Rich Swann Arrested, Suspended and Released

MopOfVirtue

Yeah, you're totally not biased on what you're saying :rolleyes:

How am I biased? Just stating facts. Hogan was fired for saying a racial slur, Swann was suspended for being arrested for battery and kidnapping. There's nothing biased about that. That's a fact.

You're complaining Swann isn't fired. Why is your reasoning so goddamn dumb? We're in day 1 of this situation. It's incomparable to the Hogan-situation. Swann can lose his job from this.

How tf do you not get all that + that it's way too early to draw conclusions from this on how WWE is handling this?

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WHY SHOULD THEY FIRE HIM TODAY??? He got arrested for ALLEGED battery. Innocent until proven guilty. You had recording of what Hogan said, no running away from it.

Kidnapping and battery charges are worse than saying a racial slur, he should be released. Again if the charges are proved to be false the WWE can easily rehire him.

Oh yeah, let's fire someone based on something that hasn't been proved. Makes sense. Guilty until proven innocent.

He still said it and there is no taking it back or claiming it didn't happen. It's simply that Swanns's innocent till proven guilty and you seem to have trouble wrapping your head around this.

Hogan has no place being discussed in this thread tbf.

WHY SHOULD THEY FIRE HIM TODAY??? He got arrested for ALLEGED battery. Innocent until proven guilty. You had recording of what Hogan said, no running away from it.

Kidnapping and battery charges are worse than saying a racial slur, he should be released. Again if the charges are proved to be false the WWE can easily rehire him.

Oh yeah, let's fire someone based on something that hasn't been proved. Makes sense. Guilty until proven innocent.

Yep

And yet he's still currently employed? Hmmmm when Hogan's sex tape with the racial slur came out he was fired in two seconds

This is impatient as *Censored*. Who says he isnt fired? Just because they havent publicly said so yet doesnt mean he hasnt been punished. IF he gets punished at all all by WWE.
Actually WWE said he isn't fired, just suspended. Not surprising because of how they brushed Stone Cold's domestic violence issues under the rug years ago. Know there's a huge difference between him and Rich Swann but the fact that they fired Hogan for much less and just suspend Swann when he has kidnapping and battery charges against him is just not cool and shows how hypocritical WWE can be

Well Hogan is old now and less profitable. If this happened in the 80s or 90s they'd probably look past it to and leave a warning if anything.
It still made national news and that's what WWE was after, his firing was a PR move, plain and simple. They wanted the attention and for them to look good because they fired someone who said a racial slur. Racism is an unfortunate issue that still goes on in this world sadly and WWE wanted to make a statement in regards to it. If WWE fired Rich Swann today, the world really wouldn't take much notice because he's not a household name. But he still should be fired, policy should be the same for all wrestlers no matter what your status or standing in the company. But everyone knows that no matter how they pretend that they follow policy that it really doesn't work that way. If this was John Cena they'd brush it under the rug, it's just what they do. Did it for years with Austin.
Ever hear of innocent until proven guilty? Just because Swann has ALLEGEDLY done these crimes, theres no actual proof, as of yet, in the eyes of the law. Let the case play out, and then see what happens.

In the case of Hogan, there was physical evidence (a video) of the action. Yes, what he did wasnt illegal, but in the role he held with the company, it was something they couldnt ignore (especially with the way the world is today).

Apples to oranges.

Yet again if this was Cena, they wouldn't even suspend him, they'd brush it under the rug and try and cover it up. They did it with Austin for years. It's a money thing, CENA SELLS T-shirts. It has nothing to do with whether a guy violates their policy. If a guy makes their company enough money they will do what they have to do to keep it quiet.

They saw the Hogan case as good PR, nothing more. That's why they fired him. Racism, as it always is, is a hot issue in this country, especially at that time. They used Hogan as an example. They knew it would make national news, which it did.

If glchitman was in charge of the WWE, there would be no one on the roster

Lol, um no. But I wouldnt be biased on the policies as WWE seems to be. It wouldn't matter to me how much money a wrestler makes for the company, if they violate policy they violated policy, plain and simple.

