

Yooooooo, the whole PPV?

Archived