And yet he's still currently employed? Hmmmm when Hogan's sex tape with the racial slur came out he was fired in two seconds

This is impatient as *Censored*. Who says he isnt fired? Just because they havent publicly said so yet doesnt mean he hasnt been punished. IF he gets punished at all all by WWE.
Actually WWE said he isn't fired, just suspended. Not surprising because of how they brushed Stone Cold's domestic violence issues under the rug years ago. Know there's a huge difference between him and Rich Swann but the fact that they fired Hogan for much less and just suspend Swann when he has kidnapping and battery charges against him is just not cool and shows how hypocritical WWE can be

Well Hogan is old now and less profitable. If this happened in the 80s or 90s they'd probably look past it to and leave a warning if anything.
It still made national news and that's what WWE was after, his firing was a PR move, plain and simple. They wanted the attention and for them to look good because they fired someone who said a racial slur. Racism is an unfortunate issue that still goes on in this world sadly and WWE wanted to make a statement in regards to it. If WWE fired Rich Swann today, the world really wouldn't take much notice because he's not a household name. But he still should be fired, policy should be the same for all wrestlers no matter what your status or standing in the company. But everyone knows that no matter how they pretend that they follow policy that it really doesn't work that way. If this was John Cena they'd brush it under the rug, it's just what they do. Did it for years with Austin.
Ever hear of innocent until proven guilty? Just because Swann has ALLEGEDLY done these crimes, theres no actual proof, as of yet, in the eyes of the law. Let the case play out, and then see what happens.

In the case of Hogan, there was physical evidence (a video) of the action. Yes, what he did wasnt illegal, but in the role he held with the company, it was something they couldnt ignore (especially with the way the world is today).

Apples to oranges.

Yet again if this was Cena, they wouldn't even suspend him, they'd brush it under the rug and try and cover it up. They did it with Austin for years. It's a money thing, CENA SELLS T-shirts. It has nothing to do with whether a guy violates their policy. If a guy makes their company enough money they will do what they have to do to keep it quiet.

They saw the Hogan case as good PR, nothing more. That's why they fired him. Racism, as it always is, is a hot issue in this country, especially at that time. They used Hogan as an example. They knew it would make national news, which it did.

How dafuq do you know that?

Literally nothing in recent WWE history points at that. They've suspended people who were in the midst of THE headline stories of the WWE ffs

And Swann didn't violate the company policy, he was arrested for breaking the *censored*ing LAW. And he's immediately punished for it by BEING ARRESTED INDEFFINITELY. Everything beyond that makes WWE look as an even unhealthier working enviroment.

Apples to oranges.

If glchitman was in charge of the WWE, there would be no one on the roster

Lol, um no. But I wouldnt be biased on the policies as WWE seems to be. It wouldn't matter to me how much money a wrestler makes for the company, if they violate policy they violated policy, plain and simple.

Well now you're just assuming thing

This has got to be the dumbest argument Ive seen on here in a while.

And all the dumb comes from one dude tbh...

AND it wasn't me

Apples to oranges.

How dafuq do you know that?

Literally nothing in recent WWE history points at that. They've suspended people who were in the midst of THE headline stories of the WWE ffs

Not saying its right, but it was definitely easier to cover things up back then (assuming what youre saying is accurate and true). Now a days, with smart phones everywhere, and social media, its a hell of a lot harder for ANYONE to hide ANYTHING.

I honestly dont get why you cant understand what were all saying. No one is sticking up for Swann, per se, just that hes owed a fair trial, if you will.

This has got to be the dumbest argument Ive seen on here in a while.

And all the dumb comes from one dude tbh...

why do you feel the need to insult rather than counter argue your point. Have I insulted you? You don't know me man and I don't know you. So don't insult, just say nothing if you don't have a valid point to say.

If anyone on here knows me, they know that I like to push the issues, I like to get people to discuss things and while people may not agree with what I have to say all the time, some don't get why I do it and why I argue my points. I like to push the envelope, I like to push the issues and I like to bring up the "elephant in the room". It's my style. But don't throw out insults at me because I will not play that game. It's childish and stupid to flame like that. And no need for it tbh.

I dont care to argue with some jaded ass opinions, but i will just say this; every case is different so stop comparing them to each other.

If anyone on here knows me, they know that I like to push the issues, I like to get people to discuss things and while people may not agree with what I have to say all the time, some don't get why I do it and why I argue my points. I like to push the envelope, I like to push the issues and I like to bring up the "elephant in the room". It's my style. But don't throw out insults at me because I will not play that game. It's childish and stupid to flame like that. And no need for it tbh.

Also dont copy my gimmick.

I dont care to argue with some jaded ass opinions, but i will just say this; every case is different so stop comparing them to each other.

Also dont copy my gimmick.

Huh???

Well looks like hes gone. If theres a number of witnesses his chances of getting off the hook are slim.

Ive always found Rich Swann to be kind of meh in the Cruiserweight division anyway. Never understood why they gave him a spot in the Cruiserweight title scene over Cedric Alexander.

Or hell, this could be the perfect time to have Hideo Itami debut on RAW as Rich Swanns replacement. Itami will make the Cruiserweight division legit on the same level as Neville did.

Yeah, you're totally not biased on what you're saying :rolleyes:

How am I biased? Just stating facts. Hogan was fired for saying a racial slur, Swann was suspended for being arrested for battery and kidnapping. There's nothing biased about that. That's a fact.

Well, it seems like Swann is more important to them than a washed up legend.

Archived